Reviews for Nocturne
Maryz chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
I enjoyed this very much.

I do hope Minerva and Artemis work out their issues and get together in healthy relationship, rather than one of mutual need to forget. Because as much as I like Captain Holly Short, I like the POTENTIAL between Minerva and Artemis more.

You write here with some very heavy themes, escapism and chronic self-pity and regret, but you don't push your reader into it, its very organic, natural.

The impact on Minerva when she sees Holly's eyes is described so subtly yet with such weight to it... Well done.

Artemis' reaction in the morning would be interesting to read.

I think Both Minerva and Artemis and Holly need a bit of a push in the right direction to heal. For Minerva the Mesmer to get some sleep and be happy might be the start. As it is, this writing is well contained in it's length, but I would like it very much if you wrote more in this setting. Quality fanfics are rare to come across after all.
Evil Dream chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Beautifully written.
August Songs chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Gorgeous writing; love the metaphors. I cannot resist Minartemis and this is so well-written that I can't help myself.
Seraphina Russel chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
OMG! You are truly an amazing writer. This is the best one I've found. Sad and beautiful. I want to write like that…
bells-mannequin chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
thats a wonderful story. I like the way you portray Minerva and Artemis-and in the end, even Holly.

Thank you for this terrific fanfic :)
Bibliolympian chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Gah... I love this! One of the best Artemis Fowl fics I've read.
Whit3 ros3 bud chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Beautifully written, though if from an odd angle.
HappyGoMe chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
really beautiful
hypothetic nerd chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
very well written. i love minerva. i love everything. really engaging, and i really hope you write more! :)

~mel
Indochine chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
It's the first time I read a Minerva who is kind of... gentle. In your story she isn't the spoiled child, the unbearable girl, who acts like a fan-girl. She's all grown up in your story, and I found that quite good.

I'm more into Artemis/Holly, and your story did make sense when I read it. I found it good and well-written!

Good job!
xMunchy chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
OMGOMGOMGOMG! I LOVE IT! Oh, how I wish there is a second chapter!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Well now! I liked this, even for its odd fan fiction-y tone. A very interesting portrait of Minerva, indeed. I like the way you handle the effect of the three years, and the kind of guilt that she copes with. It makes sense for this to extend past their return. I also really like the chemistry between Minerva and Artemis, an imbalance where Artemis really understands much, much more than she does (about his experiences and the fairies). I like that here, Minerva doesn't press him for more information because she feels she is not entitled to it. The way they come together - so perfect. I love the lines where she 'shapes her apologies against his mouth'. So good! I also loved the image of Artemis, hands in his hair, working over theorems interspersed with poetry. Oh! And Minerva's description of Artemis standing, staring out the window - it reminded me of The Great Gatsby. Fabulous. Her conversation with Holly was very interesting. I like how they relate, with none of the familiarity of Artemis among fairies. But definitely best of all was the ending - the unexpected flashback was most welcome. I love the relationship between Butler and Minerva! That moment with them skipping stones. . . A new start. So good!
SnowAngel5683 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
What is it they do anyways? i don't get it? can you explain please?
Lli chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Hmm, I read this a few weeks ago and I thought I reviewed... evidently not. However! a few weeks later, this story is still awesome! I like the end dream sequence, so wonderfully not overdone. And your writing style is very, well, stylish. All in all, a real treat.
Vanessa chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Very, very good. I like how Minerva's emotions are played out, and her relationship/exchanges with Artemis, Butler, and Holly are very genuine... and subtle (I guess, not sure if subtle is the right word). The story is well-written and engaging.

I guess one criticism is that this story is a little dark... although we are dealing with 15-year old kids filled to the brim with hormones, so the angst is understandable :)

What a pleasure to read, I can't wait for more from you!