Reviews for Politics As Usual
sparklyscrunchies chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Lol, hilarious way of expressing your point. I have to say that I don't fully agree with it, though. In general, I would agree that people shouldn't go out of their way to have TT stories be political or turn the stories into propaganda. But it annoys me when people accuse others of trying to make something about "politics" when, although it may be something the politicians fight over, it's really a moral issue. Such people might dismiss a point that someone is trying to make on the grounds that it's "just playing politics," or they might accuse the person of trying to pick an unnecessary fight over something unimportant. I think that politics are fundamentally about morals, and morals are something worth fighting for (and writing about). I think that, whatever a writer's morals, they will show in whatever they write. Even if a story isn't meant to be "political," the values that underlie a certain political persuasion might shine through, and that's not a bad thing. So even if a story isn't trying to be "political," it might be labeled that way by someone who disagrees with the values behind the "politics." I would disagree that that kind of story shouldn't exist. I don't know if I'm really saying this right. Anyway, like I said in my other review, I'm just trying to go back and leave a review for all your stories that I read before but didn't review. So here you go.
Ribke chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Amen to that, my friend. And that's as religious as people should get in any comment 8P
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Yeah, I'll go with that. Politics was never really discussed in the cartoon (or the original comic series, for that matter - not that I noticed) and it being such a divisive issue, basically has no place in fan-fiction.
The Wakka Man chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
*snrk* Short, sweet and to the point. Heh heh.
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
lol. Hilarious!
titanfan45 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Once again, I agree with you.
Tari Silmarwen chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Ha ha, short and sweet and completely true.
JaspersLilRed chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Nice
Star of Airdrie chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
hysterical - they can save the world, live on their own unsupervised but they are still too young to vote!

LJ
Mrs Maxim de Winter chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
This made me LOL. I agree wholeheartedly.
myheroisbatman chapter 1 . 7/24/2009