Reviews for A History of Vengeance
bibliophilea chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I love the way you described Voldemort's first significant attack. His declaration of "I am Lord Voldemort" is a declaration of his identity; an anagram of the name he was given, twisted when he was a child trying to create a powerful, unique identity for himself. Voldemort would love having that hidden meaning there, that declaration of the core of the identity he chose to develop, used to inspire fear and awe in the hearts of those he believed to be beneath him.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2014

p.s. Riddle became horrible to look at after his resurrection
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This is an incredibly powerful piece of writing. It is also very complete like a poem, but a poetry form would diminish the ragged truth of it somehow. Thank you.
noelnoel2 who cannot log in..
Lalinn chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Wow ! This is amongst the top fanfics written ! Getting a peek behind enemy lines is always fascinating. And it's definitely mind-blowing when it's this brilliantly done. Every word, phrase, line and sentence is wonderfully crafted... you paint the whole powerful pureblood mindset so well. This is always what I imagined happening actually, it's the same situation with many conflicts. In fact, WW II is in many ways a consequence of WW I.

I could go on and on about all the good things in this fic, but I'll let it be for now.
Carol chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is an excellent explanation about why anyone would join the Death Eaters. I loved it from the first paragraph. Normally Death Eaters are portrayed at stupid or gullible, but you didn't. Thank you for sharing this with the community.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
You portrayed the thoughts of a zealot quite well. Thanks for sharing!
noelnoel2 chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
This story is insightful and a great addition to the fandom.
AiSard chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
awesome. love how it puts it in the perspective of the Death Eater, human and real, not unlike revolutionaries everywhere. was a bit perturbed by how the present tense kept interrupting the flow, but my favourite part was right at the end so ya p
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
this is absolutely incredible. amazing. wow...i never really thought of things from a death eater's POV...very original. it's wonderful writing.

huh...another thing about how things are NEVER black and white...ah the old lies.
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
this is amazing. gives me the chills.

you captured the DE's personality perfectly, and it's so realistic.

the tone of it all is brilliant.
Katayun chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This is phenomenal. I find it hard to find good, realistic stories about how death eaters joined the Dark Lord, but this is exceptional. It is logical without hiding the killing a bloodshed. Your story gave me chills. I commend your skill and sit back in awe.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Kirika Moonshadow chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Great fic! The tone is wonderful...fanaticism, disdain, resentment. You paint a picture here where the reader really can understand where this Death Eater is coming from. I also enjoyed the use of Moody. The fact that this character is the Eater who took his eye and leg situates him solidly in Rowling's setting. And makes him that little bit more frightening. It sent chills down my spine. _ Keep up the good work!
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Yay, finally someone is putting what little we know about the earlier years together and making something interesting out of it! I'm guessing you don't have a particular Death Eater in mind, but is this only a one shot? I'm leaning towards 'yes'...