Reviews for Amanda and Jamie: Hand Me Downs
Terry Kay chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Being 5th out of 8, boy do I remember "shopping in the trunks" (military brat). Every year I got to pick 1 new dress out of the catalog for school. Now, I still have absolutely no idea how my mom managed it. Mom's are magical aren't they?
Terry Kay chapter 2 . 8/19/2009
Aw! Sweet!
berniej chapter 2 . 7/31/2009
Hi, what a sweet thing for him to do then again he did have his moments didn't he? Of course if she wore it Dotty would probably know it wasn't the same one...more questions!

I was half expecting him to return the origional..but on second thoughts not his style...something better would have been his thoughts, plus he was 'jealous' of any man with Amanda and definitely her ex...wonder how he managed to 'talk' his way out of the reasons behind the gift..he was pretty good at 'lying' to himself too!

Thanks for the update

Bernie
Loretta the Contessa chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
great story. I hand down my girls on tops alot. They are both tall so I can get away with those buy pants not so much.

one wears a size 11 and the younger one 3/4. It was a good way to use the bracelet Joe had given her
Stetsonfan chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Amanda did seem to budget pretty well but I'm sure that raising two kids on her own was hard and even though Joe was more than likely paying child support that doesn't always go very far.
tracey chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
i have 2 boys 3 years apart, and my little one gets hand me downs, and he doesn't like it. luckily they go to 2 different schools(long story), so he doesn't get too picked on. that and i try to get him a couple of new things. but it is hard to make ends meet, especially when you are the only one working.
berniej chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I never really thought about how difficult it was for Amanda to make ends meet even though it was mentioned once or twice she always seemed to manage somehow..it must have been a complete shock to the system when Lee finally found out just how much two growing boys can cost in clothes and food alone!,there goes the expensive wines! and I bet his suits cost more than Amanda's grocery shopping too...you've brought her to life in a very real way with this chapter, well done

Bernie