Reviews for Iceberg Ahead
Vaas chapter 1 . 2/24
I like this fic. It's a good fucking fic
twolostsouls25 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Wow. You really got me in the feels right there :')

Instead of passively waiting for you to update 'Family' I've decided to delve into your other works, and find that your depiction of all the characters is so spot on.

Raven is one of my favorite characters just because she is so complex, and most often people write her as either 1. An apathetic bitch, 2. Channeling way too much emotion through angst, or 3. Channeling too much emotion without explanation because of her love for Beast Boy.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good BBxRae romance, but only if it makes sense.

Not only do you explore her complexity while keeping her emotionally reserved, but you also explore her relationships with the other titans and not particularly Beast Boy, but with the others as well. You execute some really great and meaningful scenes with Raven and Cyborg and in fact, I find those scenes to be some of the most enjoyable.

Your ability to explore the Titans' personalities and powers through metaphor is also quite impressive. I have also read 'Snow' and particularly remember a scene where Beast Boy compares Raven's powers to The Force. And both Raven and Cyborg's reflection on these two movies is spot on. I never thought to compare Raven's situation to that of the hobbits, especially how that glimmer of hope still prevails at the end after it seemed like the world was most likely lost to the hands of Sauron. Same thing with Cyborg and AI, which is a great movie by the way.

You seem to be one of the few writers on this site who can create a story that I can deeply enjoy all the way through, not just for some intense scenes and a cheep thrill, but an actual story that I'll remember! The action in your scenes are well paced and keep me interested, and your dialogue is absolutely fantastic. Keep up the good work! And hey, I'll be patient ;) great stuff takes time!
RavingReviewer chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
That was awesome! Now where do I put this award!? :-)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Humph. Now you've got ME misty, too. Shame on you.

... That was really, to use Raven's word, beautiful. And I think I know which part of RotK she cried over. I may have as well.

I gotta put this into Favorites.
Dennis Nedry chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I love you, man. Thank you. Just...thank you for this.
sparklyscrunchies chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Hi,

This is one of several reviews that you'll probably get from me today. Despite having had an account for ages, this summer was the first time I actually posted a piece of my own writing. So, in the last several months, I've realized exactly how annoying it is to have people view, or even favorite, your story, and then not leave a review. And then I'm left frustrated and wondering, "Did all these people who viewed it like it? Hate it? Did they read it all the way till the end, or read two paragraphs, get bored, and go back?" I'd like to apologize to you, and confess that I was one of those annoying readers. You wrote several stories that I read and enjoyed very much, but for which I did not leave a review. I'm trying to fix that now, if only to let you know that I read them all the way through and enjoyed them.

I really liked this story, even though I've never seen "Return of the King" or "A.I." (Thanks to this story, I'm now planning on watching both of them.) I love how you did Cyborg's voice. It's relatively rare to find a story from Cyborg's perspective, and of those, many authors mess up his voice. Cyborg isn't even one of my favorite characters, but I really like the voice you gave him in this story. It was humorous, and, I thought, perfect for him.

As usual, you do a perfect job of capturing the relationships between the various Titans, from the way they all struggle to figure out Beast Boy said during the "Beast Boy Pause" (lol) to the way Robin and Cyborg glance at each other to decide who's going to get Raven and who's going to protect Beast Boy. I also love the interaction between Cyborg and Raven in the basement, how he knows to let her get to her point in her own time, and how she knows exactly which movie spoke to him. I love getting to see these sides of the characters that we don't often get to see.

Great story!
Hatter and Hare Productions chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Dear Cylor,

Yeah, I totally almost broke down at A.I. Can't make a much sadder story than that. Anyway, lovely one-shot. I like how you performed the characterizations, it was extremely true. Even when they got angry it was for legitimate reasons that fit their characters. I especially like the core of the story, to see something so beautiful, so touching, it just makes you cry.

Sincerely Mad,
The Marvelous March Hare
NeonYellowNinja chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
i swear THIS fanfiction is such a tear jerker,i cried for like 2 minutes! keep up the freaking awesome work and i cant wait to see what u write next:)
Elivra26 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
You are SO right about A.I... That is one movie I just cannot watch again, just because it's so... beautiful. Raven totally makes sense. And yes, I'm a Terra-hater, stereotypically speaking, so I loved this story. Brilliant job!
MLEetc chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Love this fic! Omgsh.
Merucha chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Artificial Intelligence WAS a beautiful movie! I don't blame Cy for crying...
Iggyfing chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I remember the first time I saw Return of the King. I started crying at Theoden's death and didn't stop until the credits were rolling. I think I cried at A. I., too. All I really remember is feeling terribly depressed by it.

The movies you picked to make each character cry were perfect. I've never seen Titanic, though, but I know of its reputation to make most girls and women bawl their eyes out.
snowman1989 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
You've proven yourself time and again that you are quite the talented writer. I can't imagine the planning you have to go through to get it all just right. I'm impressed.

Can't say I've ever watched A.I., I'll have to rent a copy out now and see what the hoopla is.
xxAwesomeLucyxx chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Man, now I want to go watch that movie now, even though to description just made me want to cry right now.
Paramore7 chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow...That was absolutely phenomenal. I'm struggled to think fo anything to critique you on so, I guess I'll just say that your story was amazing and leave it at that. Wow.