Reviews for Divination is a Wooly Subject
Scimitar chapter 1 . 5/22
Excellent! Everything I wanted in Harry except maybe Dombledore is bit too soft for a manipulative bastard :)
READ ME chapter 1 . 2/11
wow you could make this a good story have an ending that he just packs a magic trunk with all the magic tools and muggle tools books and sealed copy's both magic and muggle all the spare wands at Ollivanders wands a part for every magic critter ten of each so he could bread them and have magic surplus for potions same for plants both muggle and magical. etc. and decides to leave reality thus starting Harrys joinery's thru the multiverse each fanfiction is one verse.
kase519 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Whoa
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
A good interpretation that fits the (first five) books perfectly. I've never seen a convincing argument against Dumbledore being either evil or incompetent.
Taking into account the last two books I think he is both evil and incompetent. It is obvious that he set up Harry from the beginning to die. Riddle just wants Harry to die. Dumbledore arranged such a miserable life for Harry that he would be willing to die.
In book 5 Dumbledore admits that he knew that life with the Dursleys would be bad before he sent him there. When Sirius Black arrives at Godrics Hollow, Hagrid is already there with orders from Dumbledore to take him to the Dursleys. This is before Sirius meets Wormtail and goes to Azkaban. It is very convenient/suspicious, that Sirius gets no trail, while the Lestrange get one, not to mention the likes of Malfoy who walk away free.

Then the different years at Hogwarts. Sometimes Dumbledore knows everything that happens at Hogwarts, like first year where Harry finds the mirror of Erised while under the invisibility cloak. But for a whole year he doesn't notice that Quirrel has Voldemort in his head or that his friend of many years Moody is a Death Eater? He doesn't notice that a Basilisk is loose in the school? He knows that the last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened a student was killed, yet they keep the school open?
And in book 7 he sends the trio on a trip that just with incredible luck results in the eventual defeat of Riddle. Dumbledore had the sword of Gryffindore in his office. Would it have been too much give it to Harry so he could destroy the Horcruxes? No, instead Snape throws the sword into the pond and sends a patronus in the direction of the tent, in the hope that Harry is stupid enough to follow the patronus and stupid enough to jump into the pond.

In the end Riddle first is stupid enough to cast AK on Harry to kill the Horcrux. Given his experience with Harry as a baby he should have used any other lethal course.
And then he doesn't die of the hand of the other, but of his own course that rebounds. Notice that didn't happen when he killed the Horcrux, and it certainly was not because the wand sensed that he didn't intend to kill Harry that time.
Krysania chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
WOW!
More sense than all books put together!
Gracefulalexis chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
oh my god. That was really good. I really like your take on the whole prophecy extravaganza, I have never heard of something like this! You gave Harry the power over Dumbledore, even when Dumbledore thought he had the power. This is awesome.

-A
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
Wow...That's just..Wow..
Cersesi chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
I love it.
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
True that. Harry couldn't live with Dumbledore meddling with his life. Dumbledore even managed to do so during one book after his death. Also, Dumbledore doesn't seem to have a life out of messing with Harry's.
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Well done, dear sir!
Lina esrevnI chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
i'm sad to admit that I laughed. I have seen this done before, but not with him flat out saying it to canon Dumbledore's face. Loved the fact Voldie's name wasn't on the prophesy but Albus was, never caught that before nice touch.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Interesting take on it. I always hate prophecies.
Bramble86 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Masterful! A shock of cold water in the face of cliched oblivion. This is good.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
WOAH! Totally didn't see that one comin'...
My Alternate Reality chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Interesting theory! I can see it happening that way.