Reviews for Attention
malini85 chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
Awww ur killing me here.. But I love u n this is perfect n its amazing that I can still read lil bits from foundation... Even tho its over.. Muaaaah
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
wish you'd write a fic where marley finds his perfect match...
TheCauldron chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
Awww, poor Marley! He's a prat, but I'd love him to meet someone.
femme fragile chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
oh, i like marley.

that he is so proud of himself, his hair and everything and still so amiable. (really similar to the sympathetic narcissism of your sirius as remarked in the previous review.)

he such a charming poncy wizard. i like the way he dresses. so much. and how the style of everyone else is so important to him, except harry's. that such a fashion person doesn't care what his crush is wearing, because harry seems so dangerous and hot to him. great.

i just love how you describe marley's thing for dangerous guys - you capture it just perfect and dizzying.

"But the point is, Draco doesn't look like someone who'd walk away from slaying some fearsome beast or saving the world singlehandedly, and dead casual-like, throw you down and shag you into the muddy ground. He just isn't that sort of person.
Harry Potter, however, looks exactly like that sort of person. Marley thinks he always manages to look like he's just come from a fight, and like he's just looking around for the next one."

- yep - that's it.

marleys thoughts about his mother are unbelievable funny, rich and laconic. her advise:
'Modesty is for people without talent." - wow. that's a great motto :)

i love the way marley tries to convince himself, that he is not so much into harry and then he is so moved by DRARRY together, that he has to smoke for the first time in years; such a basic physical reaction, a perfect displacement activity, like the unconscious eating before too .

besides all the wonderful details and layers of this oneshot and the ever so charming marley, your draco and your harry from an outsiders POV are incredible moving.

for once without the big drama and just so casual together and still so passionately drawn to each other, this is especially touching. the gestures marley recognises... and the way harry gazes at draco, when he isn't looking and how marley feels about it is stunning.
and how beautiful marley finds them together and how sympathetic and positive he feels about draco.

in short i really loved this piece - nothing is overdone, everything flows just perfectly fluffy-funny and is still deeply touching.
Ren chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
It's odd: when (like Harry) I suspected he had slept with Draco in rehab and still harboured feelings for him, I hated Marley with an absolute passion...yet the very instant he admitted to fancying Harry, I began adoring him to pieces. Oh, this just makes me so terribly sad. He really does remind me of Sirius, and the way you've written that balance between Marley's narcissism and his charm is just fantastic, as it was throughout your portrayal of Sirius in Want. I loved this chance to get inside Marley's head, so thank you very much for that (although, in *my* head, I rather think I'll imagine that he'll end up with somebody appropriately brooding and dark and dangerous and whatever else makes him happy). Thanks again; I really did enjoy this.
cloudwisp chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
'They're both insane, it seems.' Hahaa, Brilliant.
The.Dragonfly.Lover chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
I loved getting to know Marley like this…what a fascinating character he is…!
velleities chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Hello, there. I've just finished "Foundations," and I now have the gleeful pleasure of being able to read all of your Foundations-verse one-shots. It'll be a miracle if I'm not up all night reading. Not that I resent that at all-it's just, I may be ever-so-slightly addicted to your writing, and therefore unable to stop reading it during the late hours of the night. Or the early hours of the morning, depending on how you’d like to look at it.

I have to admit, I wasn’t a huge fan of Marley at first, mainly because some authors have the tendency to split up relationships midway through the story, which usually results in me wallowing in sadness about broken relationships for the rest of the time until the pair gets back together. However, I really, really liked him by the end of the story. In fact, during chapter eleven, I was hardly averse to the idea of a little Harry/Marley one-shot. ;D Hence my enthusiasm upon reading this. I think the phrase “he hasn't ever had the longest attention span in the world, or in most rooms, come to that” was probably my favourite part. I love how he and Evil Peacock get along, too. Figures that Marley would be the exception to Evil Peacock’s rampages. Anyway, loved it, per usual. Pera gratia (I suppose you've heard that one a lot already, but humour me, yes?).
WOWZAcoolBEANS chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Very cute, kind of sad. I still like Marley. Not much else to say. Beautifully written as per the usual. Great job. :)
AvidReaderBz chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Your friend Jess and I don't agree. Marley is irritating, self-obsessed and an absolute pain. Even when he's the protagonist I can't stand him!

Bleurgh!

Writing is still good though :)

bz x
lavishone chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Ah, one almost feels sorry for Marley. But there is only one "Wonder Boy"...and he's Draco's!
ceres51892 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Poor Mephisto. I couldn't help but feel sad for him during this, you know. I do hope he does find someone of his own.

And you know, oddly, you have made me come to like the name Mephisto. *laughs* Which is really disturbing since I read the origins of it, ish. Huh.

-Ri
Tondayala Cherise Dupre chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Damn. Damn. I was very, very, very resolutely not in love with Marley. I was trying so hard. I got through all of Foundations being alternately thoroughly irritated and adoring towards him, read "Reading the Prophet" and smiled, and then this...

And I was totally fucking lost.

It was simply marvelous.
Will.Hell.Minna.-Sophia Isobel chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
yes, they are perfect.. _
venis-envy chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Sometimes I seem to take too many distracting detours on my way from point A to point B. But, even though I have the attention span of a may fly (or a Marley), I still get where I'm going...eventually.

So, here I am. Someone mentioned re-reading this the other day and I did a little *facepalm* because I realized I hadn't read it yet at all.

I absolutely loved this. The way you describe Harry & Draco's love for each other even through another character's perspective is still perfect. The little brushes of fingertips, casual glances, Harry looking at Draco as if he'd die without him - but only when Draco isn't looking. So perfect. As I dig deeper into his fandom, looking for good reads and hidden (or just buried) treasures, I always find myself missing these Foundations!verse boys way too much. It was nice to come back.

I can't even tell you how much I loved this part, too:

He wonders just how Irish he's going to have to get in order to persuade her to leave him alone.

Bwahaha! Priceless.