Reviews for Heroes for Ghosts
332249 chapter 5 . 1/9
You don't break promises.
I do lie though.

Classic!
DevotedReaderForYou chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
I want to read the Disneyland version
Guest chapter 6 . 10/24/2016
Holy crap, I can't member the last time a fic hurt this much (it might have been that one where Dean friggin DIES of brain cancer at sunset)
waitingforAslan chapter 6 . 6/28/2016
Ow! That WAS painful! You warned us that chapter 5 was sad, and it WAS. Yet it made sense; as much as we wish something else for the boys, THAT outcome was . . . hmmmm, destiny? lol

I loved your line at the end of chapter 5 where Dean walks away from Sam in the cafeteria and says, "Don't follow me, Sam." It looked like he was protecting his brother from social ostracism, but it made me think of Dean recognizing that he was trapped in this life but that Sam didn't have to be, that Sam could have more. I don't think the Dean of your story meant that based on what he said to Sam in the Epilogue about how he CAN'T stop hunting, but the words just had double meaning to me. But I think he's on his way to understanding that Sam deserves more. But his words - "It's too late for me" - are so dark (and so true to what we see portrayed so often in the Show.)

I really liked how you explained Dean's thoughts: that "real life' wasn't real, that it was a shallow fake charade, only existing because people like the Winchesters gave up everything so it could exist for others. And I liked Sam saying that maybe THEY deserved to be saved.

I was so moved by your portrayal of Dean doing the right thing and never being appreciated for it: his dad will always ask him for MORE and it will never end because people will ALWAYS be in danger and Sam gets mad at him for not standing up to John and other people don't even KNOW. What does Dean get? He gives so much and gets so much antagonism from others. Maybe that's what makes him the Righteous Man.
Anonymooser chapter 6 . 3/26/2016
Thank you for this story. I loved it, and I felt there was a lot of great underlying philosophical debate going on. This was really amazing. I'm favoriting it, and you.
reader50 chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
I loved your story but it made me cry. It was different from what I thought it was going to be. I had thought it was going to be lighthearted and mostly like the first chapter of giving financial advice. I too am more of a Dean girl, Sam, for all he thought he was a freak, was to me, very normal. Dean, however, always pulls at my heartstrings. I always cry when he does on the series because you just know he doesn't want to but he just can't take it anymore. That 1 teardrop gets to me more than someone sobbing their eyes out. Of course, I know I'm not alone, after all, someone wrote a song about it. You are an excellent writer. This story is well written, has a lot of angst and true to character. Thank you for sharing.
enchanted nightingale chapter 6 . 7/20/2015
Loved it!
Sari Dark chapter 6 . 12/8/2014
As always you blew me away.
Poor Dean never gets a break, does he? Even when we try to write him one! Lols.
Mendai Decovrii chapter 6 . 11/11/2014
I started this looking for candy, but I'm so much more pleased with what I found (and yes, depressed, too. But it's an SPN fic, so it comes with the territory). After reading the character descriptions you put in at the end, I have to say, you did a great job portraying /exactly/ what you wanted from the characters. Nothing you put in the descriptions was something I hadn't already seen in the text (except the Dean as Batman thing, though I should have, being both a Dean girl and a DK lover), and that's terribly impressive. I loved your comparison of Dean to Batman (for the reasons above), and think it's so true and /so/ sad. I also really appreciated the agnosticism you display toward John. I could definitely sense his love toward them, in the questions he'd ask the one about the other (specifically when he'd talk to Sam about Dean. You did a good job subtly portraying his concern); at the same time, he was so bad at showing it, which is exactly the impression I get from the show. So props! On the whole thing! This was really awesome.

(...and that was a really long review. sorry...)
Guest chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
Good story! Well written.
Leighna07 chapter 3 . 12/26/2013
This is one great story! With your perspective I was able to fully understand Dean, Sam and John's characters. Their life isn't a fairy tale as you said but doesn't mean they didn't have their own fantasy. I applaud you for choosing your version IV, I understand that it was tempting to choose the other versions but it just wouldn't feel right, it's sad but its their reality to face for those choices and experiences made them the righteous but distant(Dean), creating opportunity of normalcy through rebellion(Sam) and accepting the villain role to be a good father and protector of his boys and other people the once-upon-a-dream he had. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS STORY! THIS IS REALLY REALLY GREAT! :)
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 6 . 4/10/2013
love it, hated the part where the school turned on dean but loved it coz it was true to the characters. Just hate that he tends to get the raw deal. :( again loved it.
Elaine du Lac chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
You always write with such insight and skill. Read most of your other works a couple of years ago. Still remember some of them, and especially the pen name.
Yorushike chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
Hi,
I have been reading a lot of your stories these past few days, and I have to admit I love them :). Besides a very round and enyoiable writing style, I think you have both a very realistic and enjoyable view of Dean, the man, who isn't a man and carries the world on his shoulders. For me personally Sam was always the "normal" kid. He wants what every teenager wants, he does what they all do: Fights with the parents wants to be accepted by the other students, wants good grades and wants his father to like him. Like so many other youths he loses the father part more and more over the years as others become more important. I think the way you portrait him here, was really fitting for him. As unusual as his situation is it is also somehow normal.
And there is Dean. There are a lot of fics out there about Dean, but only a few that actually fit. Dean is not normal. He takes orders and yet he is not a soldier, because while there is a distance between a soldier and the commander there isn't between him and his father. And he doesn't have to follow orders, he doesn't just do it. He thinks for himself and he has a choice but he makes that choice not for himself, but always for his family. Just as he does in your fic. That is something so strange in our modern, western society, that I find it difficult to make him a realistic human being, but you manage that by giving him weaknesses.
The only chritisism I have is that when reading many of your stories it gets a bit dark. Dean does his job, he follows his orders, he gets hurt, he looses someone, but you never give a motivation. He only ever suffers. Maybe a bit more reward, a happy sam, a praising dad, a surviving victim? Because no matter how strong a person is, there is a breaking point.
I realise that the stories don't necessarily belong together, but sometimes the whip and carrot systhem works better than just the whip. :)
Greetings Yorushike
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
I just knew you were gonna do that to poor Dean. Oh gawd, I feel so bad for him. I certainly feel his decision was something Dean would choose, what with his self sacrificing nature. I still hate it tho. Don't hate you, of course. I'm still going to read on and this was really a great chapter to read. I really enjoyed the scene where he got the new outfit! Sounded juicy, hehe.

...poor outcast Dean.