Reviews for The Muse of History
Persephone Kore chapter 25 . 5/16
Oh, my goodness, that was brilliant. *applauds the Lestrades en masse*
Bug-eyed Monster chapter 14 . 3/26/2010
I just knew Holmes was there too, what with the young couple's comments about strong tobacco and violin playing, and then the servant commenting that the doctor friend of the guest ordering food. lol
Bug-eyed Monster chapter 8 . 3/26/2010
*is dead from laughing too hard*

The exchange between Mrs. Lestrade and Holmes is made of win. Holmes really should take Waston's full advice, or better yet, let Watson come up with a letter for Mrs. Lestrade.

Off to finish reading...
Mariagoner chapter 32 . 1/2/2010
I really enjoyed reading this story! The mystery was set up very well and your impressions of Lestrade's family came through very well. Nicholas, Martin and Clea were all very vivid and wonderfully written characters. It was far more delightful to spend time in their company than I would have ever thought!

However, I do sometimes think that your writing style occasionally becomes hard to follow. I feel as though you sometimes fly from one scene to another so quickly, it's hard to keep up. Additionally, sometimes your dialog becomes so opaque that it's hard to tell what your characters are speaking of, and occasionally even hard to tell who's saying what. (Especially if there are two males in the scene and you use 'he' to indicate a speaker.) I still enjoyed this story greatly but I think it would be a good idea to keep these issues in mind for next time.
Westron Wynde chapter 32 . 11/19/2009
The end... but what an ending. All explained - and you slipped a catfish in there too ;) It's been a real treat reading this and I've loved each and every update. Will we get to hear what Holmes had planned for the Viscount (hint, hint)?

Thank you for a brilliant story!
andi chapter 32 . 11/18/2009
great story :) would you consider a brief epilogue involving Holmes retribution against the Viscount? I am curious to know what sort of revenge he was planning for the way Watson was treated.
ariex chapter 32 . 11/18/2009
So the story is over? Now I want to know what happened with Holmes and the Viscount... And shouldn't "that’s why he was arrogant enough to try to work alongside Mr. Holmes instead of against!” be "against Mr. Holmes instead of alongside?"
reflekshun chapter 32 . 11/18/2009
Aragonite, this read was truly a treat. Thank you very much for sharing. I'm still in awe of your denoument.
Westron Wynde chapter 31 . 11/14/2009
A splendidly, gorgeously, luxuriantly-written chapter. The dialogue was pure heaven and so very natural. I can almost hear their conversation in my head.

But I'm still in the dark as to the solution of the mystery! Looking forward to more :)
reflekshun chapter 31 . 11/12/2009
Very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing.
rabidsamfan chapter 31 . 11/12/2009
Yay! More! I've been waiting as patiently as I could, but I am very happy to see that you've put fingers to keyboard once more.

And I'm nearly as curious to know what's happening as Clea!
ariex chapter 31 . 11/12/2009
I can picture the boys trying to cultivate minerals. It also is very like Holmes to find out the probability of heads vs. tails. Didn't Martin find out the kind of snake already? Did Lady Woodrow curse her husband? I really liked this chapter, and am looking forward to the next one!
ariex chapter 30 . 11/6/2009
Well, I just finished reading this story, and I love it. You do a really good job keeping Holmes and Watson in character.I'm really interested to find out who did it. Keep up the good work!
Westron Wynde chapter 30 . 10/25/2009
“What sort of snake?” I'm thinking (and hoping) not a swamp adder lol! How very intriguing.

Loving this story immensely. Looking forward to reading more :)
Westron Wynde chapter 29 . 10/25/2009
"A civilian on holiday" - an interesting thought. Are policemen ever not on duty (as you are quite beautifully proving)?

Well, I'm glad you laid out the salient facts for us, but I'm still as mystified as ever!