Reviews for Recurring Note
terafonne chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
Wow that was good. One thing though, I had thought the helper at the beginning was BB, because you mentioned the shinigami eyes. But... It turned out to be Souchiro, which makes sense in that he would be far more likely to help her, except (and it might be my faulty memory here) but I do not recall him with shinigami eyes? He had died of the wounds from Mello's suicide technique... ah yes, he did trade. Right, my bad.
R-dude chapter 4 . 4/1/2014
So you basically pulled some rules out of your ass to give yourself the ability to fap to Naomi?

Well, however you get your kicks.
The King in White chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
infinityphoenix chapter 4 . 6/8/2011
Well done. The only shadow of a complaint that I have is where you make a million rules about eidolon(s?) that turned Naomi into a kind of Mary Sue. Otherwise, this was a work of art.
infinityphoenix chapter 3 . 6/8/2011
Genius. Plain and simple. This was a very interesting read.
infinityphoenix chapter 2 . 6/8/2011
I liked how you made her kill herself. Definantly something that she would think of.
infinityphoenix chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This was unexpected. And now it's a favorite.

Hmm, if I had to guess, I'd say the first person was L. He would have known Misora before, and he would be the type to deduce that the watch was the key to Light's plan.

And the second would be ... Soichiro Yagami, Light's father. He had the eyes, they never met before, and he heard her name in the begining when L mentioned her.

I don't know how Naomi is alive, though. I'm interested to see the explaination.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 4 . 3/16/2011
Through the entire show, I was a light supporter, and was so utterly disappointed by the ending, as his complete and utter break down was completely out of character. Now, when I say I was a light supporter, im not saying I didn't understand the other side as well, I loved L as well, and for me the show really ended with his death as near and mellow were such poor substitutes. However, even though I was a light supporter, I think that his version of the ending was very dam n good. I don't have a problem with light losing, but the way he lost in the show was obviously done that way because the show would never have aired an episode of a mass murderer winning as an ending, even if he really should have won...anyway, great job on this, will definitely b considering this the 'real' ending for such a fantastic show.
WTFWonder chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
This is how the real series should have ended. There is no questioning or denying this. At all. Sure, Tsugumi Ohba would have needed to sprinkle little foreshadowings in the series first but this entire story-every syllable of it-was glorious a hundredfold more than the canon ending. Breathtaking and riling in a way that makes the reader feel proud and victorious alongside Naomi Misora alias Naomi Penber.

Please. Please. PLEASE. Please send a copy of this to Ohba and see if he doesn't send a reply right back asking to make it some special alternate ending comic with Takeshi Obata. At the very least it should end up in a comic serial for a special edition or some such.

What I'm trying and failing to spit out is that your story is outstanding, brilliant and all other synonyms for exemplary. Thank you for writing it and thank you again for letting this reader get ahold of it.

Adieu and happy writing.
Simsim1705 chapter 4 . 10/25/2009
I have to say, this is the most complex, enigmatic, powerful, and thought-provoking work of fanfiction I have EVER had the pleasure of coming across.

It impeccably captures the dark motifs of the story, gives a frighteningly realistic portrayal of the characters, beautifully relays the prose, and, on top of all of that, manages to end on a hopeful note, despite the death and gloom that pervade the story.

I swear, I would have much preferred this ending to the cannon one. It's a pity Ohba didn't consult you.

You, my friend, are a truly talented writer. This should have thousands of reviews at the least. PLEASE keep it up. It makes those hours of sorting through smut worth it.
One percent chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
.FABULOUS!

where were you when Ohba thought about Death note? You could have made the ending PERFECT with such a REAL twist!

After we discussed I realized that: Yes, even if Raito deserved to die, Near did not deserve to be the one to do it. What you did here was EPIC.

The scene where they were having a mental battle caught my interest to such a level. You said some truths there that deserve to be graved in my memory for ever. You vocalized what everybody thought but never said.

"'You are totally insane. Everyone else in the world recognizes this, why can’t you?'

'What I am, Nate River, is alive'.

His fingers reached for the door handle.

'And in the end, that is all that counts'.

Near then gave a signal. And the Americans…

…lowered their guns.

Kira had won."

That was my favorite part. I could feel the tension in the words. Shame.
Smile-san chapter 4 . 8/14/2009
Anyone who reads this story can see the evidence of much thought and creativity being merged into the plot.

I can deifinitely feel the death note atmosphere here as Hat O' (I forgot the last part already!) pointed out.

I am glad that our clever agent girl finally had her take on justice! You did a brilliant job at building up the suspense and have us guessing. I can bet, noone of us got it right till you revealed it to us.

The ending is quite touching but beautiful. We always like to see a side scene.

You never cease to amaze mewith your skills. There are very few authors who can mould few scenes to create an alluring plot.
Hat O' Doom chapter 4 . 8/14/2009
So the story is done. Well its been a good read. Once again congrats on keeping the original Death Note atmosphere in the story. Its been fun and enjoyable!
toolazytologin chapter 3 . 8/11/2009
eidolon: too complicated

writing style: boring

idea of Naomi coming back to life?: fantastic

but the execution of the idea really bores me.
Sonar chapter 4 . 8/5/2009
Is it me or is Ide the only one that seems mentally disturbed in a sense? Nicely done story.