Reviews for Love Letter
AccioBourbon chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
How sad, but how beautifully written. If I have to cry a little, I'm glad it's your words that are responsible.

"Healing" has several connotations here. I want to believe his heart and his soul will heal with time, just as his skin is healing.

Many lovely and poignant images and passages:

"It felt nice – the touch – but it wasn’t the same and I was glad when she didn’t linger."

"They were a matched set. One could not exist without the other. They were meant to live and breathe together." My eyes filled here.

The list of lines he associates with memories, plans...

"With this ink wrapped around me like a blanket, I am comforted as I lie in bed at night. Everywhere I go, it’s almost as if I am not alone."

"It’s done now, as you intended, by today. Today, this day to celebrate. It is all healed, smooth, perfect..." The designs were planned for their 5th anniversary?

It was lovely how you bookended the story with a sensation of burning, then a description of fire. Canon themes.

"I don’t know what to believe anymore but if fire can take, I have to think it can give, as well. It’s only fair. I will leave it to bring my words to you." "It's only fair" really got to me. There is so much unfairness in what has happened.

And Legna's representing him, right? He won't do any time. She will see to that. :-)

Wonderful job. Thank you for writing it.
LaViePastiche chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Hai, you just made me cry again.

It's amazing how I can read it over and over and it STILL makes me feel like shit.

Good job, I guess. lol.

I want to talk about how hot inked up Jasper is but I can't because I am so sad for him. I have a hundred favorite parts but I really love that "date"... so sad and painful and awkward. I think that's the first time in the story where you really see and feel his pain. It's terrible :( (In a good way)

"I shivered when her fingers traced along my lower back. Her hands were cold. It felt nice – the touch – but it wasn’t the same and I was glad when she didn’t linger."

Sigh... you're so wonderful at subtly conveying very strong very heavy emotions. particular sadness, bc you are the devil and all...

Loneliness is one of those emotions that really gets to me. All the time. And his loneliness in this is palpable. I hate it. I hate it and I don't want anyone to be lonely like that, but especially not bb. ugh and Friday July 31 has my favorite line. The first time I read this I held on strong until this:

"I don’t know what to believe anymore but if fire can take, I have to think it can give, as well."

Beautiful - it really is a perfect little one shot - even if it rips my heart out.

3 It was my pleasure to get an early glance at it!
JAustenlover chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
*silence*

I. Can't. See. My. Screen.

Eyes too wet.

*sigh*

I am Emo to the tenth power.

A beautiful love letter.

For some reason, a sonnett by Elizabeth Barrett Browning popped into my head after I read this:

When our two souls stand up erect and strong,

Face to face, silent, drawing nigh and nigher,

Until the lengthening wings break into fire

At either curvèd point,—what bitter wrong

Can the earth do to us, that we should not long

Be here contented? Think. In mounting higher,

The angels would press on us and aspire

To drop some golden orb of perfect song

Into our deep, dear silence. Let us stay

Rather on earth, Belovèd,—where the unfit

Contrarious moods of men recoil away

And isolate pure spirits, and permit

A place to stand and love in for a day,

With darkness and the death-hour rounding it.

Thanks for the story, Elle.

3 you.

*air kisses*

JA
Legna989 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
God. Seriously. I've read this how many times now? And I sit here in Panera tearing up AGAIN over the Wednesday, July 29, 2009 entry. I could read that over and over again and it would make me cry every time.

So gorgeous, all of it.

Thank you for writing.
BaconButt chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
OMG... wow.
istandcorrected chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Solid gold. Wonderful. I'm glad this is a one shot, though the plot carries enough weight for a longer piece. I couldn't handle the heartfail.

Great piece.
TwilightMommyof4girls chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Good job! So sad, but well done!
obsessedmom chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
OMG you broke my heart and tears are in my eyes!
emavalexis chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
I'm in tears. Simply beautiful.
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7