Reviews for The Way Home
NinthFeather chapter 15 . 6/15
I owe you a review for this, and I keep forgetting to leave it. Happy 10th anniversary to your fic! I was so happy at the inclusion of Jii, and the interaction between him and Kurou was painful in the best possible way. Particularly that last line from Jii-"I've no doubt the young master could kill me six different ways with only his soup thermos, but I don't believe he will." That's powerful, and Jii in a nutshell, and enough to make me think that Kurou has a chance at recovering something of his life here, but also, *ouch.* The ongoing character development with Kaito-that is, him working on his tendency to overextend himself to the point of injury-is wonderful, and I love how steady and incremental it's been through the whole series. It feels realistic this way, even if I'm sure Hakuba would prefer Kaito to move a bit faster toward normal self-preservation instincts. The writing and characterization are ever beautiful, and this series remains one of my favorites in the fandom. Thank you for updating.
vampireharry the 2 chapter 15 . 6/12
Another excellent chapter! Keep up the great work!
bobbyneko chapter 15 . 6/10
Dark and intense. I love it.
Happerry chapter 15 . 6/9
All I can say is that I'm really glad this has been updated again, and I really really hope it doesn't take until the 20th anniversary to get more of this great story. _
YumeTakato chapter 15 . 6/8
I really enjoyed it. It came out just in time for the newest KH trailer's too. XD See you next time!
Mists chapter 15 . 6/8
Yay! Can't wait to see if they get home now! Hope it hasn't been too long. It will be really interesting to see how Aoko and the others react to how close Saguru and Kaito have become. Think you'll do another sequel once KH3 comes out? I'm sure what ever you decide to do next will be great. Wonderful job as always. Looking forward to more!
kdm13 chapter 15 . 6/8
I'm just gonna lay on this for a while. Yup. So glad you managed to get something up. Especially since there are so many giggle moments in it, mixed in with angsty stuff. Just how I like it.
Topazled Hannah chapter 15 . 6/8
Holy, has it really been 10 years? I found Promenade back at chapter 3 I believe. Wow... You've come so far! Thank you for never abandoning your story. I always get so excited when it updates, then end up rereading from the beginning of Promenade because I love both stories so much. As always, i can't wait to see how everything wraps up.

I'm so happy to see things are looking up for Kurou though, poor kid needed the break. Also that Kaito's trap merely incapacitated Vermouth, and didn't kill her or make her insane. It looks like things are wrapping up here, and maybe they can finally get home? I can see both Kaito and Saguru crashing for a few days when they get back. Hopefully it hasn't been too long back home.

Your loyal fan,
TopazledHannah
sandrilenefatoren2 chapter 15 . 6/8
SQUEEEE!

I'm so excited to see another chapter of this.
Preemtive Karma chapter 15 . 6/8
Wow, ten years? Here's to you! *raises glass for a toast*
Choas Babe chapter 15 . 6/8
*excited squealing* *random flails* The boys are back in town! And protective Saguru is protective. And here's to hoping that Kaito can get through one world without spilling the world hopping secret. I wonder how many voices in his head Kaito is going to get. Or if there is an entity drawing him ever closer to the Dark. Or the Wilder Shadows. I can't wait!
donahermurphy chapter 15 . 6/8
Yay! So glad you updated. Jii is wonderful here, and I really like how you portray a) Kaito being slow to change, even though he's trying, and b) Kaito's understandable Vermouth-related trauma.
Choas Babe chapter 14 . 5/14
Ooohhhh! I found this on AO3, didn't realize you were here or had more! Yay! And, did not think I'd say this, but poor Kuro. But the Inspector was pretty awesome. "We need to discuss the precise definition of 'not well.'" And all I could think was that the Inspector and maybe Kudo just gained a protective, paranoid, lethal guard dog for life.

Really, poor Kuro. I don't think Solomon's tea would have worked, it's not really a nightmare that he got to watch. Is there a Card that Kaito could use to fix Kudo's eyes, or is that just gone?

Hakuba with a breaking down Kaito is Not Impressed with the Inspector's failure to deal with Kuro's. I'm stalking this until your done now.
Luthiel1 chapter 14 . 5/3
When are you going to update again
WolfDaughter chapter 14 . 2/1
I hope life is treating you well and I'm sure you've been busy, but do you think we can nudge and poke these bunnies back into life? I'd dearly love to know what happens next.