Reviews for Elemental
knightoflives chapter 29 . 4/20/2020
Go Bella! I'm really proud of her here too.
knightoflives chapter 21 . 4/20/2020
I think I understand what my problem with Bella was, for the last few chapters. It was how she distanced herself from her family. Yes, there are some big problems there. Potentially so big that it could threaten their long-term relationship. But being willing to dive into an arguably bigger commitment with Edward while keeping her parents away irked me a bit, I must say.

She is not a child of divorce She and her dad apparently had a close relationship. Her later attitude notwithstanding, Renee didn't seem to be that absent from her upbringing either, before coming back to Forks at least. So I'm having a little problem with her decision to be "cool" towards her own family, while trying to be "understanding" towards the likes of the Cullen males.

Or maybe I'm bringing my own relationship into this. I have ver close relationship with my family, especially with my mom. And admittedly, it almost always bugs b a bit whenever Bella is dismissive towards her parents in fics. I usually ignore it though, because it's justified by Renee's and/or Charlie's behavior. And here, in this fic, they're once again given the plot advancing parenting that causes so many problems for Bella. I guess this time, Bella's "distancing" stood out to me because the Cullen side wasn't that much better. Arguably more quilty, even, and Bella didn't even seem willing to hold a negative feeling about them, quite unlike she views her parents, who were strongarmed by Carlisle himself.

Not sure why I talked too much about this, but yeah. At least it's nice to see Edward becoming nicer. Surely he got that attitude from Esme, who is probably the best character here. When she doesn't excuse his son and husband's behavior away, of course.
knightoflives chapter 20 . 4/20/2020
Girl, why don't you speak up when Carlisle is methodically trying to disarm you and your family, using his authority to justify his control issues?! *Thinking* that you're angry, but not doing anything about it, not to mention accept the weak apologies so quickly... That would never solve any problems if the situational consequences were realistic.
knightoflives chapter 19 . 4/20/2020
You know, despite the narrative and how Bella feels, I don't feel quite angry about Renee. What she did when she was younger was wrong, of course, but it seems to me she might actually be ill and should've been to a doctor about her mental health. Not to mention how dickish Grandpa Cullen and Carlisle were regarding her... I would've expected Charlie to recognize that, after how Esme described her own relationship with him.

In any case, I like that Bella doesn't really excuse Carlisle's rude behavior. Don't like so much how she started excusing Edward's behavior, but to be fair he's working on his attitude. Still got away with his past rudeness though, but I doubt that's going to change soon.
knightoflives chapter 18 . 4/20/2020
I wish Bella cared more about standing up for herself and her family when Grandpa Cullen was insulting them, instead of making Edward proud or something. She needs to fight her own battles.
knightoflives chapter 17 . 4/20/2020
It's frustrating to see everyone trying to do their best to please Carlisle and Edward. I know they're "leaders" and all, but... Urgh, can't believe I want to see more conflict between Bella and them, lol. Unlike in many fics, I quite like it whenever she is angry and argumentative here, calling Edward on his bullsh*t, demanding respect. At certain times she allows others to control the flow of events, which might be understandable but it's still more than a little upsetting that yet another Edward (and Carlisle, in this case) gets away with being unreasonable with little problems.

I love this story and the setting, by the way. It's so interesting to read about there being covens all around the country. Makes me want to read a greater fantasy featuring this. In any case, can't wait to finish this story!
Guest chapter 24 . 3/29/2020
Becky is OVERBEARING, not OVER-BARING.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/26/2020
Edward was being LED to the bed. "Led" sounds like the metal "lead," which accounts for the confusion. "Led" is the past tense form of "lead" (pronounced "leed").
Guest chapter 9 . 3/25/2020
It's IN CASE (two words), not INCASE.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/25/2020
You wouldn't "she enjoyed watching mine exchange," so don't say "she enjoyed watching mine and Edward's exchange." Use MY. "she enjoyed watching Edward's and MY exchange. (Always put yourself last.)
Guest chapter 4 . 3/25/2020
"I had just did the same thing" is incorrect. It's "I had just DONE the same thing." #verbconjugationmatters
Midnight 2401 chapter 27 . 3/20/2020
Still reading it 10 years later. Best story ever!
leesmee chapter 30 . 2/24/2020
This was wonderful thank you . It’s been 10 years and I finally read Elemental , it was worth the wait. Xo
PurpleRain27 chapter 30 . 2/21/2020
Great story, loved it.
GeeWrites chapter 1 . 1/21/2020
I have seen this fic recommended loads over the years but have only just got round to reading it and I’m in absolute awe. This has completely reignited my love for reading for the first time in years. I am absolutely gutted it’s over. What do I do now? Anyway great writing and thank you for sharing this wonderful story ️
9,579 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »