Reviews for The Lips of an Angel
LadyLyn chapter 31 . 2/8/2013
I absolutley LOVED this! It is currently 7:30am and I have to work at 2pm, and I have not yet slept.. Thanks for keeping me up two nights in a row! Lol, loved, loved, loved it! Laguna was a fave. Got him spot on, also the bitchy wind comment had me literally lol-ing!
Leonhart77 chapter 31 . 1/5/2013
hahaha! the ending was absolutely hilarious when his father, Laguna, shouted at the intercom in which it can be heard all across the entire building. poor Squall I'll have the same humiliated feeling if I were in his perspective.
DonB4Real chapter 31 . 10/25/2012
Superb writing...witty and sophisticated...happy ending equals good ending...thank you
DonB4Real chapter 11 . 10/25/2012
Thats deep, manly potrail of how we feel at our lowest
DonB4Real chapter 4 . 10/25/2012
Fantastic chapter. LMAO
IronicEnding chapter 31 . 2/8/2012
oh dear

so the ending was on a high note. Overall this story represents a barbell. A strong start, a very convuluted lackluster middle, and a recovering ending.

you do so many things right. For several chapters i was thinking to myself 'yes! someone is finally doing a proper post-game, not completely disregarding all the characters have become' and then things took a nose dive going from bad to worse. I still dont understand why you had squall's battle plan become isolate friends, throw away one who inspires to fight, engage insomnia, hunger, and alochol, and take on the greatest evil ever known alone. I have to be honest, i read this thinking 'wth'

But you have mounds of talent. That part is sure. though i am sure i ahve been overly critical over the majority of the middle chapters, i wouldnt have bothered finishing if there wasnt something really special about the writing. I think you ended on a postive note. I think it was a good recovery. To take your work to the next higher level, perhaps start asking 'does this make sense?'.

You have got a lot of talent and i hope to see it nurtured and grow.

IronicEnding chapter 30 . 2/8/2012
very emotional chapter.

Well done

IronicEnding chapter 29 . 2/8/2012
Oh very well played. I will admit you tricked me into thinking Squall had stabbed himself or somethign to that effect. But to bring in Laguna?

Genius. As i have said before your ability to incorporate Laguna into these stories is quite praiseworthy

IronicEnding chapter 28 . 2/8/2012
Nice description of the battle. Like the use of possessed Squal.

IronicEnding chapter 27 . 2/8/2012
Nice twist att he end of the chapter. Its taking things in a more interesting read.

IronicEnding chapter 26 . 2/8/2012
so... the chapter is fine.

One gripe.

You really need Page breaks. Its shown up on a lot of the other chapters, but its been getting confusing to read. I was still able to enjoy it though, but pagebreaks would help a ton.

IronicEnding chapter 25 . 2/8/2012
Better are building the emotions quite nicely i think. If you are aiming for a tragic undertone i think you nailed it perfectly. Unfortunately Im stil stuck on the notion that everyone is so...defeated already. All this time and not an instant is spent thinking of a better way, or even just stirring up the conviction that while ready to die, they would fight their damdest to live.

still a good pick up. Liking where the story is going now.

Cheer!

IronicEnding chapter 24 . 2/8/2012
Good chapter to get the story going. I appreciate your picking up the pase and moving the ball forward.

Something does confuse me though

1) Seifer hasn't shown a single trait that he is capable of commanding a turtle out of a wet paper bag in this particular story. Why so intent on having him run things here?

2) Squall still sounds like he has given up. The hero who fought against fate? It feels wrong.

I like involvement of all the characters at the end of the chapter. Despite everytthing they are still on his side.

IronicEnding chapter 23 . 2/8/2012
This was a good chapter. Well done in that you had tender moments with a sense of tragic foreboding. Thats the kind of writing that sets you apart from the crowd. The dream sequence as well was riviting to read through and the reaction Squall had at the end was finally the comferting self we remember from earlier chapters. This is the way to go.

Its a minorish point but one thing to think about, is how resigned to death is Squall is in this endeavor. What I would expect to see is an acceptance that he might die, but he fully expected to use every last ounce to fight his way back. It fits in more with the way the original battle with ultimecia went.

This is the story i came here to read. Glad to see it is taking this direction

IronicEnding chapter 22 . 2/8/2012
I can appreciate the path you are taking the story. I think it would have been substantially more impactful without all the stuff that happened in the middle. It really killed the moment. It lacks so much weight and drama that it would otherwise normally have because for so many chapters we have been dealing with such an unlikable hero in a situation that i dont understand.

If we had skipped right to this, oh man, masterpiece for sure.

Cheers!