Reviews for Something Different
Gold chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
This was tremendously fun to read. I absolutely loved the characterisation of Gakuto, who is direct and truthful, IMHO. I liked the slow burn that Oshitari went through, and Gakuto's brightness that shone in this story.
someonex3 chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Okay, I know this might be late, I mean, after five years and stuff, and you might not even read this, but:

This is so frickin' cute! Oh my gosh.
I just love how Yuushi starts to change slowly over the time and at the end he is really like a different person- just because of Gakuto. Very adorable.
And I think this scene where he was "making out" with his girl and everything just felt wrong had a very great impact.. as most of this story, really. I love it..

.. And because I'm stupid like that, I still somehow hope that there's gonna be a sequel. I just really want them to end up together, even though this end was fine at it is '

someonex3
yeses chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
aaahh i love this portrayal of yuushi and gakuto. Often I read Yuushi as the cunning genius and Gakuto the child. It's a pleasure to read Yuushi so unsure, and being slowly changed by Gakuto.
The runt Duchess chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
aww man...are you sure you're not a published and highly lauded authoress? this was AMAZING! The ending left me feeling all fluttery inside, all dreamy-eyed and going 'awww!' at the same time...sigh. This is utterly brilliant. You truly know how to play people's emotions through the written word...thank you for writing this amazing piece. :)
...on another note, yay! This is my second Gakuto-Oshitari fic (actually my first, cuz the other times I've read them as a couple they were side-pairings, and in the amazingly amazing Suteishichic's Learning to Fall series, so this is the first I read after I deliberately looked for a Gakuto-Oshitari fic) and...well, now I want to read more...though I am a bit bothered-read:nervous-about whether I'll like Gakuto portrayed as a slut, as you mentioned earlier...WAH! PLEASE DON'T! T.T I like him!
...
okok, over and out! -
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Gorgeous!extremely well written.. You rock lady!
Kimihearts chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Great fic! Awww kinda wished they at least kissed though.
Tessa E Harrison chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I have goosebumps on my arms from this. I want to say so many things but each time I try, I draw a blank.

Gah, you're making me miss my Yuushi...
Boldwyr Intimidator chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I just love the way this is written, srsly. :D It's long and well-planned and it's funny in a subtle way that just makes me love it even more. And I love how Mukahi is so oblivious and all, and when Yuushi asked him out and he replied, saying that he played Monster Hunter, I just had to laugh. xD And Yuushi being such a girl and changing his clothes a lot just to look perfect. XDD

YOU. keep this up. Anduhasequelwouldn'thurt. ;
Free of Mundane Thoughts chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
That. Was. Adorable. 3

It didn't actually lead to anything, but it was still amazing. Gakuto really isn't a brat, he just speaks his mind really, really bluntly... ; But he is quite lovable. :D Yuushi really is a stud, though. ; I mean, how can he not be? He's just... Yuushi. 3

This made me extremely happy for reasons I'm not sure of myself. It's just like a great big bubble of happiness and it's so amazing it's just unbelievable.

I loved... everything. There isn't anything in this story I have a complaint or question about. It's just simply perfect. Beautiful pairing, beautiful plot, beautiful descriptions and beautiful story. Hope to read more in this fandom from you~
Feyren chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
I love this, genuinely love this, and I don't say that much. The story was sweet and touching, and even though I usually dislike the playboy image of Yuushi, you portray him amazingly well. The story itself is wonderfully written; the ending was spectacular as well, with the "'Gakuto, I love you,' would have sufficed, but not yet, not yet." The structure of the stry and its general themes are well conveyed, as well as vivid imagery.

I really hope you'll consider writing more for OshiGaku. Poor Gakuto doesn't get enough love on the fandom, and you write really well.
valeria chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
LOVE IT~!
wwpao chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Oh I love long one-shots!

I LOVE YOUR GAKUTO. Or just that kind of characterization of Gakuto in general. Usually it's hard for me to find an Oshitari/Gakuto story that I really like because I really don't like it when Gakuto is too slutty or too bratty. So I'm really glad that this Gakuto is different from the typical fandom stereotype.

I really like the way you've built their relationship too. Oshitari's original intentions for getting close to Gakuto, Gakuto's attitude to Oshitari's charm. I enjoyed the parts where Gakuto spoke honestly about his opinion on Oshitari's tastes (book genres, his sexcapades). And especially the last few scenes in the theme park.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Not a pairing I usually read, but it was quite sweet and strangely satisfying, even with the indefinite ending.
yesnomaybeso chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
WOW this is beautiful.

I love long one-shots exploring relationships, I really do. This is fantastic :)

~GR
Gillii-Akujacku chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
That was so sweet, and it's refreshing to see a softer portrayal of Gakuto. A very nice read indeed.