Reviews for Some Things Never Change
Dorian Herestor chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
If anyone asked me to discribe this little one-shot in one word, it would have been: Hilarious!

I happen to be a, er, well, for lack of a better word, a fan of Jael's works (even if she did pair Legolas up with Linda Singer in Not Fade Away, which I thought and still think was kind of Meh) and I think you really did an excelent job with the elements of her world, and I think you really honored her with this. Having Aaron Rivers, a.k.a Thranduil, a character that is strong and stubborn and strong-minded and just down-right fashinating every way you look at him, all confused and having a panic attack because he was growing a stubble is not only extremely amusing, but also a very original idea. I personally would've never had thought of giving Thranduil any kind of facial hair. All of that said, I think I can just sum it up and say: What a brilliant job, girl!
ellfine chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
LOL! Too funny!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Jael is absolutely wonderful, and this fit perfectly in her world. Poor Thranduil. But then...not-so-poor Thranduil. : )
sexyninjalady chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
The door swung open. His wife and son stood in the doorway staring at him. "Well, that's just not a sight I wanted to see," Leif said with a look of disgust.

oh, funny;)
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
This was awesomely clever and funny. Please don't hesitate to dabble in Jael's universe again.
Jael the Scribe chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
LOL - I loved every minute of this. Thranduil locking himself in the bathroom and calling Galion on his cell phone is pretty much how it would go down. And Legolas with his matter-of-fact, "Hated you on the toilet; loved the beard."

I'm so glad you wrote this for my birthday, and I'm glad you posted it. Thank you!
PurpleHat chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Very amusing.

Thranduil shows all the horror of a mortal discovering his first grey hair - or even worse, a bald spot.

I like the way Felice convinces him that his beard is sexy, and he chooses her promise of physical delights over Galion's razor.
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Wow! I loved it! His reaction was so funny! My favourite part was his conversation with Galion...especially this line:

'He was going to kill Galion when he showed up. With his bare hands. Maybe with the razor.'

and also the last line! Poor Hal :) Great story!
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
hahaha! one of my favourite authors combined with one of my favourite verses, and it's great!
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
haha, lol i can not stop laughiong i think my mum and brother think i am going crazy, because i have been laughing my head off since the start lol
Thranduil Oropherion Redux chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Oh, you posted it! You posted it!

This story gave me such a laugh. This is exactly how Thranduil would react to his first whisker. Thank you!
Macheil chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Wonderful! I love the "Not Fade Away" series. You captured Thranduil perfectly. I like the way Felice reacted, fantastic. I hope to see more stories from the series. Thanks for this special treat!