Reviews for Before the beginning
starblaze17 chapter 15 . 10/21/2013
Jolteon is better.
Pokechick chapter 28 . 12/4/2011
hi there leafstormgrovyle

i just finsihed reading your story today

i thought that it was very good and that your were very creative with the characters too

i like lucario too he is very brave and cool

although i think it would have been cooler if that jolteon was an umbreon instead

but it worked out in the story

his death was very traggic and brave, so was absol's and lucario's

i realise that you wrote this story years ago and you might not get this reciew but if you do get it i urge you do a sequel with the human partner that you said you were going to do becuase i have always wondered what they got up to before they went to the past

and might i suggest that the human partner be a girl(i read that you didn't know what gender the partner would be yet)

i think that a sweet kind hearted girl would contrast well with the male grovyle that is sort of bitter although i probably would be too by the of that story

you are very creative and i do hope that if you have already written the sequeal and didn't upload it for some odd reason that you will or if you havn't wrote it yet that you would

i would very much appreciate it and hope that you will get this

your fan

Pokechick

thanks for the great story :)
Guest chapter 21 . 10/2/2011
You need to add present time pokemon. (not future pokemon like jolten, grovyle,absol.) Ones that are not chased by Dusknoir and Dialga
Nevermore and forever gone chapter 7 . 6/17/2011
Absol was without a doubt the greatest hero in pokemon
mysticdragon01 chapter 27 . 10/25/2010
Phew, I'm finally done reading! ...And what a blast that was! I couldn't stop because of all the cliffies you used. XD

That stuff aside, I'll now reveal my critic side. The story is great, there's no doubt about that. And I enjoyed reading the suspenseful scenes; there were a lot of them so it made me happy. I'm not a sadist; don't be mistaken. It's just that Grovyle is my favorite Pokemon of all time, yet ironically, I enjoy reading these hopeless fight scenes. And hopeless it was - from the very beginning Grovyle did seem the weakest of the characters, except for Jolteon, perhaps. I almost took pity on Grovyle because he seemed to be getting to no avail, and was always being beaten up. But then, in the later chapters, it was Lucario who was in for a massive beating. It was almost a miracle he didn't die earlier in the story.

And now I'm at the ending... Well, Absol and Lucario's sacrifice is certainly one Grovyle will never forget. I only hope that Grovyle will get stronger, because if Dusknoir and his Sableye return, he'll have no chance by himself. At least, that's the message I'm getting from the team's countless defeats.

I'm not saying that all this negative stuff is bad; no, on the contrary. I enjoyed it a lot, depressing as it was. Thank you for a very good story. D
SharpenedPencil chapter 28 . 8/25/2010
I love this. I read through this entire story a million times and I still love it. Great job :)

I know you won't be on FF anymore, and you probably won't see my review, but I had to review anyway ;)

Love it :D

-Pencil
GrovRose chapter 27 . 5/24/2010
I have to admit it, this was pretty well written! I liked how you added lots of detail into your fic! Just like you, I too am a fan of Grovyle the Thief, as I miss him very much. My stories sometimes tend to be rather depressing as well, so don't think that you're the only one!
Mewtastic chapter 7 . 5/10/2010
WAAAAAH no wonder Grovle is so mean in the games. sniff. I thought he was just sour. IM A TERRIBLE PERSON! i'm going to read the rest sniff.
Reviewer chapter 27 . 4/19/2010
Wait a second...

WTF happened to Grovyle's human partner? He just dissapeared?

Is this an AU? Because I didn't see anything saying that.
just a person chapter 27 . 11/17/2009
worst story ever I cant express in words how bad this story is
Mossmoon chapter 28 . 11/5/2009
"That’s not important. I am Jolteon. And, yeah, I'm also on the run for my life. But that’s not important either."-Hmm...this Joltion should think about his priorties more...

The biggest mistake that I could see was this:

"As I ran north, light began to creep up, coloring the sky. Dawn was here, and that was never good."

"A dark fog loomed on the horizon, extinguishing the light of the sunrise, spreading like a wildfire in dry brush, but where this fog past, it didn’t look like anything, much less a fire, would ever move again."

There is TIME. Wasn't the meaning of Grovyle's journey to the past to restore the time In his world? I don't think that the Sableye had joined Dailgia then. In fact, how did the Sableye join Daligia in the first place? I'll have to write about that, wanna join? I got this idea with this chapter, so I think that's fair.

Anyway, this chapter was longer than most of the others and I couldn't really find and grammical, capilization, or puncuation errors at all. And this story has a great begginging. I can't wait to hea more!

Moss
yourdeardearfriend chapter 28 . 11/3/2009
whoo Jolteon he is still comic relief and kinda vain "enough about my awesome power" yet he is thinks he is not enough anyway awesome chapter update soon :)
Domonid chapter 27 . 10/23/2009
Did...Did you just kill Lucario and Absol?

and your note about not owning anything i was sorta like um what OCs then i was like OH THE ONES THAT YOU KILLED

:O
Domonid chapter 26 . 10/23/2009
Okay, i dunno if i'm more disappointed that jolteon didn't die, or that he didn't twitch as he was dying TT_TT

um. moving on, DARK MUCH? shesh.
Mossmoon chapter 27 . 10/19/2009
Nice book, although I wish that some of the chapter were a little bit longer. And I also saw a repeating pattern in this fanfiction. fight-rest-fight-rest-fight ect. I felt like it never got anywhere. We still don't know that much about Time Gears or even found the scroll even. What was the climax anyway? Sorry to be so blunt.

It is a good idea with good characters. (Though I wish that we got into the character a little more, they seemed a little flat. Expecially Joltion.)

Here are some questions athat are stil unanswered that you should proabily adress in the sequel:

How did Joltion know Grovyle?

What was the importance of the scroll?

Good luck and I have high hopes for the sequel!

Nice job- Moss