Reviews for Unwell
digthewriter chapter 92 . 7/17
You can see why snarry ship is sinking, with misplaced plots like this one. Perhaps think things through before your 70% way into the story and then change things?
Ivy Peans chapter 80 . 1/18
Argh!... I'm k*lling the woman! F*ck!
Guest chapter 92 . 12/25/2020
Wow. This story is not anything like I normally read, but this is honestly one of my top 5 all time favorites. I went through every emotion reading it. Hopefully you will come back and finish! I saw there was a long gap before so I still have hope you will at least wrap it up as I would love to see where you intended to end it.
thewandcrafter chapter 92 . 6/14/2020
I know how a person can get stuck an not finish a fic. I'm guilty of that myself. I can only hope that you are well, and that life is going along as well as it can for you. If you're still with us, and can find the energy and time, I'd love to read more of this fic. Thanks for writing it.
Ana Guadalupe Go chapter 92 . 6/3/2020
¿Hola? ¿Aún ahí? Por favor :(
hi chapter 92 . 5/29/2020
please continue the story
itisjosie chapter 60 . 4/18/2020
Gik better be okay...
itisjosie chapter 55 . 4/18/2020
That was one powerful statement from Ginny. I can see why Severus became so emotional from it.
Animago chapter 45 . 4/17/2020
Agora falta mais quarenta e cinco capítulos, adoro tudo isso.
Quarenta e cinco capítulos de quebrar a mente e outros quarenta e cinco capítulos curando a mente.
Mouic chapter 92 . 3/10/2020
Hey !
I'm a French girl, and I read in English for a few weeks, so forgive me my vocabulary. I love your fiction, really. I hope you will finish this some day, and if you have other text available, I will enjoy read them !
Thanks for have write unwell
OctavCat chapter 1 . 1/27/2020
I’m so pissed the length review is so short.

You know what? Private message.
OctavCat chapter 92 . 1/27/2020
Oopsie there’s a length limit to the reviews... well, here’s the rest.

(Spoilers)

This story is so concrete that it makes us think. How Azkaban prisoners suffer too. How far can punishments go until it’s just cruel overkill against human beings: honestly even I had a difficult time to appreciate Lucius’ fate since we just don’t want to become a person able to put peoplelike Snapeinto slavery; that Lucius will be punished (he witnessed the near rape). But then it won’t be Lucius paying for accusing Snape, creating the slavery law, being a true unredeemed Death Eater, someone relishing in the suffering of others, maybe causing Andromeda’s death and erasing most of the evidence of Snape’s innocence as well as harassing himit’ll be a human wreck suffering worthlessly. How difficult it is to care for a troubled, battered man, how much of a life-long commitment it is.
OctavCat chapter 92 . 1/27/2020
(Spoilers)

Honestly among all of the reviews I don’t know what I can say more. I love your story so much, it is so close to the end and I’ve spent the best week of the month reading it. I swear it, I’m a slow reader, so it took me 5 days and 1 night in a row to read, I was so addicted to it. It made me cry, it also made me laugh, it was sometimes cute and sometimes so horrible I don’t know if I can read the, well, non-con chapters again; and it’s so, so mature and realistic, so imaginative and new, so unique.

I can tell this idea of a near-forced bound between Harry and Severus is recurrent in your works, but obviously Unwell is your Masterpiece. It’s not just Snape going through unspeakable trauma; it’s also his recovery and struggles and life-long scars, that make it so tragic.

I don’t know where you got those ideas of Weston, Konig, Baldur, the slavery spell, the accidental magic, Gik, the displacements until the end of the year, the Muggles finding a feral prisoner... I love this idea of Harry taking charge of Teddy, searching for Snape and always having a “Your princess is in another castle” situation; how much he matured. Snape’s mental breaking is so true, his resistance against Mering then his brainwashing, I hope you don’t know this by deep experiences. Or when Harry’s friends and professors gradually abandoned Snape, especially after his letter, wondering if the pain of bringing a lost cause back was worth it. Or Weston’s seemingly human perspectives, despite being one of the worst. The fact it takes insanely long for Snape to try and recover, and that sometimes he falls backeven then, he’s lucky because he was able through Occlumency to regain some of his pre-slavery personality. SPEW members’ reactions against Harry, because they don’t understand how his relationship with Snape is essential; everything can’t be ideal and Harry can’t just free Snape or force him not to act as a slave yet. They would force slaves to change radically while not taking psychology into account... As well as, indeed, the questions around this survivor/rescuer love: Is it pure? Is it genuine? Is it unethical? Is it Snape or Severus the Slave who wants this? Can Harry bear the wait?

I do think I have favourite chapters, here are some: Snape protecting the owl, then writing the letter (I was so shocked at his spelling, like the word “appriciate”, I geniunely thought he had lost itMcGonagall begging Snape to say dunderheads; Snape’s nightmarish tortures (I couldn’t tell if the people in it were real for a long time) and how much blur and disorientation you can feel through Severus’ eyes; the two or three chapters when Harry finds Snape and brings him back, as well as the dinner at the Burrow, or his lip-biting habit; his water phobia and how it started; when he sips the bowl for the first time; when Occlumency shields are brought down; when Harry rescued Snape from Mering, or just before, the discussion with Malfoy; the time when Severus pinched Teddy too because he didn’t want to bath that much; Snape’s Alone Time (wink wink), his breakdown and his discussion about rape to the new psychiatrist; when he starts to kiss Harry too; and his panic attacks, like the last one at the Spew meeting. I hope I’m not a bad person for loving it when Snape stuttersthough I know I’m hating the people/situation getting him like this.
Oh, and thank you for punishing more and more owners. The rats against Weston, the Expelliarmus against Mering, Konig’s flee... only Muller left now. Hopefully the 79 920 Galleons he gained through Snape will come back for Spew.

