Reviews for The Valley is Jolly
Mari83 chapter 37 . 12/26/2013
This was great, and especially read back to back with “A long and weary way” with the contrast of Aragorn's past and present. Perfect balance of character development and interaction and bigger story arch.

Thanks for sharing!
My blue rose chapter 37 . 5/20/2013
this is one of the best lotr stories i have read and i have read hundreds! I love your Elrond, he is my favorite character and you portray him beautifuly. all of your characters are excellent. I hope that one day you write a sequal to this story, it is so wonderful
Guest chapter 21 . 3/13/2013
Wow
Kitty9167 chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
very good job :) I just want to point out one small mistake you made in the story.

you typed: "Swiftly, before the boy's reflexes could expel the fluid, he dropped the spoon and stroked the back of his index finger down the length of Estel's throat. The larynx tightened, and Estel swallowed. There was a tiny, wet cough, but the water was down."

This is incorrect because the larynx is the voice box. It would be more accurate to put pharynx in place of larynx. the pharynx is the medical word for throat. I only caught that because I took a medical terminology class.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 37 . 1/20/2013
awesome
BrightWatcher chapter 37 . 1/15/2013
This is... Amazing. I couldn't tear myself away... Wow... It would be a long time before I got out all I want to say. XD

Good luck with your writer's muse!
innail chapter 7 . 1/3/2013
The heck? Why is Estel dreaming of Erebor?
The Sailor Earth chapter 28 . 12/18/2012
Ok, so, this story is amazing, you write so well, and I love it. There's one thing in this chapter that bugs me a little. Theres a line about the old man being past his 90th year and being too old, but from what's written in the books I'm pretty sure the dunedain are supposed to live past that. I even looked it up online a bit and found a great website where someone analysed the lifespans on the cheiftains that we're given in the appendices, they all live to about 160, provided they aren't killed in battle. According to the timeline in the appendices Aragorn has his 88th birthday the day he, Legolas, and Gimli meet Gandalf the White and set out for Edoras and he lives to 210. Since all the dunedain are descended from Elros, one would assume that life-span is normal for all of them so to be too old one would probably have to be 130-140 maybe. That is my only critique about this entire story. I already read through to the end and I simply don't have the words to describe just how amazing it is. You really are a spectacular writer.
Sirensbane chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
This reads like Tolien's writing, and everyone is so in character. Excellent job.
Sirensbane chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
This is very well-written; I am enjoying it very much.
ArwenGranger chapter 37 . 12/16/2012
That was such a wonderful story! It was so deep and detailed and I didn't want it to end. Your characters were all great. The relationship between Elrond and Estel was beautiful; your portrayal of Gilraen was very interesting and not something I've seen before with the tension between her and Elrond; the same with the slight distance between Elladan, Elrohir and Estel; Gandalf was perfect; Bilbo and his reactions to Rivendell was lovely... I could go on but basically I loved everything about it!
Athalanta chapter 37 . 4/5/2012
Wow, this is good enough to be a published novel standing right besides Hobbit and LOTR!

There are many good vignettes and drabbles concerning this particular canon but good longer (non parody:) works are few and far between.

I enjoyed reading this immensely.
Rivergift chapter 37 . 2/11/2012
This was a delightful tale, rich and deep and I adored it! Very unique, too- I don't think I've seen such a portrayal of Gilraen before, or of Elladan and Elrohir's relationship with Estel. But you make it so believable I am drawn in, and this is definitely a favourite )
Stoplight Delight chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Great start!
rih chapter 37 . 8/31/2011
this is quite easily the best lotr fanfiction i have read so far

i love stories of Estels childhood and i just couldnt stop reading

spent the whole day on it in fact :)

at the same time i wanted to slow down

(" nooo only seven chapters to go! i dont want it to end! " etc...)

i am going to raid your profile right now to see if you have written other wonderful stories!

thanks for the amazing story!