Reviews for The Ashes of Iwo Jima
Confused I Am chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
This is a great story, although I did have problems with chapter 9. I don't get how the Americans would let a Japanese soldier go, that wouldn't have happened. Maybe capturing him and then him escaping would have been a better approach to this situation, as surely the Americans would have captured him and interrogated him, especially as the Japanese very rarely surrendered without killing themselves with a grenade. Other than that however, from what I've read so far, its a great story, and I will look out for more of your work.
DanielPatrick chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I love how the author relates Fukuda to any normal american. When americans ussually think of japan in world war 2, they think crazy. Fukuda is just a normal soldier. This is nice, im kinda hooked.
Anime Borat chapter 5 . 6/14/2010
Call of Duty 2 reference(Russian Mission 2: Demolition). :)
That's my Mango chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
This is a great story and I like it how you go back and fourth showing their point of view on the attack, or just a simple thing as blowing up a tank
unlock.your.heart chapter 13 . 8/23/2009
Wow, it was really good. I feel really bad for Aika.

unlock.your.heart chapter 12 . 8/22/2009
And thus ends Yoshi Fukuda.

It was really good.

unlock.your.heart chapter 11 . 8/22/2009
Aw, Fukuda is going to be a/is father. Sigh, I know whats coming.

Its really good as always.

unlock.your.heart chapter 10 . 8/22/2009
As always, your story is amazingly awesome. I wish I could write fighting and such half as well as you can.

bronzeraven chapter 9 . 8/19/2009
Yay Riles!

Great work. I love your descriptions and the vivid images they make - you have lots of great words that really don't get used enough. And of course the use of military slang adds to the depth and realness of the story. Details like the spent shell casings from the machine gun in the bunker really add to the experience.

Nice job with the combat scenes. Not always easy to negotiate, but I really like the way it flows smoothly from one point of view to the other. If you wanted you could add in some formatting to make the POV shifts clearer, but there's no real issue with it the way it is. Also, the contrast of the combat with the softer, more emotional scenes is well done. The letter from Mike's mom, Fukuda's watch and Clark's picture were all great little moments.

Keep it up :D

unlock.your.heart chapter 9 . 8/6/2009
Poor Fukuda, although I like Mike, I really hope that Fukuda gets vengeance.

Really good stuff.
unlock.your.heart chapter 8 . 8/4/2009
As I've said before its really good. Sad but good. I like it a lot :)
unlock.your.heart chapter 7 . 7/31/2009
Aw that bit with Fukuda thinking about Aika was adorable! It's very good you displayed the emotion perfectly.
unlock.your.heart chapter 6 . 7/31/2009
Your stuff is so good.
unlock.your.heart chapter 5 . 7/29/2009
Ooh what are they going to do? Well I know, but your stuff is really good.