Reviews for Impossible Fairytales
AceFangirl chapter 4 . 5/20/2013
I wonder why more people don't use this pairing. I guess everyone ships Phoenix and Maya, which I don't. I can picture Phoenix and Thalassa being a couple, they're Trucy's mom and dad either way. Good drabbles, they were really interesting to read.
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
wow...this was incredible! your imagery is fascinating.
Noyee chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
I'm going to be honest. There's a lonesome tear trying to escape from my eye, and I can't cry because I have to lunch with my parents and they are going to look at me weird.

The way you write is so poetic oh GOD the last one ... Words cannot describe this.

princessphilomena chapter 3 . 8/18/2009
You know, I've never given Lamiroir much thought.

She was the star singer in Case 3, and one of the out-of-the-blue solved mysteries in Case 4, but I never really...felt anything for her. (I know that sounds terribly awkward)

You filled that gap for me. Just as you made Apollo come alive to me, you turned Lamiroir into a character, rather than the animated sprite on my screen. Incorporating all those jumbled emotions in her and adding that dimension of fear and I mean, with Lamiroir, people usually zero in on the blindness, the darkness, the fear of the light and the memory loss as the root of the insecurity. But you took it from a different angle, the fears that I think would logically be more dominant in her (now that I've finally given her some thought), and I think that was what made it real to me.

And I really love your beautiful descriptions and metaphors. There's just something about them that paint pictures for me. I love it :)

Would it be too much to ask for another update?
pearls1990 chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
Your writing is very metaphoric and I love it! If you haven't seen the movie 'Pump Up the Volume' you must watch it. Your writing reminds me of the females leads love letters to the male lead! (They aren't quite what you expect!)
ChloboShoka chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
This was a good Thalassa drabble. :) She's had a troubled and complicated life. I liked this drabble lot.
ChloboShoka chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
Apollo was betrayed nicely in this.
ChloboShoka chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
That was a magical drabble. A wonderful read. A shame there aren't more Thalassa/Phoenix stuff around it's a nice pair.
impracticality chapter 2 . 7/30/2009
No problem~ I love this.

And I love Apollo. This chapter gives him so much more depth and the word choice and style enhance the mood perfectly. You did a wonderful job of writing his reaction to this situation.
princessphilomena chapter 2 . 7/29/2009
You know, I have to confess that I was quite shocked when reading all this angst coming from Apollo. We always see him all young and naive and cute, so I've always neglected to look at him from this angle.

But as I read this a second time, I do see where you're coming from with this. How have I always not imagined how miserable Apollo's life might have been when he was little? Some people might complain that this is OOC for him, but I, on the other hand, would like to thank you for putting this into perspective for me. Apollo has now become a three-dimensional character to me, all thanks to you :)

And again, I love the narration. There's this impulsive edge to it, and it really gives your story that...push, that drive, from beginning to end. I could never write anything like it; I'm too practical and stick-by-the-rules xD

Oh, and before I forget, thank you for the nice shoutout at the beginning :)

Great job again! I hope to see more soon! :D
impracticality chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Beautiful. I read the summary and fell in love, and the drabble itself certainly didn't disappoint.

I've never really thought about this pairing much, but the way you write them is just lovely 3 Great work!
princessphilomena chapter 1 . 7/28/2009

I'll admit that I'm no fan of this pairing, but I did like this story :)

I thought the narration was quite well done, and I did love your word choice. Word choice is always vital, especially in such a short piece. So I thought you were great in that department.

I did, however, find that some spots might have been better with commas. I just found them a tad confusing without it, and had to read the line a second time to understand it. (It could be because I have a slight tendency to overuse commas :P)

Like here:

"He's like the broken master of the piano and when he plays it's his heart and soul pouring onto the keys; and he's so terrible and incorrect he's brilliant."

If I'm reading it right, I think it could use a comma after "incorrect". And the next line:

"He's like Mozart on a bad day, he's like a chorus of nightingales and swallows- the piano-man, he's the maker of music so absurd no-one knows whether it's awfully bad or so good they can't hear it, don't even know about it-"

Perhaps it would be clearer if you used a comma or inserted "that" after "absurd"?

But of course, those are only suggestions :) Aside from that, I did like this piece quite a bit and hope to see more from you!