Reviews for Sukun
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
IronRaven chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I'm surprised I hadn't review this earlier. I know I read it.

You give me glowing praise, but all I can say is that it truly high praise. I can see Kurt sitting up there, reading at night. The soft inner light of his eyes, the shadow of tail, the gleam of teeth. And the exaltation of one who has risen above a life that should have destroyed him.

And I gave up on trying to learn Arabic, in part because of the lack of vowel sounds.
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
For a first, this is amazing! I'm so glad I stumbled across this; it's very impressive, and very deep. LOVE the detail and that while trying to learn another language, Kurt reflects on life. Brilliant!
Drifting One chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Wow. Wow.

I wish I could be as insightul as you when it comes to reviews, but the fact of the matter is, this is beyond my experience. Very, very well done! Very insightful.

PureWolfWarrior chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Fantastic for your first fan fic. There aren't many stories about Kurt's past out there, but you made one and it's great. I really can't wait for more fics from you.
dasz chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Great one-shot! Definitely looking forward to more of your work!
webaholic chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Very, *very* touching, words well chosen.

My favourite part: "The memories he had of them still chimed within him like notes of happy music, giving him a safe haven within his mind when the world’s cruelty threatened to drive him to despair. But those days were gone forever, torn from him like the life of one he had held dear."

Wonderful interplay of sound and silence, memory and reflection. Heart-tugging insight into his past. Many wonderful tidbits, such as "Arabic did not simply leave letters without vowels; it actively silenced them. ... Circumstances had not only given him his name, but had shaped him as a person; each twist along the way, each letter silenced, had led him to this particular moment." , "the patchwork family these mutants had created for themselves." , and his pondering about the book's past.

I must read more of your work when I have time.
Feline Rose chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Oh, that was sweet! I love it!
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Really well written and philosophical. This is your first story? That's amazing! D I can't wait to see more from you, but you have just made a fan. Keep it up!
justlikeanemptynotebook chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
wow! that was such a good story. im personally terrible at reading arabic, heck i dont even understand it that well, but you took the singular letters in an alphabet and took the sounds unique to only arabic and wrote a beautiful story out of it all. i really liked the way you wrote that, good job, it was cool
Nightcrawler's Shadow chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
-dances- duh da da...sorry, but I'm just celebrating your first story! I really love it, I forgot to mention that earlier, but I had to leave something for the review didn't I?

Anyway, I can't wait to see more from you!