Reviews for The Valley is Jolly
BlackQueen92 chapter 37 . 4/18
Beautiful, beautiful story. Such a beautiful deskription of the warm friendship, love and loyality between Estel and Elrond. I was supposed to do other things, but I could not put the story down before I was done.

-BlackQueen-
Perchemi chapter 37 . 4/7
Beautiful story-was quite intrigued with the angst of Estel's mother, made me think about things from that angle and how her life changed so quickly...thank you!
silverswath chapter 37 . 4/3
That was so very wonderful! Thank you, thank you!
Lotrfn chapter 37 . 3/17
I really loved this story. Thank you for making Elladan and Elrohir so three-dimensional. You really capture the spirit of the books so well.
Lotrfn chapter 13 . 3/17
This was a lovely chapter. Having Elrond speak of Maglor was exceptional.
fantasylover45 chapter 11 . 3/17
It always bothers me that the movie shows Elrond to be so averse to Aragorn marrying Arwen. In the books, he wasn't thrilled to lose his daughter but he didn't bear any particular resentment of Aragorn either. There was no strain in their relationship. He just set him a high goal but that was as much for Aragorn as well as Arwen andthe whole of Middle Earth. He almost set Arwen as his motivation so that he wouldn't falter in his tiresome journeys. So my point is, you portrayed Elronds relation with Aragorn beautifully. The building of Aragorn's unique character and Elrond's contribution to it, his strong emotions and yet his cultured expressions of them was perfect. I haven't finished the story yet though.
Wow! I love it! Not a really helpful review, I know. But really: Amazing. Your litttle Estel is wonderful and his interaction with Elrond enthralling.
It would be shameful of me if I still don't leave a review after reading so many of your marvelous stories in these several weeks. I cannot adequately express how I love this story of small Estel and the last meeting of the White Council (and I believe this story is much more than that but I'm at loss of how to describe it...). What strikes me most is the style of your story. It seems to me that many authors have their own style in writing, yet I cannot distinguish one in your writing. I feel like that when you write about Elrond, you assume the style of Elrond; when you write about Bilbo, you assume the style of a hobbit; when you write about wizard or elf or man or women or dwarf, you always write in their own tone. I wonder if you have once abode by the side of Vaire and saw with your own eyes the story of Arda weaved. Mayhaps you are one of her maid? ;)

Before I clicked into this story I wondered how it was possible that you can write 37 chapters about what happened during the visit of darwfs. However, I should have known by then (after reading several of your other stories) that stories are always there even if we don't know about them. Fortunately, you do know them, and I now know what you would write.

I like how the characters grew and changed throughout the story. Estel learned to face terrors and more importantly learned to trust. Elladan and Elohir came to know and love Estel. Gilrean gradually find her place at the last homely house. The Wise began to see the treachery of Saruman. I can go on and on, for every character is authentically presented and they all changed and grew just as we all do in life.

The parts that I like most in this story are the parts that involve Bilbo. At those parts, I can imagine how the kind and simple hobbit perceived the whole affair, being oblivious to so much that was going on. I think about how he put what he perceived into his book and into verses, so that there’s the Hobbit as it is. Yet what he never knew or never told also happened, and was no less memorable.

At last, I want to comment on your language. As I’m not a native speaker, I cannot say anything detailed or certain. However, I do like how you write. I do not feel tired to read your words and I feel that they have a subtlety in them, which I greatly admired.

Thanks so much for this story and many other stories you write! I hope I will find time to review all those I have read.
jkleeberger22 chapter 37 . 12/27/2015
I had homework to do and wasn't planning to get started on a long fanfic... Guess what I did? After the first chapter, I couldn't stop! It was suspenseful, even though I knew that most of them had to survive. I felt so sorry for Gilraen, Elrond, the twins, and especially poor Estel. I could really feel their sorrow and their uncertainty. Arwen had better stop lecturing her dad about loving Aragorn, though!
Aldryne21 chapter 37 . 11/19/2015
Oh, I ADORED this story! It was so well written, every single character acted like a real person and I loved how you wrote Estel. Especially his relationship with Elrond was heartwarming. It would be interesting to read what you make of the day Elrond finds out about Arwen and Aragorn. You haven't written something like that have you? I'm going to read all your stories now :)
wotumba1 chapter 37 . 9/24/2015
great Story, love it!
wotumba1 chapter 31 . 9/24/2015
poor Boy!
wotumba1 chapter 21 . 9/24/2015
poor child! to know such torment at such a Young age
wotumba1 chapter 14 . 9/23/2015
smart child!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
can't be an easy duty for a father