Reviews for Substitute Samurai
yuiyuki chapter 2 . 8/23/2014
AMAZING! Please continue..
wynnsy chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
Please continue this story! I'm excited to read more - especially when Ichigo finds out about her gender. I was pleasantly surprised that Rukia didn't cut her hair. Somehow, I don't think the Samurai's will be that angry if they found out she wasn't Sota if she proved her valor...or I could be wrong. I love feudal era AUs!
Imaginary Owls chapter 2 . 8/11/2010
When I found this I was like...This sounds like a Bleach fanfic with a little of Inuyasha thrown in with the feudal era tale thing. But then I began reading, it really reminded me of Mulan, but I love the story like and I think this is going to be a really cool fanfic! I cannot wait until chapter three! Please update soon.

~Yoru
phantom menace chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
Woot! Fantastic story line so far. I'm waiting for the next chapter!
ElfishScallywag chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Really like it! It has a lot of promise and I hope you continue it. Your writing's very good and I love the idea. You seem to be able to do good battle scenes, that's rather unique. I noticed only two mistakes, "viscous battle" when Rukia describes the men coming to get here should be 'vicious' as viscuous describes the thickness of a liquid :p. And somewhere near the end when Ichigo's talking about her being childish you have 'her' instead of 'here'. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out, trying to help :) Anyway, I love your story idea and am looking forward to more!
Kronnykrios chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Wow... 2 Chapters in and already its starting to become interesting!

As I know you irl, Rukias thoughts are exactly like you, which makes me grin that its rubbed off well in the story!

You have maintained the quality put about in Chapter 1, I very much enjoyed the crowd scene as it feels like the exact situation which would happen in a camp )

IchikRuki looks promising with this plot as it will have many twists and am very much looking forward to the next chapter, if your able to fix your writers block!

Ollie!
Kronnykrios chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Camilla! A wonderful chapter which will be the start of a amazing Fanfic!

The opening quote instantly sets the mood of the story, which really dragged me into it!

You have done a wonderful job with the introduction as it really sets the scene of what war causes even though children don't understand and builds the reality of what is happening well!

The decriptions of pretty much everything really is amazing, which I don't see to this outstanding level much in Fafics, along with the flashbacks of the perfect Kuchiki family in contrast to what is currently the situation really does bring out that nothing can last forever!

And your writing of suspense even if its just Rukia taking clothes is by far amazing!

Keep up the amazing work! 3 Will do chapter 2 shortly!

Ollie )
Shubhs chapter 2 . 8/13/2009
LOVE the story!Its AWESOME and it kinda reminds me of Mulan!XP XD XD
tulip in a dream chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
Im really liking this story! cant wait til the next one!
90MLLu chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
You are really a gifted FanFic-writer(v) I love this chapter very VERY much!

All the descriptions are so well written. The humour you brought to this chapter is just wonderful as well. Kenpachi's speech was sure funny, "…do what we say or I'll kill you... I wasn't joking." It's just like him to say something like that. And now that I'm talking about in characters I think you did a splendid job with Kenpachi, Rukia and Ichigo. Even though this happens in an Alternative Universe you have managed to let them be in character which I certainly appreciate. It's fun to read it.

Also I am keen on how you portray Rukia's thoughts which I forgot to mention in my last review

My favourite part(s) of your story is when Ichigo came along. Both when he helped Rukia and when he gave her his hat. I simply adore their interaction with each other.

So far your story is absolutely fantastic even though it is like 'Mulan' (guess I wasn't the first one to say that, huh?), however, that doesn't mean that it's not good. It's hard not to get ideas/inspiration from another medium so I'm not disappointed about this. On the contrary I am happy that you wrote this.

Yet again you have done a magnificent job writing chapter 2. I'll be looking forward to read chapter 3. Go you and keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you (v)
90MLLu chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I'm really astounded by this work of yours because it's really amazing. Every little single detail is nicely done and your description of the surroundings and the character is marvelous. The part where you describe Sato I thought it was seriously well written. And you say that this is your first FanFiction? WOW I'm impressed…

I really love the plot having Rukia going to war instead of Sato. It reminds me of 'Mulan' since she went to war against the Huns instead of her old father. Your story sort of reminded me how much I miss the story about Mulan So thank you for that. The way you began the story too was very good. I think it was an awesome way to begin the story. Furthermore the ending with Rukia's last line I love that very much because it was so emotional and it fits right in.

Overall a brilliant first chapter. I can't wait to read the next chapter which is already up(v)
Eitak-Katie chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
Cant wait till the next chapter!
StrawberryShinigami chapter 2 . 8/2/2009
love the story idea and the first two chapters. you are a very good writer and i'm really looking forward to your upcoming chapters. THe Rukia and Ichigo interaction was great and I loved how yuo portraded them while still IC.

Great story, I will definatly be keeping a look out for chapter three!
Chappy9 chapter 2 . 8/2/2009
Ah great D i love it ! xD This chapter was amazing too D I couldnt stop smiling while reading xD especially at the funny parts xD

Just when i started to miss ichigo ..he appeared! and in a great way too! D I love it x)

I liked it that ichigo put a hat on Rukia eventhough he thought shes a guy xD That kinda means hes attracted to her but not because shes a girl but rather of her appearance - or something like that

But that he kept his fingers on her so long was kinda wierd but i still love it ! keep up the great work ! :3

Ah but they already traveled for 2 days right ? so rukia never talked to anybody else in that time ? Did they never pause from their traveling? because somehow something was missing - or its just me

well cant wait for next chapter D cant wait for next week T.T
WiseTomato chapter 2 . 8/1/2009
interesting idea...first coupla chapters might've been a little introspective, but overall, pretty good. plot progression is good, you don't want to move too fast, but don't let yourself drone on about small things either.

grammar and punctuation was decent, only noticed one or two small errors. character interaction was good and kept in character, although it seemed a bit weird that Ichigo would tie a hat on for a bloke. if he knew it was a chick i could see it happening, but not for a guy...

keep up the good work, looking forward to the next chapter.