Reviews for 5 Times James Kirk Almost Died And One He Didn't
Anne Fatalism Dilettante chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Beautiful. I love how you tied in the last chapter with the rest, it was humorous and yet there it was - the beauty of loyalty and unbreakable bonds. Everyone was really in character, and oh poor Bones! C:
Guest chapter 6 . 6/11/2013
I love this so much! :)
5ngela chapter 6 . 6/11/2013
I only know about Kirk when I watch Star Trek Into Darkness. I am grateful that I choose to watch Star Trek Into Darkness. And since I am a fan of great whumpage story, I really love your amazing James Kirk whump story. Thank you.
FantasyFreakLover chapter 6 . 6/9/2013
This was awesome. Thank you so much for this story, I absolutely adored it. Great job!
Jimelda chapter 6 . 6/7/2013
Hahah. For a fic being centered soley around the premise of injuring - or more specifically, nearly killing - Jim, this has been unexpectedly entertaining. Well done!

Cheers,
Jimelda
Emememe chapter 6 . 6/1/2013
Yeah, you definitely had me smiling all the way through, even when Jim was being offered to a pagan god. This thoroughly amazes me lol
You did a great job with pacing and injecting humor into normally humorless situations. It really balanced every chapter out :) awesome, and ill be reading your other Not Story atlas soon! I don't know whether it's romantic Kirk/Spock, which isn't really my cup of tea, but ill give it a chance anyway! I really like your writing style
Ciao!
Cherrysinger chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I'm so glad that you at least tried to research how Starships work! It definitely shows in your writing :) and is probably more than most people would do!
Nikoleta chapter 6 . 5/27/2013
To be honest, I thought this fic was mainly going to be about Kirk being masochistic, or suicidal, or just a goddamn heroic - a hero in his own mind.

I was wrong. So ultimately, amazingly, surprisingly wrong. And I am /relieved/ to know that I am.

I was so afraid that the last one would be of Kirk getting ACTUALLY killed. But, to be honest, those last few lines, it's what changed my perspective of Kirk. I used to think of him as a suicidal captain, but no, he's just doing his job, and he' putting his trust on his crew to save his ass every time after he finishes his job. And that last line, that just made me love the crew all the more.

Because their mission is to satisfy their need to be sentimental towards their captain. And their captain's mission is to satisfy his need to protect them. So it goes around in a full circle and I just love that. They're.. they're /family/.
Nikoleta chapter 2 . 5/27/2013
"Stop. Go Back."

"If I cannot change the outcome, let me change the world."

These two things hit me like a baseball bat to my solar plexus. And the last few lines... gahhaslknsf. It's beautifully written, almost poetic, even.
reddoggie chapter 6 . 5/27/2013
Awe, awesome job! Nothing like a reckless captain to give his crew the scare of a lifetime. I loved your story, James is funny along with the crew, thanks!QQ
InDefenseOfOurDreams chapter 6 . 5/26/2013
Awsometacular! Wonderful! Bravo! And I totally WON'T go look at that story you mentioned that ISN'T called Atlas and that you definitely DIDN'T post and finish a long while ago. Because I totally DIDN'T enjoy this short story enough to go look at your other story that DOESN'T exist. Just saying.
Cello06 chapter 6 . 5/25/2013
This was a great story! Good job :)
JustBlossom chapter 6 . 5/25/2013
I love this story so much! The characterization is perfect and the writing is excellent! :) Thanks so much for sharing.
Kayti13 chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
'The self-preservation instincts of a lemming.' I was laughing far too hard at that. That's a good one. I'm going to use that. Not in writing. Just in, y'know, life.
Falln4DarkAngel chapter 6 . 5/23/2013
I laughed and cried and clutched my face in terror and squirmed in fangirl ecstacy throughout this entire fic. Lordy was it only 6 chapters?
I loved the Spock/Kirk interactions, especially that scene with Spock almost following Kirk to death (can you actually do that? I'm curious now). The list Sulu came up with-it is just too great. I hope they have copies of it everywhere, like the control room for instance. Or they really should give Kirk a tracker, so that Bones doesn't die of heart failure.
And for once, I actually enjoyed reading the A/Ns before each chapter, especially when you said we can take whatever we want from the Spock/Kirk interactions and then proceed to have them cuddle on a bed (I know, it was to save his life, but still). Right. Going on to read your other stories now :)
649 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »