Reviews for Severed Wings
Guest chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
Wish you'd finish this...
Sarah chapter 2 . 11/28/2010
Amazing story!
Luna Silvereyes chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Ooh, this is eerie. The characters are spot on, it's like I'm hearing an excerpt from the show. Nicely done! I can hardly wait to see what happens!
Bunch-o-Nuts chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
This sounds really good right now. I can't wait to read more. By bringing Reki back into the story while still following the anime makes the story really good already.
Z.N. Singer chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I have to say I entered this fandom with a certain amount of trepidation. Decent writers are far and away outnumbered up here by people who can barely string together coherent, grammatically palatable sentences. Let alone put together a story that has any business sharing a name with one of the most beautiful anime I know. So I'm glad I read yours first _

Solid, well knit sentences and very decent evocation (my word for the process of making the characters and settings alive and real) defy my Claws of Criticism for the most part. I'm no good for catching grammar - that's what my own beta readers are for _. There's not enough plot to judge it for itself, but I can say that this makes a very good opening chapter, containing the right elements to capture and intrigue (which is really also part of evocation). In particular, the last sentence an excellent show of storytelling subtlety. Nice going. I'm only just starting to really follow anything up here - mostly because it didn't seem worthwhile scrounging for the ones whose works were worth it. But nothing keeps my own muse moving better than reading the products of others (and right now I'm owing my own readers for a very overdue chapter of Fate Spiral Time), so I'll be following this. Looking forward to seeing what kind of character development and plot you can summon.

(summon, conjure - I use a lot of magic terms when I think of writing. It's always seemed pretty magic to me - and nothing feels more powerful then when a really big scene is surging through your brain to your fingers to the screen.)