Reviews for Bold Choices
thelandofthenutty chapter 3 . 8/15/2009
well woo! I thought this was a brilliant take on the quote, once again, you know the characters very well! I enjoyed it alot, and thought that the idea of Josh in Harry Potter costume was amazing and made me want to hug things.

Great writing!
lcf328 chapter 3 . 8/13/2009
Great story! I love how you're able to take a random line from the show, and write a whole story around it. And you're making me want to watch "The American President" again...
Annie chapter 3 . 8/12/2009
I know, I know! "It's always the guy in my position that ends up doing 18 months at Danbury Minimum Security." I love the American President!

Your story is really cute (but well-written, at the same time). I'm enjoying the ways you're weaving the events in Donna's comment together.
alix33 chapter 3 . 8/12/2009
"Abbey gazed round the room smiling and waving at the people she recognised, making a note of those she had to talk to, those she wanted to talk to and those she wouldn't talk to if she could possibly help it." - EXCELLENT strategy: Do you think Abbey would mind if I borrowed it for dealing with the whole of the editorial board (all of whom are my bosses, BTW) of the newspaper I'm a senior copy editor for?

"Donna stood next to the buffet table, pretending to admire the wide selection of food. In reality she was keeping watch of the door to see when Jackson or Baxley arrived. She didn't notice Bruno's arrival beside her. “You're supposed to eat it, not look at it!” - LOL

"picked up a couple of sandwiches, putting them on her plate." - What fillings in the sarnies, please?

“Who's right?” Sam asked, appearing seemingly from nowhere, before Donna could form a response. “Josh.” Bruno informed him. “Okay, but don't tell him that.” “Wouldn't dream of it.” Bruno reassured him," - LOL. Yes, or they will never hear the end of it.

“Really, how original.” Barbara replied, looking Donna up and down, causing her to blush red. Josh noticed the thinly veiled contempt Barbara Jackson was showing Donna and took an instant dislike to her. “Donna, why don't you introduce Mrs. Jackson to the First Lady?” Josh suggested, wanting to put the obnoxious woman in her place and get rid of her at the same time." - Now Abbey Bartlet will cut this bitch Barbara down to size in a millisecond.
alix33 chapter 2 . 8/12/2009
“Do you think Ritchie could do that?” CJ looked at Charlie with an expression that conveyed her opinion on the subject. “Yeah. Me neither.” Charlie muttered" - I agree with CJ and Charlie: Ritchie never had brains near enough to do that.

“That's fine during the service but we're flying back to Washington with a plane full of reporters!” “Can't we leave them here?” Charlie suggested. “Hm...abandoning the White House Press Corps in the middle of Iowa.” CJ's eyes glazed over as she considered the possibility, “That's going to be my new fantasy.” - LOL

"Sam stopped, causing CJ to stop and turn back to him. He looked at her for a moment before asking, “What was the old one?” - I want to know that now, too, but I did not know that I wanted to know it until Sam had the thought.

“I was just thinking perhaps you meant Sam. He's usually referred to as the cute one.” “Sam Seaborn? Yes, I saw him on Capital Beat a while ago. I can see why women find him attractive. If you like the over eager puppy type." - I guess I like the over eager puppy type, then. I never knew that about myself before I read it just now...

“It was, but Josh is the one with the muscle in situations like this.” “And what muscles they are!” She sighed. Both women contemplated Josh's muscles in silence" - LOL

"then let me say he'll be buying diner for the offensive line after the election.” - 'then let me say he'll be buying dinner for the offensive line after the election.”
alix33 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
“Okay, but she kinda hates me.” CJ put the pen she had been toying with down, “Sam, what did you do?” “I mistook her for a man,” he admitted. “Samuel!” “She's a very masculine figure from the back.” Sam attempted to explain." - LOL. I LOVE it when CJ calls Sam "Samuel!" in that exasperated tone of voice in fics.
lcf328 chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
Another great chapter. I especially enjoyed the conversation between Donna and Claire about Josh and sex! :-)
lcf328 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Great story so far! You have the characters' voices down very well.