Reviews for Of Love, Trust, and Potato Peelers
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I never considered Dean's watching Sam as being a psychic cast before.
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
awww, I loved it!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Never read Dean sighing as much as he did in this fic. lol Great story!
Rat chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
awesome story, i love post 4.22 fics. And I love Dean's explanation to Sam, it was perfect.
hachoo chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Lol. Another great story; you really do the characters well with the season finale events. This story had some really sweet moments, some really sad moments, and some funny moments. Great combo, and just a really enjoyable story! Oh yeah, I also really loved the two explanations Dean gave about when Sam broke his wrist and the whole 'you see farther but I look farther'. Very smart.
kirallie chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Good work!
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Yay, Sammy gets to peel his potatoes!

What a good story... its a feel-good story that made me smile. I enjoyed it!
TraSan chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Oh, I just loved this! Poor Sammy really must feel like he can't trust himself and he knows that Dean can't, so he's got to be floundering.

When you're that lost, the smallest thing (canned potatoes) can be the final straw.

The icing on the cake though, is the subtle, yet heart-warming bro-mo between the boys. I certainly hope we're going to get just a few more of those this season, but if not, we always have great fanfic like yours!
ROBINV chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
That just made me feel SO good!

I hoped Bobby was going to being home potatoes to peel, and he did!

Go, Bobby!

Love, Robin
jensengirl4eva chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Awesome story. The potatoe analogy was great. Good Job...
cavetrollgrl chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Great heartfelt conversation between the boys. I loved Bobby's entrance with the groceries it was funny and a tension breaker both
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Wonderful analogy Dean uses of himself as a cast to help Sam heal as he ought to.

I really enjoyed Dean's inner dialogue, it fit him and gave me a clear view of what he was thinking and feeling about Sam.

Sam's despondency seems appropriate to the situation and a light bulb went off in my head when you had Dean realise that Sam probably was always a little depressed! Poor Sam.

This life of hunting is an ill fit for him, much like everything has been in his life; how he has to scrunch up to sleep in the Impala, how hard its been for him to find clothes that fit and even how he has to sleep corner to corner on most of the motel beds. An ill fitting life. You paint a good picture of that.

And Bobby-good ol' Bobby a positive reinforcement with gruff love is just what Sam needed to hear (Dean too-lol)
Visionairy chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I thought this was a great story! You gave Dean some great analogies. I would guess that that would be the only way Sam would accept his constant monitoring. I loved the line, “So if I don’t trust you, if I’m you’re shadow, if I stick with you every minute of every day, it’s to help you heal exactly the way you need to.” I'm glad Dean's not doing it to be punative, but because he still loves him.
skag trendy chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I loved this one shot. It was so sweet and Dean was so kind and understanding. I thought his analogy of trust was compelling and certainly would have made me feel a bit better had I been in Sam's shoes.

Poor kid's made some mistakes; its funny how grief affects people differently. He's bound to be guilting away over letting Lucifer walk free, but then he didn't know what would really happen when he killed Lilith. The thing is, neither did Dean until Castiel finally fessed up about it, and Dean was also hell bent on killing Lilith up until that point. Difference was, Dean had the luxury of knowledge.

So either way, one Winchester broke the first seal, and another one broke the last.

Both brothers screwed up at some point, eh?

Sorry for the waffling. Please feel free to ignore!

Kind regards,

ST x
LuckyMe1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I could see Dean following Sam around for awhile afraid of missing something and having Sam get into trouble again. Great story.