Reviews for Appendices
Stormbirdie chapter 5 . 4/28/2013
Thank you. I've always wondered about this.
And don't the assassin men care that women are being trained? I mean, besides Khalid.
I really needed that history lesson. And no, that's not sarcasm.
Eeeeeee chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
Dieu, this is lovely! Any of the things on the mary sue list can be and has become literature u der the hands of a masterful writer, which you certainly are. Thank you for sharing.
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Whoah. An amazingly creepy short, I think your Garnier came across very well. Loved Sarah/Sarai, and the different yet similar way she works!
x-Lure chapter 4 . 9/24/2011
I love these little side stories! Especially the one about Sarai; it got to me the most. It's a nice little view into the other girls' lives though, and I'm glad you posted them.
daniero chapter 4 . 4/20/2011
Aww Sarai :( I love her!
daniero chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Aww this is so sweet o it literally made me feel all giddy and tingly. 3
EagleFox chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
I stopped by to say this. I hate you. I hate you for making me love Kadar so that I felt so sad when he died in AC1.

And you know what? All characters have Mary Sue qualities to them. It really depends on how they're written. Rasha a Mary Sue? Ehh a little. Entertaining enough to totally look past that? Yeppers.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 5 . 12/3/2010
Yeah, it's decided. You're awesome.

...I'm still trying to figure out how you made characters that are, technically speaking, raging Mary-Sues and actually managed to make them likeable.
HellGS chapter 5 . 11/12/2010
I so fascinated with your stories... just wanted to say "thank you" and, well, would be lovely to see an update.
papertowel1567 chapter 5 . 11/3/2010
See now, this is something worth my time! you just don't get good stories like this to read anymore...

I love that story, if you haven't noticed. but what i love the most is your justification for how it is. You made an effort to thoroughly investigate how it would seem more plausible. This always allows for (the more intelligent) readers to appreciate a story.
foxesforsale chapter 5 . 8/9/2010
Thanks for posting this :) It's really interesting reading your thoughts on the matters. And of course, I love your fic 3
Rackout chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
hahaha... this notes are intresting, indeed.

eventhough 100% of saudi are muslim it doesn't mean that it is the muslim country since they don't use a complete syar'i, unfortunately :(

but i found out that the women of middle east at are locked at home at a good purpose..

The some of the men in that era are holding a large amount of lust toward women (read: Horrible), by one of the men escorting their woman when outside the house or the woman just stay at home it will decrease the chance of getting rapped..

The veil is also one of the method to press the rape rating By covering the curves, hair and all while it's protecting the woman's honour at the same time. Well, veil isn't it makes them burn? nope,the fabric that have been used is thin so no worries.. please take a note that gloves and face hijab with black colour are not compusary for muslim women ;) ..

Just want add an additional for your research since i'm doing one too ;)

Anyway, keep up the good work! Update soon :))
MicroChips chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
It's been a while since I dropped you a review for Bitter Leaves, but I just wanted to say thank you for posting is absolutely wonderful rant/piece of education. I'm remarkably... lacking in my Middle Eastern history and whilst this is a very brief overview of the political stance of Third Crusade era Middle East it's definitely very fascinating. I think I need to take some time and start looking it up in a research capacity.

Anywhoozle, thank you for being so in depth with the research you've done for this story. I think I said once before that the little nuggets of history that you add to the bottom of each chapter are absolutely fascinating, but this "rant" (and I think "education of the masses" is a little more appropriate than rant ;) ) definitely takes the awesome cake.
bloodsmoothy chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
Ha, bipolar fashion police - Iranian revolution? I agree, picking on Saudi is far too easy.

From what I understand about the beginnings of Islam and early Islam is that it was very liberating for women at the time - it allowed them to own property, inherit, etc.. But now, especially in Saudi where 100% of the population is Muslim (on paper), they seem to have completely interpreted the Koran to try to mold their society into a time where many aspects of the Book are no longer relevant (and for their own use, as you said. Not allowing women to drive, for example, which is nowhere in the Koran). It seems they forget that Muhammad worked for his first wife Khadija, who was one of the most liberated women in that time.

Thanks for taking the time to write this :) love your story.
xophoenix chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
good insight into muslim world :)

its nice to know that the story is researched well