Reviews for Four Letters that Got Delivered & One that Didn't
bluemeanies chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
very well done
Dawn96 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I loved it! Or was so realistic and clearly written- a very smooth read and I enjoyed it completely! Especially then ending where Minerva sat in front of her aged student- it gave me such a sad feeling seeing all the events that had passed through those 12 years

Definitely a favourite!
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I really like this. You did a great job capturing McGonagall's practical, serious benevolence. All the interactions ring true - her close friendship with Dumbledore, her analysis of Snape and the other wizards his age, and the different ways she approaches Lupin. In general, I admire how well you showed different sides to her personality, not simply her characteristic sternness; there's also exasperation, hesitation, tenderness, and, at the end, faith.

My favorite part may be the unreturned letter - its silence says a great deal.

Crit (I realize this is an older fic, but I hope you don't mind.)

Scene 3, I thought it was odd how Minerva and Poppy were referring to the students, both with full names and Mr. Aside from Dumbledore, don't most of the professors just use surnames?

Scene 2 - I enjoyed it, but I think it could be pared down some.

That's it for crits. This is beautifully written - characters, descriptions, dialogue - everything.
hippiechick2112 chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
very nice story! i love it! )
TonksftMemories chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Beautifully written and very in character. Thanks!
acata chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This is one of the most interesting and well-written fics I have read. :) Thank you.
Lily chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Beautiful, adorably well written and with the focus on my two favorite characters :D
alittleinsane963 chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I'm applauding. Very well done!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Here to say again just how much I like this, how in-character everyone is, how much I enjoy your Remus and Minerva.
schnuggleme chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
!

I love you so much right now, oh, this is just lovely. Your Minerva is so - so *her* it's wonderful. And things I especially loved:

"'Albus, you don't want my opinion, you want to persuade me to see your side of things.' He watched her, elbows resting on his desk and fingers steepled under his chin."

I can see this in my mind so vividly. 3

"Now he just seemed lost, once-sharp eyes empty as he settled into the rhythm of life after the war."

"He cast a muffling charm with a subtle twist of his fingers, and Minerva felt a small surge of pride seeing a former student perform rather difficult magic with such ease."

And the last lines there at the end. Yes.
Dorothy chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Thanks for writing this! It was really good!