Reviews for The Normalcy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
Quis Custodiet chapter 13 . 8/31/2015
Ah yes, so here's the implausible plot device I foretold in chapter 10! Glad to see it's on schedule I guess.
Quis Custodiet chapter 10 . 8/31/2015
Okay, so carrying on from my last comment - I think we have well and truly reached the point where we have jumped the shark here.

Kyon has done so many 180 degree turns here with little to nothing in the way of character development that at this point I just can't read any more.

The thing that's annoying to me is that it appears that within 5 chapters you will somehow get this duo back together, but from the looks of it, it shall be completely through some strange twist of logic and instead of the growth of either character, or even a believable plot line.
Quis Custodiet chapter 8 . 8/31/2015
Your Kyon characterization as of this chapter is simply put, a broken record of patheticness that is just extremely unlikable.

Really, i think you need to pay more attention to developing characters from chapter to chapter. It's one thing to portray a character as struggling with a break-up, but then they need to get either worse or better, instead of simply staying static for several chapters in a row. Particularly when that character is telling the story from the first person perspective.

Honestly, I just want to punt Kyon into orbit by this point. He's acting beyond rationality in such a way that it's about one more chapter of "oh boo hoo I can't get over Haruhi" from starting to actually be *funny*.
Aidea chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
I'm reading this fanfic, and I really like the couple of Tsuruya and Taniguchi, I like it since I saw this picture in Tumblr:

. /tumblr_m8rhq36VSO1qe0xczo3_
SXR123 chapter 15 . 9/8/2012
I enjoyed every moment of this story! I've read all four parts from beginning to end and I enjoyed just how well this was written! all the characters sound just like they should and this series by far was the best of your four fic arcs!

I would continue reading your other ones but they are either in indefinite hiatus or was dropped... really disappointed me... but still, I loved this! I'm glad I was able to read all four! and this one was definitely my favorite!
gotonis chapter 15 . 1/27/2012
I have to say, this one was even better than the already-great third one. There were still a few problems, but they've gone down in magnitude. I think I only saw 2 or 3 noticeable grammar errors.

One thing would be when you wrote 'Koizumi had the same smile; he seemed to be enjoying himself' or something along those lines; I'd give him a different smile. Not a big deal, but I'm thinking you could use a little work with interactions b/w Kyon and Koizumi.

Honestly, I thought Tsuruya x Tani-kun would be a little more prevalent, but that's not worth a complaint.

Ok, I think I'm going to stop trying to find things to criticize that aren't worth criticizing; I guess I want to help you improve but can't find much needing improvement.

I do want to say, however, that I like how you handled ch. 14. You did it rather well, and it seems like a situation that would really happen in the Haruhiverse, more than, say, the Antithesis. However, you also weren't copying events that already happened.

Oh, btw, how did Kyon get inside to help Haruhi with her homework with Oruki around? I hope Kyon didn't get dragged to the gym or anything...

Well, I guess that's all I really have to say on the constructive side. Keep up the good work!

~Gotonis
ChaosRune chapter 10 . 12/6/2011
And this is where I stop, I just got sick of seeing Kyon bend backwards for Haruhi, and Kyon loving every minute of it, what the hell does he have? Stockholm syndrome? Its the only explanation that makes sense at this point
Truner chapter 15 . 12/4/2011
Holy awesomeness of the gods!

This fanfiction has a pretty high chance to being in the "Top 10 Haruhi Fanfictions" list. Haruhi turning normal for Kyon, causeing the world to almost end, having such a great ending... if I wasn't so damn tired from reading this fanfiction in one go, not getting my needed shut-eye, I would probably go into details about why I loved this fanfic. But I am tired and I certainly did not get sleep, so I'll just say, that I'm pretty damn impressed. Well done. I'll read your other stories as well.
Cool Haruhiism-follower chapter 11 . 12/24/2010
Gamera becoming a president of Indonesia? wow, i'm really surprised when I see you mention my country in your story.
RandomFanDude chapter 15 . 12/17/2010
Nice story; I enjoyed it.

However, I feel like you didn't really resolve the root cause of the problem, which is Haruhi treating Kyon like crap.

He broke up with her because of how she treated him (although she was influenced by the Antithesis), and after that she focused on making him miserable.

I was hoping he'd be more direct about his concerns. He went straight from 'I hate how to treat me' to 'I love you'; it would have been nice to see some conversation along the lines of 'I love you, but it's tough when you treat me like crap' and see some indication that Haruhi would improve in the future. Even if it were all in the white space, that still affects Haruhi's subconscious and how she behaves.

And I think there's definitely room for a middle ground; she has the capability to still be the bossy brigade chief while not treating Kyon like a sub-human slave. (Example: on the island search in Normalcy, she could have still ordered him to carry everything but then let him enjoy swimming later. This was before Revelations; it seems like normal Haruhi behavior in their relationship, which isn't a good thing.)

The scene in the epilogue is nice, but it's not enough to convince me that she's going to stop emotionally abusing Kyon. It'd depend on how their relationship is shown in your next work.

It's too bad it looks like you've stopped updating that story, though; I'd like to see this series continued.
Anmynous chapter 7 . 6/11/2010
far off galaxy

approximately 3,578 light years

I think you slept your way through astronomy classes...
MasterSprtn117 chapter 15 . 5/19/2010
Wow. This is so far the best of your Haruhi stories! I've been reading them nonstop - they are that good!
gb23 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I read this without having read any of the others in your series and throroughly enjoyed it! Thank You for posting it!
pretzelboy chapter 15 . 4/11/2010
*applause* dude seriously you're one of the best fan fiction writers EVER! seriously it's almost like you wrote kidnapped the characters and put them in your story. it feels just like the Anime/manga/light novels. anyway, best work yet, can't wait for more and right now i'm going to start reading the sequel.
pretzelboy chapter 5 . 4/10/2010
holy crap, you're a godzilla fan too? oh, wow i've been a godzilla fan since i was like 5, you're officially my new hero.