Reviews for Nocturne
misty the grey kitten chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Beautifully written.
August Songs chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Gorgeous writing; love the metaphors. I cannot resist Minartemis and this is so well-written that I can't help myself.
Seraphina Russel chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
OMG! You are truly an amazing writer. This is the best one I've found. Sad and beautiful. I want to write like that…
bells-mannequin chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
thats a wonderful story. I like the way you portray Minerva and Artemis-and in the end, even Holly.

Thank you for this terrific fanfic :)
Bibliolympian chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Gah... I love this! One of the best Artemis Fowl fics I've read.
Whit3 ros3 bud chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Beautifully written, though if from an odd angle.
HappyGoMe chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
really beautiful
hypothetic nerd chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
very well written. i love minerva. i love everything. really engaging, and i really hope you write more! :)

mel
Indochine chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
It's the first time I read a Minerva who is kind of... gentle. In your story she isn't the spoiled child, the unbearable girl, who acts like a fan-girl. She's all grown up in your story, and I found that quite good.

I'm more into Artemis/Holly, and your story did make sense when I read it. I found it good and well-written!

Good job!
xMunchy chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
OMGOMGOMGOMG! I LOVE IT! Oh, how I wish there is a second chapter!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Well now! I liked this, even for its odd fan fiction-y tone. A very interesting portrait of Minerva, indeed. I like the way you handle the effect of the three years, and the kind of guilt that she copes with. It makes sense for this to extend past their return. I also really like the chemistry between Minerva and Artemis, an imbalance where Artemis really understands much, much more than she does (about his experiences and the fairies). I like that here, Minerva doesn't press him for more information because she feels she is not entitled to it. The way they come together - so perfect. I love the lines where she 'shapes her apologies against his mouth'. So good! I also loved the image of Artemis, hands in his hair, working over theorems interspersed with poetry. Oh! And Minerva's description of Artemis standing, staring out the window - it reminded me of The Great Gatsby. Fabulous. Her conversation with Holly was very interesting. I like how they relate, with none of the familiarity of Artemis among fairies. But definitely best of all was the ending - the unexpected flashback was most welcome. I love the relationship between Butler and Minerva! That moment with them skipping stones. . . A new start. So good!
SnowAngel5683 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
What is it they do anyways? i don't get it? can you explain please?
Lli chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Hmm, I read this a few weeks ago and I thought I reviewed... evidently not. However! a few weeks later, this story is still awesome! I like the end dream sequence, so wonderfully not overdone. And your writing style is very, well, stylish. All in all, a real treat.
Vanessa chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Very, very good. I like how Minerva's emotions are played out, and her relationship/exchanges with Artemis, Butler, and Holly are very genuine... and subtle (I guess, not sure if subtle is the right word). The story is well-written and engaging.

I guess one criticism is that this story is a little dark... although we are dealing with 15-year old kids filled to the brim with hormones, so the angst is understandable :)

What a pleasure to read, I can't wait for more from you!
heart of clay chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
This was wonderfully powerful. I wish there were more stories like this where Minerva wasn't a whiny teenage girl. Absolutely amazing.