Reviews for Fading Legends
Amadoni chapter 8 . 7/20/2008
God, this was so heart-wrenching. Beautiful.
LilyJames addict chapter 8 . 10/4/2006
sad and sweet. i felt rather depressed that legolas and aneana don't get to spend the rest of eternity togther in happiness... ah well
Cutting Edge chapter 8 . 3/1/2004
Fantastic...Amazing...Wonderful...Beautiful...I can't even begin to describe my thoughts on this comepletly gorgeous story...*sighs blissfully*
L chapter 8 . 2/10/2004
I think this is a beautiful story. It is simple, yet powerful because of it. I do not think it is anywhere near a Mary Sue, as perhaps some of your reviewers have said. Beautiful and haunting...well done.
ElfLover chapter 8 . 9/12/2003
I am sorry to say that this is probably the worst thing of yours that I have read. Sorry, but it's true. I do not think it has a good plot, or is even exciting. It's not bad, it's just not good.
Huinesoron chapter 8 . 8/26/2003
Nice. Not as good as some of your other works, but . . . nice.

One thing, though. Did you invent the name of the Blue Wizard? 'Cos I recall Alatar and Pallando (Sp?) being named as their Valinorean names in . . . somewhere. UT, possibly?

hS
Hiro-Kamajii chapter 8 . 7/15/2003
The romance was horrible. No call for it whatsoever. Aneana was almost a Mary-Sue. She isn't though, because of the thoughts that you started each chapter with.

Speaking of which, HOLY CRAP! All of that stuff about Middle Earth being less... that is what makes me love this story. High tragedy... There is nothing that I love more than fading legends, as you put, where the world has fallen from a higher state. I love how Legolas is the last elf, and how that is one of the most important points in the story. What was the line? ah, yes "My heart sings when he is near, and there is little song left in Middle-earth."

That is, without a doubt, the best line you've ever written. And it doesn't have to be romantic.

Plot was lacking though. You probably should have just given up on it and let it be fluff. Or else paid more attention to it.
Chilamala chapter 8 . 3/16/2003
*sniff* I *sniff* loved *sniff* this! I can't believe how amazing this story is! Good job! It was beautiful. I loved the relationship thing between Aneana and Legolas...it was a different sort of romance than most authors make Legolas go through. Awesome, awesome stuff. (*sniff*)
tineryn chapter 8 . 3/2/2003
Very nice. Extremely well written, and I have only one little complaint. the romance in teh end, however sweet, seemed a bit sudden and uncalled for. Their attraction was not at all hinted throughout the story.

ai, it was still some of the best prose I have seen on the site!

valar guide you,

gwyn
Nealii Folti chapter 8 . 2/7/2003
OMG! that was great! _ I'll be looking for more of ur LOTR stories!

ONëålïï FoltïO
Anonymous chapter 8 . 12/31/2002
The story is good overall, but it does have one flaw. The story has Arwen give her pendant to her daughter. Tolkien has her give it to Frodo to help deal with the recurring pain from those injuries that would never fully heal (The Morgul blade and Shelob's sting). Also, what happened to the other Blue Istari? The story mentions that three of the five were gone, but also states that this fallen Istari was the last. The idea is a very good one, however, and aside from the inconsistencies, the story is quite excellent.
Lea of Mirkwood chapter 8 . 12/27/2002
...and I didn't stop crying until the end. Beautiful. A bit short, but beautiful.
Lea of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
I'm crying just reading chapter one...
Estriel chapter 8 . 10/29/2002
We can not believe the sadness! I am sitting here at school with my friends and tears are in our eyes! I loooooove this, but it is so sad. In a hopeful kind of way. I love it.
Revia chapter 8 . 9/9/2002
Your story was beautiful!

Your picture of Middle-Earth after the departure of the elves was so perfect. It always made me sad thinking of the elves leaving middle-earth, and somehow your story caught the very feeling.

You kept Legolas and Gimli very true to their characters, and made Aneana fit into tTolkien's world so nicely.

Keep up the wonderful work- I, meanwhile, am going to check out the rest of your stories! *grin*

Congratulations on an amazing peice of work

Revia