Reviews for Lock and Key
Alexander D.C chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
I like this story very much, with a few reservations. Let's start with the good.

I've told you this before, so not to sound like a broken record or anything, but you write crazy very well, and Two-Face's obsession comes through very clearly (and entertainingly!) here. Very very well, in the kind of way that makes me want to giggle in disturbed glee. The rule certainly holds true here, in how well you capture Two-Face's voice. Doesn't hurt that it's just straight-up well-written.

That said, my only problem with it is, and this might sound a bit contradictory, so bear with me, Two-Face's voice. Now I'm probably (definitely) not as familiar with the character or Batman mythos in general as you are, but Two-Face's primary driving emotion always seemed, to me, to be rage, with undertones of obsession. Here, it seems to be the opposite, with obsession dominating, altered slightly by rage. But eh, it's a fairly minor complaint, and maybe just a matter of preference or alternate character interpretations.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Fourth paragraph was my favorite. Just so chilling! All I can say besides that is this was epic win.
Metallover130 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Stories like this deserve mor reviews. This is some fantastic insight into the warped mind that develops after all that acid to the face. It felt very Tim Sale, particularly the use of fragment sentences. I loved it; it was short and sweet and to the point. More stories like this need to be written for the Arkham habitants.
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is great!
Dawn Stag chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I really enjoyed this! Despite the fact it is only 600 odd words long you've said SO much in it and I really applaud you for being able to do that. I feel that you have captured Two-Face's character really well in the transition stage between the Harvey that was and the Harvey that is coming. The tone of it suits him down to the ground; humorous, dangerous, mad and slightly ominous. I'd love to read more whether you continue this or write something else.

Have you read Batman: Jekyll & Hyde? Your interpretation of Harvey reminds me of this, if you haven't I think it would benefit any further works you plan on doing - I've certainly found it helpful, I just hope my Two-Face will turn out as good as yours!

Thanks for sharing this!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Very creepy! I like how you put this today- the almost fractured feeling really added to the character.

The second paragraph was my favourite, along with the third that explains it. I thought that was very interesing, well written and a really good idea.

I would have liked it a little more explained in the middle. You could have added more detail without losing the feel of the story and it would have just made your readers more interested in the character created here.

Capitalizing the 'Her' was a great choice. Excellent.

Good job, overall! I really liked this.

KrisEleven
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Rocks. Two-Face gets little to no loving in this section. Even if he was little more than a footnote in the movie, the little slugger needs some more love.
Darkness Takes Over chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Nice one shot. I liked it!