Reviews for The Cat and the Mink
FlameofSwords chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
Well, that was rather interesting. Perhaps that's why, compared to Beat, Shiki just used her own stuffed animal to penetrate the Noise. Because she could make them move...and now thinking back to that conversation of when Neku asked if she could've gotten something more useful, like a pipe, perhaps it was because she didn't know how to imprint her Soul into it. And if Joshua was speaking the truth here, well she probably could've used just about anything in the UG she could've gotten her hands on.

But this is Joshua informing her now because it benefits him. Last time, she didn't need to know because her just being able to control Mr. Mew was enough to get Neku through the stages of the game that he needed to be in for his plan to work. And it did, and that was all he cared about. Now he needs someone to help him and be Conductor. So she needed to know about it. And she found out. Perhaps she'll make us of it, perhaps she won't. It just all depends on how Joshua decides to "trick" Shiki, in a sense, and how Shiki decides on what Joshua really meant.

And I absolutely loved the part where Shiki was freaking out over Joshua sleeping on her bed XD Of course he was just playing...though I wonder what he was thinking. Probably wanted to see if Shiki would answer if she thought he couldn't listen? Maybe. Another thing I liked is when Joshua mentions that she could control a spoon, and then questions why she would want to do that. That line was absolutely priceless. Shiki's somewhat sassy response to it was also perfect. Now why don't most people realize that these things are their imagination? Anyways, this was a wonderful piece and I enjoyed it. Bye!
Amulet Misty chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
I think I read this before but never dropped a review! (Rude of me, I'm sorry).

I really enjoyed this fic. Shiki as the Conductor...that's a really creative idea there. I think it would be pretty interesting to see how that would actually turn out. I like how you left it as an idea or a 'what if' kind of thing by the end of this fic. It was quite fitting with the way you wrote it.

I think I'll take Joshua as half-sincere half-Composer objective, he seems to be the type who doesn't have a problem with mixing both xD
Alyss Penedo chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
That...was...wow. Just, wow. Ther are so many Neku-as-Conductor pieces and even a few reaper!Shiki ones, but this is the first time I've even THOUGHT about a Conductor!Shiki, even though it makes so much SENSE.

I repeat, wow...
obsidian chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
omg this is awesome!

will you continue?

joshiki all the way~ :D
teacupz chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
nice description you have... :)

and yes, I think the idea is great too... hm, Mr. Mew is one of a kind doll after all... XD

keep writting~
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
This story was awesome, you know it! I liked the detail, and you did Joshua really well.
Azalee chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Ooh, very interesting ! I really like the idea of Shiki giving life to objects and how you explained Joshua's interest in her. Very believable, although you could have adressed why he doesn't seem to think of asking Neku to be his Conductor, since Neku is even more powerful than Shiki. (The explanation could just be that Neku would try to bite Josh' head off or something like it though...)

The little hints of Neku/Shiki were pretty cute, the way Shiki reacted when she thought Josh was asking her out was so in character and put a grin on my face. Lovely fic :D
James Firebrand chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Hey there! And for the record if there is some rule out there that those who beta can't review I'll NUKE IT! XD

Truth be told I still feel like an idiot over the e-mail thing. I mean, c'mon, who else BESIDES you could've written a story like this. As soon as I figured out that this was a story that was A. Awesome and B. TOTALLY different from the mainstrem I should've been able to tell who it was. But oh well, it makes for a funny story at least and now anyone who reads this will be extremely confused! XD

At any rate, an AWESOME story and keep up the good work! (Or else...XD)
Dogfancy chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
very interesting, i always thought that shiki was one that would have a colorful and powerful imagination. i could see her having as much influence as sanae if she decided to be a conductor or reaper or whatever

love the story, very nice :3
Spicy Tuna roll chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Hehe n_n That made my day for reasons that I just can't explain...

That was well written!
ToonyTwilight chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I loved this! I hope you do more!