I do hope you’re still alive... and of course that you’ll bring some final chapters, even if it takes time for you to write them. It must have been so much work I’m so impressed. No wonder it took years, especially if you cared enough to write some of the first chapters again. I do think reading the last 5 chapters to get back into the story would be good, if you wish to continue. However the last 2 chapters bring so much elements too.

How long will the research against the spell be? How will the counter spell and eventual potions work? How will Spew members react if some slaves are killed or damaged? Will Spew gain even more popularity? How can Harry and Severus become the mascots for propaganda? Will the Ministry, the slave market and sympathizers try to break the movements down, and how? Will it accuse Spew of experiments on humans, of breaking the law, will they track members down and turn them into slaves or ruin funding parties, try to sell Snape away or threaten Teddy, sending more death threats, hate mail, harrasments even to Harry’s friends? Will they use brainwashed slaves to prove slavery is good and accepted? Will they try to say Harry is becoming involved in a Dark Organization whose sole goal is to use slaves and free Death Eaters and criminals against the Wizarding World, like Voldemort convinced Creatures to side with him? How will the heroes cope?

Will some Ministry members agree with Harry, will Kingsley help him, or even McGonagall at Hogwarts? Will Skeeter and The Prophet intervene in the story, or the Quibbler with Luna and Xenophile Lovegood? Can Harry and Ron prevent the attacks by becoming Aurors in the inner circles to access information like spies? Will Snape’s files serve into condemning the previous owners since they describe exactly what they did, and can it stay private so he won’t be humiliated? Or will he become a figure of torture/rape/slavery survivor among hundreds more, that less and less people will much dare to insult publicly if they don’t want to get bad stares? Will Snape be ever proven innocent, through the anti lying slave spell, proof of non use of Occlumency and Veritaserum, or even memories?

Will the Muggles intervene? If they do, will it be through assistance of Spew (for instance from the Queen) or refusal of uniting with the Wizarding World until they condemn such barbary? Will the Mullers be punished? Will Weston pay even more for his actions? Will Mering be condemned? If Death Eater slaves are breaking the rules, will more slaves resist and/or commit suicide (you know, like that war in Roman times with Spartacus I think)? Are there more people like Harry trying to save slaves? Will there be a little more cases of Obscurials? Will slavery be hidden or become clandestine? Will Witches and Wizards realize the punishment doesn’t work at all, that it’s inhuman revenge rather than justice and protection of the country? What place does Konig’s potion take in the story? Is there some kind of mafia organization behind the Ministry that will be more or less difficult to find and fight? Will anti-slavery movements reach other countries, how and at what extent? How would Spew announce that an anti slavery spell has bren created? In what state will Lucius get out of slavery (if he does) as well as Narcissa? How will Snape’s job work despite not knowing economics (since maths are not enough), and will people try to fire him? Will people be brought back to reason? Will Snape be able to defend himself, especially against the owners, and will his therapy as well as realistic trainings help him in case he’s in danger? What can he do to ease the trauma effects? Did he get any sexual disease by the way?

Are other species, like Elves, Veelas, Merepeople or even Goblins also victims of human slavery and will some side with Spew?
(Would you use runes as protection...? I like runes, rites and astronomy. They seem like difficult, ancient, forgotten magic. Maybe they have something to do with the spell... A good thing by the way, that the Malfoys’ heritage will fall back into Teddy’s hands. Fusioning the Potters, Blacks, Malfoys and maybe Princes fortunes would be incredible.)

And for now... what does Truly, Madly, Deeply mean? Is it a love reference...?
I’m sure my points of view and plot ideas are kind of narrow-minded and don’t take the same direction as the story, since they focus less on the romance and the family care, but I trust there would/will be more fluff between the two loving birds.

I’d pay for this book-long fanfiction. It’s worth it.

Just create a Patreon if you wish (though if you seriously do, do not say it’s about a Harry Potter work, instead, say it’s just for you, or else they’d say you’re illegally making profit out of the series).
If you do try to come back, would you post a message as a chapter then replace it, or signal it in your bio (unless you write some chapters in advance before posting)? It’d be great. It’s so close to the climax of the story...

Well, that was a long review in the end... I hope you liked it! In the meantime I’m going back to doodles and little comics about your story. Maybe I’ll come back for some more reviews and to post links for you for some gift drawings.
AlwaysASlytherin chapter 92 . 10/17/2019
This is an absolutely amazing story that I am totally enthralled with. I am sad to see that it has been so long since the story has been updated. I hope that you’re still alive :-) and I hope that you will eventually come back to finish the story. Until then as always thank you for sharing.
excessivelyperky chapter 92 . 6/30/2019
Well, Snape is still going to be a slave. And if Harry dies, he'll be sold again. Will Harry's friends take care of Snape, or decide he's too much work?

And will Teddy grow up learning he can order Snape around?

Slavery not only ruins the slaves, but the masters.
1,934 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »