Reviews for Amon and Helen
Rabbi G. Trefil chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
The trauma endured by Holocaust survivors is already bad enough; does not need to be made worse. The rape here written never occurred and it is nothing short of a sexual violation on the part of the author to have falsified this. If the author has the slightest ounce of human compassion or respect for Holocaust survivors, she will remove this from the internet. At minimum, if she wants to write a Holocaust rape story, she could create a fictional character instead of using a real survivor's name. Things like this are why those who endure trauma rarely discuss the events: lack of empathy from those who were not there and the desire to "creatively" retell truths.
rosa chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
In what chapter can this scence be found ?
Alex Mercer chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
Amazing! Absolutely loved the way you ended it! The movie only shows Amon being challenged to a card game by Oskar but due to my research, I discovered that Oskar must have won because Helen did in the end work for him in the factory.

Also, well done in retaining the previous chapter with the saddening mood of the film rather than getting carried away with the bit where Amon rapes Helen.

Write more!
mary chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
he waz a horible man unbeliveble a evil german dats wat da ware
Guest chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
Woo! Good riddance
Molli chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This was wonderful! Please write more :)!
idoloveyou chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
Wow. Beautifully written. I think you captured Helen's thoughts perfectly, especially during scene where Amon talks at her and she stays silent. And I just love the "Take care of my Helen" line. I can't help being fascinated by Amon and Helen. He was a sadistic, cruel monster, but somewhere inside of him he really cared for this girl, but in the end he let the bad win out over the good. This was really exquisite and wonderful.
Lunnaris Elentari chapter 2 . 5/23/2011
Very well done. I like this fic very much. I think you have written Helen feealings perfectly.
Willow chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
I like the thought of Amon forgetting about the 'vermin' that Helen is supposed to be, and confessing his love for her. He would never so easily admit that she was Jewish to anyone, though. He forbade her from wearing the star of David, because, if anyone caught him admiring her, he didn't want them to know that it was a Jew he was admiring. Also, I doubt that a nurse would come to help Helen. It would have been a doctor, and he would definitely not have confronted him about the rape. If he had, Amon would have had him shot. And, I don't think Helen wouldn't have been whipped, so there would be no scars like that on her back, probably just bruises and a few cuts. She wouldn't have whimpered at the doctor's touch, but remained perfectly still, not making a sound. Amon probably wouldn't have stood there either, but have left the room as soon as he saw the doctor begin to treat her. And, he most definitely would not have agreed to keep her safe. I think the more logical version of this story would have been for him to kiss her during their first 'chat', and then to become disgusted with himself and beat her, for 'making' him feel this way.
fireflylover chapter 2 . 11/12/2010
you should write more.
PandaLove01 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
You've captured amons twisted feelings for helen perfectly, VERY well written.
blindmad chapter 2 . 8/9/2009
great story :) keep up the good work
dreamtmusic chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
"Helen looked at Amon, terrified at this sudden display of affection."

I love how Amon's character changes emotions on a whim...leaves it open for juicy situations.

Can't wait for another update.
dreamtmusic chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Poor, poor, Helen...Please continue! Very interesting story so far.