Reviews for The Valley is Jolly
wswpub chapter 37 . 8/23
What a very enjoyable story. it was believable, very well written (thank you), beautifully paced and thought out. I couldn't imagine writing this beautifully. It was interesting to see the twins as old as you made them. The grimness of their characters provided a depth to their emotion and fury. Then the nightmares of this child and the illness. I found myself trying to figure out what he had. I loved your Elrond as a father too.
I'm Hermes chapter 37 . 8/16
A beautiful ending to a fantastic story! I absolutely loved every minute of it! As much as I love The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit will always be my first literary love, and The Valley Is Jolly is a wonderful companion piece to it, while still being an incredible work in its own right! It made me glad that Bilbo got the last word; once again, you captured his voice perfectly!

It was wonderful to see what the Wise and Mighty were up to during Bilbo's curious adventure with Thorin & Co.! And the relationships between Gandalf and Elrond, and Elrond and Estel, and Estel and Gilraen, and Gilraen and the twins, and the twins and Estel... it was all so wonderful! Thank you for this treasure! I loved every word! Never stop writing!
I'm Hermes chapter 31 . 8/16
And so we see Aragorn's truest fear and temptation, and why the Ring had no sway over him! The Ring would never call to Aragorn, because the risk of the true king coming into power was too great a risk for Sauron, even if that power was gained by the machinations of his Ring. So instead the Enemy strikes at his heart, and urges him to disappear, to hide, to never seek power.

At least that's how I'm reading things. I may be mistaken.
I'm Hermes chapter 30 . 8/16
Awww is Halion Halbarad's father?! I'm so glad he survived, and glad that Gilraen has someone of her own people to talk to!

I get chills whenever Saruman speaks. Was he even now working with the Enemy? I've always been unclear as to when exactly he fell from grace and wisdom.
I'm Hermes chapter 14 . 8/15
The best convalescence Estel could have asked for: riding and swordplay!

It's such a shame that we don't get to see more of the White Council in the books. Or more of Saruman before he became corrupted by the Palantir. Or more of the working relationship between the great Elves of the world. I love that your fanfic takes us through some of these missing moments!

Apologies for the smaller number of reviews on this story. I get so interested in what I'm reading that I have to remind myself to review!
I'm Hermes chapter 8 . 8/15
It's nice to see more of Bilbo's first visit to Rivendell, where he would spend so many years. I'd be interested to see Elrond's estimation of Mr Baggins once the dragon is slain and the Mountain retaken.
I'm Hermes chapter 2 . 8/15
It is so interesting to view Thorin & Co. through the eyes of Elrond! I'm really enjoying seeing inside of Elrond's head! His irritation with the curiosity of Wizards would have been hilarious had Estel's circumstances not been so dire. And you've nailed both Thorin's and Bilbo's voices perfectly!

And the silly singing in the first chapter makes a lot more sense if they were wood elves and not Elrond's reserved and more serious household :p
Iris Edlothiad chapter 37 . 3/5
I do not have the words to express how happy I am that I found this story. It was an awesome story, to be sure, and I loved getting to see into Elrond and the other inhabitants of Imladris during the Necromancer-era. (And could probably enthuse over that for a while if I chose to.) But I also read this at a time where I was able to see so many truths, about love and trust and maybe even understanding what my own mind does...to the point where calling it a good story just isn't enough anymore. It may sound odd, but you've done me a great service in writing and posting this. Thanks for sharing. :)
This is amazing and beautifully written I love how you wrote everyone in this especially Gilrean and Elrond and the way you tied the ending to the beginning was great and I just love everything in this so much :D
ksecc1 chapter 37 . 12/17/2016
I love how you flesh out Aragorn's background. All the details and varied personalities are so much fun to read.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/21/2016
I love your backstory for Gilraen. You've extrapolated her well from what little canon gives us.
Morcondil chapter 37 . 10/11/2016
I love this piece so much. At first it seemed like a simple "behind the scenes" kind of tale, but you developed into so much more. I especially loved the various character arcs you introduced throughout: Gilraen's, Estel's, Elrond's. The individual journeys are woven together very well, and it's the characters that impact the reader the most. Of course, your envisioning of the storming of Dol Guldur is wonderful as well—it seems entirely believable and really adds to my reading of The Hobbit, etc. Excellent work here.
BlackQueen92 chapter 37 . 4/18/2016
Beautiful, beautiful story. Such a beautiful deskription of the warm friendship, love and loyality between Estel and Elrond. I was supposed to do other things, but I could not put the story down before I was done.

-BlackQueen-
Perchemi chapter 37 . 4/7/2016
Beautiful story-was quite intrigued with the angst of Estel's mother, made me think about things from that angle and how her life changed so quickly...thank you!
silverswath chapter 37 . 4/3/2016
That was so very wonderful! Thank you, thank you!