Reviews for An Unexpected Assignment
whitehound chapter 1 . 1/31
That all sounds quite likely and in character.

Btw, Hermione would dial 999, not 911, which is a US thing. And yes, 911 is more sensible, because 998 can be pressed by a cat standing on the phone.
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Very nice story, I would love a sequel!
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Buttons. I love Buttons. That's all I have to say. I love Buttons. No, really, I love the rest of it too. Thanks for the story. :)
misundersnape chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
It does seem quite an unacceptable situation that underage wizards have such trouble contacting others in a World that can summon things across a room or instantly Apparate to another place. Especially those from Muggle households whose parents have even less ability to contact other wizards.

I have read another fic very much like this one, but you'll be happy to note that this was the better one. :D I liked that Hermione, despite her brilliance, was still floudering about what she should do for an ill man in his thirties at age 12. It is lucky that Errol came when he did... otherwise I suspect Harry might have become involved anyway (Hermione finally thinking about ringing at least him, the only other wizard she knew who had a phone) despite that being Snape's worst outcome... lol.

Great job - a fun little fic.

misundersnape...
marylinevelyn chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I really don't like the dream sequence, sorry Bella, I realized it had a purpose once I got through it, but I still thought it was weak.

I like that you've chosen a Severus and Hermione pairing, and kept it canon and not disturbing like some of the disgusting stuff out there. So it was a cool way to pair them, because they are a cool pairing.
Avi689 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
I'm curious- what inspired this? I quite like it, and your Severus and Hermione are nicely in character.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Yes, he does have a headmaster to tell off-imagine how much Albus will care (not). After all, it's only Snape.
PropertyoftheHBP chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
What a lovely story - Hermione and Severus were both perfectly in character and the plot was well-thought out - very sweet :)

SLW
The Duchess of Telmar chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I like this one; not a romantic gesture for once. Very sweet to read about how innocent she was again D
MaritimeStars chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This story was amazing. Thank you for writing it!
Sarahetc chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
This story is so lovably awkward. I do wonder why Snape didn't bother to cast a Patronus to communicate with Hogwarts. To weak from sickness? But totally made up for by Hermione's muggle medicine cabinet. I hope he tells the Headmaster off thoroughly, as soon as he's recovered.
limecottage chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This made me smile! It's so detailed, and you captured both Hermione and Snape perfectly! It's endearing, it really is, thanks for sharing it!
Healer Pomfrey chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
As I already told you on Livejournal, I love this story! I'm glad we had so many nice stories for my summer challenge - thank you so much for writing such a brilliant story for the challenge!
zuse chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Aww, I really liked this story. :)
duj chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
He should tell off the headmaster for more than just not coming to look for him. Why was he sent in the first place, when his illness, based on that description of the cause, should have been entirely predictable?