Reviews for An Exercise in Subtlety
NovemberMelody chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This fic is so awesome!
jin.toshikazu chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
ack, you're breaking the heart of the ryota-ayako shipper in me too many times today. _ still, in spite of that i still enjoyed kogure's ednearing frustration, youhei and haruko's sudden realizations, the very realistic and in-character way that rukawa reacts and... no, i didn't really enjoy miyagi's heartbreak, but i did appreciate the preserved friendship in the end. _

i hope you write more SD fics. you're a terrific writer, and i'd actually read your tekken fics if it weren't for the fact that it's VF that i play and i'd only get totally lost in the tekken universe. _
Konoha's White Fang chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
A really beautiful piece of work. It was well-written and very enjoyable to read. Good work.

KWF
kazema chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
love the humor '..he refuses for the sake of ‘not degrading himself by winning against a handicapped person’ made me laugh!

love the story.. please write more! ]
iamdionie chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
wah!

love this. ;]

*hearty eyes..

I DEMAND MORE STORIES PLS.. ;P hehe..

*peace!. ;3

godbless..

more power.
Divinely Ethereal chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
OMG YOU LOVE SLAM DUNK TOO! -Hyperventilates-

“Hmm… yeah. When Sakuragi was in the middle of his ‘Tensai Returns’ sermon and then ended up passing the ball to the opposite team instead. Thanks to him, we won.” XDXDXD

(“I’ve never really noticed but Ryota-kun looks so cute in person! Maybe it’s the height?”).

He IS cute _

"But how is everyone supposed to look up to you when they have to bend down to hear what you’re saying? Nyahahahaha…”

Pht... Whatever, Sakuragi. ( Loved the banter, though)

“Say, who agrees with me that Mitsui-sempai looks totally shaggable when he’s all sweaty and sleeveless?”

-Jumps up and down- I DO, I DO! XDXDXDXD

Meh, Rukawa is so boring... And how many more collisions can that dratted pink bicycle survive?

Ouch, poor Ryo-chin :( ( Love Ayako, though, and hate Haruko. She's like the most clueless thing ever. She should hurry up and get together with Sakuragi, already)

Speaking of which, I don't like either Sakuragi or Rukawa. Talk about major cliche. They're what you get if Hwoarang&Jin or Naruto&Sasuke suddenly take up basketball -.-

And Mitsui... Oh, Mitchi-kun, the way you made my head spin when I was an impressionable twelve-year-old!( First major anime crush XD). To this day, he's still my fave. I also like Sendoh of Ryonan, Nobunaga of Kainan( I dunno why, he reminds me of Axel of Kingdom Hearts II, minus the red hair) and the brown-haired captain of Shoyo ( forgot his name). I think overall, Slam Dunk has the hottest male cast of all anime, and none of them are sissy little bishonen either _

And sorry about all the rambling, I just got so excited to know that you're a fan too! I'd really, really like to see more Slam Dunk fics from you, and perhaps one hilarious cross-over with Tekken as well. You write so well :)

Happy Writing!
sharon chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
nice, the content and title of your story fit very well together. i especially love the little touches you included in your fic, like mitsui advising ayako on skirt lengths and sakuragi having an unflattering cover photo. these subtle injections of humour really add to the lighthearted manner of the story.

can you do a subsection on when sakuragi finds out? i would love to see how you would craft his reaction :)