Reviews for Notturno
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, Notturno, has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Slash Romance Category for the 2012 Season. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by the user An Honest Mistake at The Genesis Awards forums. The nominations will be open until December 31 and the nominated stories will be assessed from January 1-February 15th, 2013, by preliminary readers. Further details will be present on The Genesis Awards website at a later date.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations,

Keveh Kins,

Recruitment Officer,

The Genesis Awards
TA Salmalin chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Very interesting AU. It's a little strange, perhaps, how easily Genesis' character fits into this role...
Mini-Mayh3m chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
brilliantly written. So many details, but there's not too many. This story kept me reading and i love stories that do that. It's just so good!
Confusion No Hime chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
That was... beautiful... utterly beautiful. I've read a lot of Sephesis fics but this is the only fic I was ever motivated to review (Yeah, I'm a lazy ass )! Because it's just so beautiful and it got me breathless! I loved every part of it, especially the setting. Genesis as a courtesan, the title and the role suited him very well and the ending was melodramatically sweet! Thanks for the awesome read and I'm glad I found this fic! :D

CNH

PS. Sephiroth wearing a platinum mask reminds me of Zechs of Gundam Wing. XD
IA1979 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This was stunning! You put great effort into this story and it worked out beautifully. Such lovely details and great, rich vocabulary; this was truly wonderfully written.

The ending was so romantic and perfect.
xJasmine chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Wow, this is absolutely amazing!

Firstly, the amount of thought and obvious research put into this fic just stuns me. I had no previous knowledge of Renaissance-period culture or whatever, but your writing really sets the mood and I felt as if I were really there. It truly was a magical moment for me, and that comes very rarely.

I especially loved the part where Genesis was first introduced; what set him apart from the rest was described so beautifully. The fact that Sephiroth is so believable and so wonderfully portrayed in this fic really blows my mind, and I usually am not a big fan of Sephiroth.

He's just so... Human. Usually writers cut out most emotions from Sephiroth, making him cold as a stone. However, in your fic I saw apprehension, fear, desire and a whole mix of feelings that I can't even put into words.

I also enjoyed the transition from the ballroom to the courtyard. It was very well written in every respect, especially with so much suppressed desire and seduction dripping off the page!

That being said, some plot points are a bit off, but these are hardly a hiccup in the grand song of your fanfiction. Genesis falling for Sephiroth given his position (or lack of one) is bizarre, but I get the feeling from the fic that there was some kind of underlying intensity that was not explained. And guess what? It doesn't need to be.

When thinking about this fic, I constantly had the idea of utter recklessness and carelessness strewn about this story. Sex and politics, power and lust... It's a heady mix but you've managed it very well.

Again, I would like to praise you on your amazing attention to detail. Everything from the 'Bump of a sword blade against a booted calf' to the blissfully deaf drunkards created such a world for me! This story has inspired me to do some additional research on the time period and perhaps write something myself.

How do you retain all this information, if you don't mind me asking? Do you study many historical time periods or just this one? It's amazing how much you were able to incorporate into this short scene, yet it is such a potent brew. Did you research with an obsession?

Sorry for the long review, but this story just doesn't have enough of them in my opinion.

-Jasmine

P.S. I don't know if you reply to your reviews, but I guess I'll be finding out soon. ;)
LittleLamperouge chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Eheehee _, I was just reading through the fics on my favourites list when I found this again - I can't believe I didn't review it last time ! So here is a review now instead!

Gah - I love this fic, so much - and I'm not even usually a fan of one-shots! I love this pairing and the fact it's in Italy and it's a masked ball...*happy little squeal*

*looks embarrassed and clears her throat*

But yeah, great story 8D!

-M.M-
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
I enjoyed this story a lot. History is one of my obsessions and seeing Seph and Gen in a good historical AU is such a great thing, more so since it is so very rare.

I have to say that your portrayal of era was very realistic, and Sephiroth as the warrior with his own sarcastic and even bitter opinion is very realistic as well. The dance was great (reminded me of the Marlezon Ballet in Dumas (wonder if I spelled it correctly _), as were the descriptions of arcitecture and settings; it did sound like Italy, although I've never been there. I loved the ending as well.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this one. Did you write enything else historical with Sephiroth and Genesis by chance? :)

~SLoveless.
bibochan chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I have nothing more to say than I have fallen completely in love.

This was so beautifully written and the intense research was evident. I personally love the idea of a true italian masquerade. And I could practically see the radiant colors of costumes and masks under the golden light. My favorite part was Sephiroth's and Genesis' dance. It was beautiful and intricate without being too wordy. Absolute perfection.
Eilun chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
This was really really good. You did a great job with the time period and the characters! I really enjoyed it.
Boehmei chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Your story is awesome!

You did a realy good job, the research was worth its while.

The end was so cute, I simply love it!
sphinxofthenile chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I still love this story so much. 3
CNome chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Wow! You really put a lot of work into this, not a lot of people are willing to attempt a history AU because of all the research involved to make it good. Thank you.

I loved Sephiroth's thoughts in the beginning-especially his opinion of the Nobles, so quintessentially him. That made his affair with Genesis (and rediscovery of beauty) so much better.

And you characterized Genesis so well: dramatic and passionate without being superfluous! I normally don't like him as much as Sephiroth but you made him shine in this story!
Koakuma Tsuri chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Nope, I'm still going with Lazard being the soprano. Since the white-gloved conductor is obviously Ronald McDonald. Think of these things!

Anyhoo, you said a little while that you were planning a sequel to thing, hm? *adorable kitten face*

I still love it. It's still romantic and Genesis' dress is still hawt. I think I'll have to draw it. Om nom nom.

MAORKTHNX