Reviews for On The Outside
bandeapix chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
sweet and sour
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
You really do a great job of capturing the essence of these characters. My heart went out to Lancelot on the show and in your story although I'm an ardent Arwen fan.
ABVM chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
so sad for Lancelot. I liked the character on the show,to
Jadziwine chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
oh God, Lancelot broke my heart nearly every single time he was on the screen pining for her. and when he wasn't it was just his overall drifter kind of life while still being dreamy and wonderful that made me sad as hell, and then he frigging DIED TOO? OH GOD WHY! anyway its all of that made this even more poignant!

once again, gorgeously written and i know you're probably "SO OVER ARWEN" and this is like 4 years later, but i love it and i'm glad you wrote it!
Cherrytree007 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
That was soo heartwrenching

I got all teary-eyed

wonderful :D
Crazy-Dream chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I'm not usually a massive fan of Lancelot but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him in this, his and Merlin's friendship in this is also very sweet.
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
First, I admit to not being a fan of Lancelot but I can be honest enough that it is because of the threat he poses, however unintentionally. I sure hope you're right about where the show goes. I have a friend who says she'll be very upset if Gwen doesn't run off with Lancelot. Not because she has a preference to the pairing but because "that's now how it happened." I remind her that there are many variations of the legend but she insists that any other ending will ruin it. I hope they ruin away then because I cannot honestly see the Guinevere they've created for us in the universe they've built actually marrying Arthur and then running off with Lancelot. I can't see her leaving with him at all.

She won't even listen when I tell her the "noble" act Lancelot made by leaving wouldn't be so noble if he came back and took her away anyway.

Ah well. This was a good fic and makes me remember Lancelot isn't exactly evil. :D
alwaysadreamer963 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Ahh, you made me feel sorry for Lancelot! I do like him on the show though - but I do hope they do not follow the legends too closely. I cannot imagine this Gwen committing adultery, nor do I mind the whole love triangle thing but hope they do not take it too far. I too feel confident that this Gwen will make a choice and stick with it.

I like the way you have humanized Lancelots feelings and respect for Arthur and Gwen and Merlins concern for him. Very well written.
Pilargirl chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
that was really nice..
snlover10 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Hello!

Firstly, I would like to say I agree with your note at the beginning. I really can't see Gwen having an affair with Lancelot, she's being portrayed as a person with a heart of gold. While Lancelot too is too noble to do that sort of thing.

Next, I LOVE this! It's so sad, since I like the G/L pairing a lot, and I also feel Lancelot will basically end up loving Gwen from afar. That poor lad. Sigh. 2x04 was a brilliant episode by the way!

You should totally write more!
Muffin'sback chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Aw ;)
Jed52 chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Brilliantly written! I could just imagine the scene.

Very good dialogues too!
Oaktown fangirl chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
An excellent story-in so few words, you've created a masterful portrayal of Lancelot-both his love for Guinevere and his respect for Arthur as friend and king. I share your feelings about Lancelot as a character. Really nice job!
Nicole chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Love it. I hate the whole Guinevere commits adultery thing. so yes your triangle is so much better.