Reviews for The Outside Man
SaraiEsq chapter 19 . 9/19/2014
Excellent story.
RowdyClara chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
A wonderful story with lots of feeling put into it! Bravo! :) I enjoyed it immensely and I loved how you created Olsen's background. You've got an awesome writing style, which I LOVE, and it made reading your story intriguing, involving, and I couldn't stop until I reached the end. Keep up the great work!

I'm off to read 'The Informer Pt. 2'!
sparra-music chapter 19 . 7/22/2011
Excellent story! I really enjoyed all the BG you gave us for Olsen. But I must admit that you came so close to one of my favorite lines and then didn't find a way to include it. (BTW, the line in question is when Olsen is on his way out and tells the dogs, "Not yet, stupid! After I get clear." and then the sit nicely for him before barking their heads off at Carter.)
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 2 . 3/26/2010
I am really enjoying this story. Olsen was always one of my favorite characters in the series. It's too bad he kind of disappeared in later seasons.

This story seems to be well-researched, and really makes a lot of sense. Olsen would need an itimate knowledge of the German language and culture if he was going to survive for any length of time on the outside.

From what you wrote about the Eagle Squadron, it sounds like Hogan could have been assigned there as well. Do you think that was where he met Group Captain Roberts?
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 19 . 3/18/2010
Another superb story! The character development of the show's characters blended with accurate historical elements is a winner.
konarciq chapter 19 . 12/30/2009
All in all an interesting read. Nice how you end where The Informer picks up.
konarciq chapter 17 . 12/30/2009
I loved this bit with Helga! You really got her pegged!
konarciq chapter 16 . 12/30/2009
That cottage cheese comment was really funny! LOL

Great suspense in this chapter. I wonder how theyre going to get out of this mess!
konarciq chapter 15 . 12/30/2009
What are Gentiles?
konarciq chapter 14 . 12/30/2009
Oh, things are getting very interesting now!

I love how you brought in the typical autumn weather of that part of Europe btw: rain rain rain! Better than the sunny winterdays the TV-show usually showed us!
smithcrafter chapter 19 . 12/29/2009
Wow! You managed to surprise me. I wasn't expecting the story to end right there. Great story. It was very different, having the story focus on a "minor" character like this one did.
Bits And Pieces chapter 19 . 12/29/2009
...and so, a sabotage and espionage operation was born. Excellent story! I absolutely loved how you ended it; that was perfect! I enjoyed this story very much; you did a wonderful job. Thanks for writing it, and sharing it with us!
Simone Lyon chapter 19 . 12/29/2009
That was great! I liked seeing how the operation came to be, and definitely seeing more of Olsen, since we never saw much on him. Great job!
Lizzi0307 chapter 19 . 12/29/2009
Great story! I'm sad to see it finished. I loved how you ended it right where it would have taken over with the episode. Wonderfully done! :D
ColHogan chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
Loved it and sorry to see it end. And yes, the last part could be considered a prequel to The Informer when Carter came to Stalag 13. Loved Newkirk's line about at least somebody 'getting lucky' when he suspected Olsen had a girlfriend outside the wire. Wonder what Hogan would think if he knew. Would probably be amused yet warn Olsen to be careful. Perhaps I sense maybe a sequel in the future to see how Olsen & Heidi's relationship progresses? But even if there isn't, this has been a great look at a character who really didn't get much to do in the series.