Reviews for The Normalcy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
Aidea chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
I'm reading this fanfic, and I really like the couple of Tsuruya and Taniguchi, I like it since I saw this picture in Tumblr:

. /tumblr_m8rhq36VSO1qe0xczo3_
SXR123 chapter 15 . 9/8/2012
I enjoyed every moment of this story! I've read all four parts from beginning to end and I enjoyed just how well this was written! all the characters sound just like they should and this series by far was the best of your four fic arcs!

I would continue reading your other ones but they are either in indefinite hiatus or was dropped... really disappointed me... but still, I loved this! I'm glad I was able to read all four! and this one was definitely my favorite!
gotonis chapter 15 . 1/27/2012
I have to say, this one was even better than the already-great third one. There were still a few problems, but they've gone down in magnitude. I think I only saw 2 or 3 noticeable grammar errors.

One thing would be when you wrote 'Koizumi had the same smile; he seemed to be enjoying himself' or something along those lines; I'd give him a different smile. Not a big deal, but I'm thinking you could use a little work with interactions b/w Kyon and Koizumi.

Honestly, I thought Tsuruya x Tani-kun would be a little more prevalent, but that's not worth a complaint.

Ok, I think I'm going to stop trying to find things to criticize that aren't worth criticizing; I guess I want to help you improve but can't find much needing improvement.

I do want to say, however, that I like how you handled ch. 14. You did it rather well, and it seems like a situation that would really happen in the Haruhiverse, more than, say, the Antithesis. However, you also weren't copying events that already happened.

Oh, btw, how did Kyon get inside to help Haruhi with her homework with Oruki around? I hope Kyon didn't get dragged to the gym or anything...

Well, I guess that's all I really have to say on the constructive side. Keep up the good work!

~Gotonis
ChaosRune chapter 10 . 12/6/2011
And this is where I stop, I just got sick of seeing Kyon bend backwards for Haruhi, and Kyon loving every minute of it, what the hell does he have? Stockholm syndrome? Its the only explanation that makes sense at this point
Truner chapter 15 . 12/4/2011
Holy awesomeness of the gods!

This fanfiction has a pretty high chance to being in the "Top 10 Haruhi Fanfictions" list. Haruhi turning normal for Kyon, causeing the world to almost end, having such a great ending... if I wasn't so damn tired from reading this fanfiction in one go, not getting my needed shut-eye, I would probably go into details about why I loved this fanfic. But I am tired and I certainly did not get sleep, so I'll just say, that I'm pretty damn impressed. Well done. I'll read your other stories as well.
Cool Haruhiism-follower chapter 11 . 12/24/2010
Gamera becoming a president of Indonesia? wow, i'm really surprised when I see you mention my country in your story.
RandomFanDude chapter 15 . 12/17/2010
Nice story; I enjoyed it.

However, I feel like you didn't really resolve the root cause of the problem, which is Haruhi treating Kyon like crap.

He broke up with her because of how she treated him (although she was influenced by the Antithesis), and after that she focused on making him miserable.

I was hoping he'd be more direct about his concerns. He went straight from 'I hate how to treat me' to 'I love you'; it would have been nice to see some conversation along the lines of 'I love you, but it's tough when you treat me like crap' and see some indication that Haruhi would improve in the future. Even if it were all in the white space, that still affects Haruhi's subconscious and how she behaves.

And I think there's definitely room for a middle ground; she has the capability to still be the bossy brigade chief while not treating Kyon like a sub-human slave. (Example: on the island search in Normalcy, she could have still ordered him to carry everything but then let him enjoy swimming later. This was before Revelations; it seems like normal Haruhi behavior in their relationship, which isn't a good thing.)

The scene in the epilogue is nice, but it's not enough to convince me that she's going to stop emotionally abusing Kyon. It'd depend on how their relationship is shown in your next work.

It's too bad it looks like you've stopped updating that story, though; I'd like to see this series continued.
Anmynous chapter 7 . 6/11/2010
far off galaxy

approximately 3,578 light years

I think you slept your way through astronomy classes...
MasterSprtn117 chapter 15 . 5/19/2010
Wow. This is so far the best of your Haruhi stories! I've been reading them nonstop - they are that good!
gb23 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I read this without having read any of the others in your series and throroughly enjoyed it! Thank You for posting it!
pretzelboy chapter 15 . 4/11/2010
*applause* dude seriously you're one of the best fan fiction writers EVER! seriously it's almost like you wrote kidnapped the characters and put them in your story. it feels just like the Anime/manga/light novels. anyway, best work yet, can't wait for more and right now i'm going to start reading the sequel.
pretzelboy chapter 5 . 4/10/2010
holy crap, you're a godzilla fan too? oh, wow i've been a godzilla fan since i was like 5, you're officially my new hero.
pretzelboy chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
hey, i thought i was the only one who likes Tamaguchi and Tsuruya.
Moberemk chapter 15 . 12/4/2009
Wow. This was pretty good.

I don't mean that in a bad way though; I mean it in that, after your previous stories in this series, this was huge step up in terms of, well, everything. The writing was more polished, the characters felt much more real than they did before, Kyon's character arc is finally paying off a bit...honestly, the difference between this and even your last story is immensely noticeable.

Having finished reading through one giant binge of the rest of the series, I have to say that it really is amazing to watch how much you've grown as a writer; from the way that sentences are constructed less awkwardly, to the way that your characters walk and talk more like they would in the real books, and even including the way that the length of your chapters increased significantly from your first story, the improvement is clear.

That's a great thing really, so while I'll admit to not having much to say about the story itself, I'll say this: keep it up. With more practice I can easily see your next story becoming one of the best on the site.

(Also: sorry for not having much to say about the story itself beyond "It was good", but it's one AM and I just wanted to get this sent out before I could entirely forget what I wanted to say)
lazyguy90 chapter 15 . 12/4/2009
Wow... Brilliantly done on this. Excellent story. I best get cracking and start with the rest of your stories. Keep up the great work.