Reviews for A Silent Protest
lyonfalenasyahoo.com chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
This is nice as you manage to keep the politics straight without devolving into the all too easy personification as Russia is either evil without redemption or just a victim. Everyone you detail has some degree of complexity despite the relative shortness of the piece as a whole.

I did like the interaction between Finland and Estonia. I did notice while in Tallinn that there were a surprising number of Finns, all of whom came for the dirt cheap booze. But you have them tease one another like good friends often do.

The only critique I have is in the dialogue as it, while grammatically correct, is a little stiff in places. To a native English speaker it comes a little cumbersome. Obviously for an Estonian English is a second (or third) language, so it is understandable, but something to consider in fiction writing. Watching modern movies or television is great for developing an ear for how we speak.

This is a nice little story and welcomed given how few fics try to make a solid point.
PianoIsLove chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
This is amazing! I'm Finnish-American, so I love anything that involves the Finno-Ugrics. :D The FinnAir reference was brilliant! Thank you so much. :D
R.C chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
OMG nii täiega meeldis lugu. Jumala hästi kirjutaud, kõik Eesti tänapäeva probleemid vä FIC OF EDUARD EVER. LOTS OF LOVE
silvergirl1000 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Homg, is it really true that I haven't read this fic yet? I was like, 'Whoa! Time to read! ...oh shiz! So good!'

You know, I wanted to make a fic of that gas pipe issue too, but I guess you beat me to it XDD

And Eduard... ngh, SO IN-CHARACTER! *dies* Everyone were actually IC :3 I especially love England now! XD

Am, mõned kirja vead, aga muidu kõik korras :D

Oh, ja miks Ilves ära kõndis sealt? *pole kuulnud sellest* Sama probleem mis siin ve?

Anyway, moar please! 8D You win 90 loves for this! EDUARD FTW! X3
marta madzia chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
I really like this fanfic :) It's really good and I think I will print it just to be able to read it few more times when I'll be off-line :P It is one of my favourite stories with Eduard :)

och... and I love few final sentences xD
WhiteFrost chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
That was cool! I remember all that commotion about the statue. Eduard/Estonia needs more attention!
PersianLady chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
hahahahahaha! oh dear, who cannot forget these news about this statue monument? oh my, I love this story! D
SonChin chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Oh yes Estoniaa

I think it's great you wrote about the statue issue. What I think is that Russia doesn't have the right to tell Estonia what to do, they're independent, for God's sake! (Plus, they just moved the statue. It's not like they blew it up..)

(Is it really so? That when Finns say 'Viro', it instantly reminds you of the booze? Aga minule Eesti on Eesti :) )

I like this kind of Estonia :D