Reviews for And the rest is silence
joster13 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
And then there were tears.

I'd like to think that deep down bellatrix still held love for Sirius and it was the maddness that helped her cope. I like the mingling of voices in this so much. It just broke my heart because the voices (to me) seemed like the rational bellatrix (the pre-voldemort bellatrix). I find the black family dynamic so facinating and heartbreaking and I love it when people "get it right."

This was a pleasure to read. Call me a masochist but I love it when writers break my heart and make me feel. Major props for that. :)

-jo
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Oh, amazingy written! I liked it very much, you got Bella very well, she was in character, I loved the bits where she regrets, and pecial thanks for including the other Black cousins too.

A fav.
lilmeier chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
brilliant story, just loved your charactiasation of Bellas madness.
The Predatory Wasp chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
this was so good! really. i loved all the (thoughts). it added that unique edge.
Lo0pster chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
short, effective, powerful. Great work :P
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I liked this; the flow of the thoughts in parenthesis definitely gave the piece a sort of rhythm, and the idea of them running on the beach was creative.
Allora Gale chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This is excellent. I loved it, it almost made me cry.
Rameelia chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Wow... The litany of Bellatrix's thoughts running amok and yet in a strangely sensible fashion was what totally stunned me. In a good way. Usually, when I see a fic (even such a short one) with, ahem, rather long paragraphs and no promise of a dialogue in the near future to rest eyes on, I don't bother to read. The cadence of Bellatrix's thoughts was absolutely mesmerizing. Wonderful!
Memories Left Abandoned chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Wow.

That's really powerful.

I love the stream of consciousness thing, that's awesome.

This is fantastic )
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I like this one! The writing style, with the dashes and parentheses, works really well here to convey Bellatrix's state of mind. I like how you made her a bit more human than how she's normally portrayed - I'd like to think she feels SOMETHING other than happiness after she kills her cousin.
Scared-Like-Me chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
i like it, personally , i think Bella doesn't feel reorse, but don't let that put you, off, it's just my opinion, i truly think it's a nice wee one-shot, it shows the madness within

heal my bleeding heart
JacksonFrost chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
This is really good. You captured Bellatrix's madness perfectly. Keep writing!
outwittingsquirrels chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Wow I love this, my two favourite characters :) I love it when writers give Bellatrix a bit more depth and you've done really well here. And I've never seen a fic about Bellatrix after she kills Sirius. Really good
xCaTTeHx chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
This is wonderful! I honestly can't say it any better than that... You can feel the poor woman's grief with every word. I think you've done a great job, especially since JK Rowling doesn't give us much in the way of Bellatrix' thoughts. She seems very real, very 3d, which is a pleasant change. Oh, and I absolutely love the bits in brackets, nice touch!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009