Reviews for Fight or Flight
Leonca chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
This was wonderfully descriptive in an abstract sort of way. I have been wondering recently what would happen if his subjects became more aggressive in response to fear, so it was neat to see you’d written a story about it.
amazing chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
this was surprisingly awesome

a good story op to be sure

and interestingly and well executed.
Alexander D.C chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
So, you wanted to write something creepy? It seems you achieved your goal. Well...not so much creepy (a word I tend to use for psychological horror and such), but you definitely got the whole "extreme terrifying body horror" thing in there pretty well, and made it ENTIRELY too easy to imagine insects crawling around inside one's innards. *shudder* Didn't hurt that the narrator was obviously sadistic...and seemed to enjoy it. Yes, THAT way. *squick*

Only real problem is when you start describing the horrific imagery...I find it difficult to tell what's actually happening. Did the narrator die? Did he attack the Scarecrow? Did he make a mind screw? I'm really not sure...
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
This scared the crap out of me. Just putting that out there. Anyway, I love it!
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
“Let’s try something creepy,” - Uh, yeah, I think you’ve accomplished that. (In fact, you may have even inspired me to do something of the same, but that’s beside the point.) The point is, this was awesome. I’m glad you recommended this to me. Your one shots regarding Crane are very fascinating and like nothing I have ever read before. He’s honestly not one of my favorite characters, (is it lame that I follow the masses - the Joker is just so AWESOME!) but your portrayal of him does bring a certain something to the table that otherwise wasn’t there before. What that certain something is, however, is a certain something I cannot put my finger on. Strange.

Seriously though, I do like your Crane. He’s very intriguing, and easy to picture. For some reason I really loved the way you described his briefcase. I actually really loved that whole overall paragraph. It was so dirty, almost sensual in the way you worded it - but also very powerful at the same time. You get your point across while simultaneously describing your character.

Great, great job. I’m sorry this review isn’t very in-depth, but I feel so at a loss for words after reading your work. You pack a lot of emotion into what you write, and it’s draining for me. But of course I continue to read it anyway. What can I say? I’m a fan!

Keep it up.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
CyanideDreams610 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
You write wonderful imagery!
Dawn Stag chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I love it! For once Crane's procedure doesn't go his way. That's what I call original, I don't think many people would have thought to write something like this. Crane never gets his come uppance which is surprising for someone so arrogant.

What a great little abstract piece, it says so much and yet so little all at once; the description is brilliant. You certainly have a way of making your readers want to know more, I really want to know who the Arkham patient is but at the same time I don't; just like I want to know what happened to Crane afterwards but I'm reluctant to ask lol.

Thanks for sharing this, its a great read. Happy writing :D