Reviews for The Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown
cool cat chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
good but slightly off somehow
Tabasc0 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Second, or maybe third, the above.

One of the reasons I liked StrikerS was, at least at first, it acted more like military scifi/fantasy than an MG show. Part of that was actual hardware showing up on screen, but the other part was a dose of reality coming with it.

This has a bit of the same feel.
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Guess who. .

As I said on AS, I love this. You do an excellent job of narrating Chrono's thoughts and his justification for what he does; even more interesting that he acknowledges that there is a line, and he's starting to come pretty close to crossing it.

I like the additional touch of Hayate being Chrono's 'angel on his shoulder' in the sense that she's trying to keep him on the true path. It seems like something she'd do.

Amy/Chrono is an underappreciated ship, so few people write it in any form. So the married couple fluff is sweet. It's also a nice touch to Amy, that she's more or less figured out just what her husband does for a living. Even nicer touch that her little speech got through to Chrono even if he didn't want it to.

Very nice work. Makes Chrono less of an asshole and... more of an asshole with a heart of gold, I guess. XD At least in the Shadows Arc.
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Darn, got it up before I could nag you to, did you, eh?

I always enjoyed this fic of yours-a look into the mind of a Chrono who's been caught between ideals he seeks to defend and a belief that those ideals are not enough to defend themselves, and who is steadily being worn down by the burden of the choices and compromises he's had to make to do so. The comparison to Graham is an inevitable but interesting one-it's telling that his objection, looking back, to Graham's plan was not that he opposed the immorality of basically destroying a child (deliberately keeping her isolated from forming any family bonds, then betraying her desire to live peacefully, torturing her into insanity so that she became possessed by an ancient artifact, then freezing said artifact into stasis and dropping it into a dimensional rift so that Hayate could basically be alone in her madness within the Book until the end of days...nice fellow, Gil) but because it was a bad plan, drawn up without knowledge of how things stood on the ground.

I rather enjoy Amy here; while she's not privy to all of his activities, she's nobody's fool either, and while in love with Chrono she's certainly not blind to the flaws (I do love Chrono's, "The man you married already was." comeback, though!).

I still get the idea that the last agent's report happened to be the one on the incident that RadiantBeam mentions in "Shadow"...too bad for Chrono that that incident was already caught by the Enforcers...