Reviews for 5 Times James Kirk Almost Died And One He Didn't
Shatterwing chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
T.T

Kirk needs a hug... and Spock too.

I love this story so much, and this has only proved that you are spectacular!

I would like to see some more interaction between Spock and Kirk, But I'll be ecstatic with whatever you give me.

Cyber cookies and Kudos for you!
Ginger Ninja chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
Oh my goodness, this second one was absolutely heart-breaking.

Amazing writing.

GN
geemcgee chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Wow. Where to begin.

I relly like your writing style, it's not superflous and easy to follow, and the tones you convey, even from the first chapter, are different without being overly edgy. I loved the interaction you've created between the two- all three even, and I love how you've (whichever way its portrayed to others) the beginings of the depth of a friendship.

This piece especially struck me with how emotive it was and I loved the line '...But there was music in Jim, hidden in every corner of his subconscious...' you've added yet another dimension to his character, to his storyline that I think very few people have managed and its fantastic and, with the fact that what drives him may be hidden so deeply that its become a part of who he is.

Also the 'Stop. Go back' and the last lines, 'If I cannot change the outcome, let me change the world'- dramatic genius, very haunting, tied in wonderfully and VISUALLY stunning.

Officially one of my favorites!
Kate chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Good. Heavens. This is GREAT! Both of them! Please please please update again soon!
Crystalstorm chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
This is a pretty good story so far. I am enjoying it and looking forward to reading the next chapter and seeing what else Jim gets himself into. For a first time writer of Star Trek your doing pretty good so far. Ja.
ShadowedHand chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Yes! That WAS awesome! I love how you characterize Kirk. Pike says he's a genius in the movie, but a lot of people tend to angle toward his inexperience and make him really immature. Nice Jim-Spock interaction: legendary best friends. :D Brilliant. Happy further writing, friend.
Neomeneomine chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
I thought this was fantastic, much better than your first chapter, actually. It provided great insight into Jim's character, and I loved the new dimension you added to the Kobayashi Maru. I think the parentheses that you put the middle of the story were kind of distracting, it took me a sic to figure out from which perspective they were being written from.

All in all, great job, and I can't wait for chapter two!
kitsunefire chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
After reading the first two chapters I am impressed. While Kirk getting himself into trouble is always entertaining, I really liked that you've balanced that out with the focused, proficient captain that he really is. The scene inside Kirk's head was wonderfully written.
vertaron chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
GRAH AWESOME!

If you continue the story like this, it will be one of my all-time faves, I swear. And, even though ST fans are a really lovely bunch, were not just telling everybody how cool their fics are. Just the real good authors. ;D
thymer chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
I really like this look into Jim's psyche, and the way those around him react to it. Your characterizations are very believable and the episodes you show are interesting. Good work, and thanks for sharing!
zhen123 chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Whoa...that was beautiful. I'm really into this. You have a talent for writing these scenes very realistically, but keeping them heartwrenching and intriguing. Also, I really like your writing style. Good wordsmithery!
bethamet chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
This chapter was imaginative, and a terrific read. It was a great exploration of submerged obsession being converted by the mind into a driving motivation. Nice work.
VikingShadow chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Ah! I like. Keep it up.
RoeBoat chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Wow.

I can't believe I just found this now!

So very, very good.

And not just because it's all Hurt!Jim like I love. No, but because the writing is superb, the characters are insanely believable, and the plot itself is really something.

Keep it up- I'm really impressed.

And I'm also new- I only saw the movie when it was about to go out of theaters, but I went back a bazillion times because it was that awesome. I had never seen the original series before, so I'm as in the dark as you are.

Which means that if there was any factual errors (and I don't think there were any) I didn't notice them because the story was THAT good.

Keep up the good work, and update ASAP so I don't have to go crazy!

-Marty :-D
MissSilver chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
...that was hauntingly beautiful. ... that is the best way to describe it. Kirk, Spock, McCoy, all of them were in character! and of course your plot line was so original!

Keep up the good work! I can't wait till you're next update!
589 | « Prev Page 1 .. 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 .. Last Next »