Reviews for Only the Good Die Young
TeBlacks chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Good one! I think this was different from similar stories on one important key-point; you wrote about the loss Jack had in Alice and Steven which so many forget. But you didn't and I'm glad since it seems illogical that Jack cares more about Ianto than his flesh and blood. I think it's a tie in affection which you wrote.

Keep writing! You're good at it.
spikesmom chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Well done!
Ysaedda chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
That was beautiful... It's so Jack, especially the end.
ice-connoisseur chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Can I leave you a review? I could just tell you, but that would require the effort of opening my mouth and persauding you to listen. And I'm far more eloquent in writing.

Anyway. It was lovely. I'm jealous you picked up on the Only the Good Die Young idea before I did. There were several lines that might make it into the green book - the highest honour, as you know well.

Though I'm not sure what the world is coming to if you're writing serious fanfiction...
kelly-gyneth chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
You have Jack's heart-wrenching guilt down to the core.

'You'd forgotten, hadn't you? That these mortals die. How permanent their death is.'

So perfect. And it's so true; even though it hurts right now, in a few hundred years, he won't be crying over Ianto any more. Sometimes that's the worst part, though; knowing that they won't be the first thing you think about every morning anymore, until they're barely a passing thought.

Now to sound about ten years younger than I am: OH my gosh, I just want to give him a huge hug. D:
run.dog.run chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
brilliant, and really right on the point.

it's a point of better-than-cannon capture of this character, and a very fitting tribute to the tragedy and horror of it all. nothing trivialized, and unpretentious. instead you've gone and written the only wrap up that i personally could ever accept in regards to CoE and Jack as torchwood is now. introspective, and emotional... and a dryly accepting Jack. you honor the tragedy's, not just Ianto, or only the child, but all the collective tragedy. and the passive, sorrowful look into the future, the imaginings of a man used to forgetting...

maybe i've missed a few points, or gone into my own head with how i understand this, but that's what it does, yeah?

well done.
LookWhoWon chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wow. Thats. Wow. I didn't forgive RTD either I roleplay a Ianto... we found a longwinded way around his death. Why couldn't RTD DAMMIT
CSIGeekFan chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Very moving and heart breaking. Thanks for writing it.