Reviews for Dreamer
sidlerocks chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
My apologies. I looked for the credit in the story description. I missed the acknowledgement buried in the text, and then, when I went back to see as soon as I realized what I was reading, did not read down into what appeared to be the body of the story. You absolutely did appropriately credit the film, though the placement might have been more obvious.

I was also thrown off by the fact that not one of the reviews commented on how deftly this was done, although I suppose it's possible that people just aren't familiar with this utterly charming film.
Caos Accidentale chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Note about the next review: I completely agree that crediting the source material is important, which is why it was credited at the very beginning of the story. But for those who missed it, here's the disclaimer that was posted with the story when it was written (and still is posted for that matter) :

Disclaimer/Challenge Info: Possible entry for the NFA Movie Madness Challenge Response (if I can get it completed in time...) The plot for this story is based on the movie "American Dreamer" by Ann Biderman (story) and David Greenwalt (writer).
sidlerocks chapter 9 . 7/17/2013
This is a charming and very well written story, but you CAN'T rip off someone else's work and not acknowledge your source. Great reselling of American Dreamer, but you HAVE to state that's what it is, even when writing fan fiction. The writing is yours, the plot is not, any more than the characters are. Even the cake of the White House is not.

The blatant plagiarism makes me hesitant to favorite the story, despite how much I like it, but in the end I'm just going to home people read my review. Wish there was a way to comment on the "favorites" list...

If you'd properly acknowledged your source material, this would have been one of my all-time fav NCIS fan fics
anonymous chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
i was totally on board with this story until chapter 3, when you fused two worlds. Then you completely lost me. I got all confused, couldn't keep track of who was who and which world we were talking about again.
Kazzoh chapter 11 . 7/6/2011
I love it when a story keeps me guessing about what's coming next and this one did it in Spades. It was interesting, funny and really well written.

Thanks for sharing :)
horseaholic chapter 2 . 3/24/2011
Wow. Tony feels like he's been slapped in the face... and so do I. Just... wow. I feel so bad for Tony.

Oh noes! Tony was hit by a car? :O I'm off to read more!

Renthead07
horseaholic chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
I say, ditch the wife, Tony, you deserve some 'you' time, and if Ellen doesn't like it, she doesn't deserve you... Ugh, I really don't like Ellen so far. Although I suppose I'm not supposed to, lol. I can't believe how selfish she's being, though. This is a dream he has, and she won't give up her work, to let him pursue it.

Go, Tony!

I'm off to read more before my first class of Thursday.

Renthead07
langeek chapter 11 . 8/5/2010
AMAZING! This story is now in my top 5 favorite fanfics of all time. Great characters, great writing, great plot, and great humor. I've been laughing out loud for the past hour while reading this story. LOVE IT! Now we just need the sequel! Pleeeeease hurry!
langeek chapter 4 . 8/5/2010
This story is hilarious! I just couldn't wait till the end to review; I had to give myself a break from the awesome weirdness of it all. I can't wait to see where it goes. Tony/Tommy is perfect! (I just hope he doesn't get in too much trouble tracking down Lisa.)
godsdaughter77 chapter 11 . 4/28/2010
I really enjoyed this story and even ignored a paper I should have been working on to read it! I really hope you write that sequel soon!
Countdown chapter 11 . 4/1/2010
Hey, I guess I didn't review your story the first time I read it. I was in a mood today, and your story popped into my head, so I just had to reread it.

I'll be honest with you. The first time I read it, I had very mixed feelings. Tony/"Tommy" had everything happen too easily it seemed, yet it demanded that I find out how everything ended. And your "optional" epilogue, well, I actually laughed aloud.

Now, the second time reading it, the story was even better. I knew what would happen, I wasn't having any mental battles, and it was even funnier.

Okay, so now I'm stuck (with many other readers I'm sure) waiting for you to write the sequel. I have many questions that I'm eager to see answered. For instance, does Tony have his knife? He just left an airport, so technically the belt should have been in his luggage. Yet with all the head trauma Tony just went through, he just may have forgotten that he was wearing it, and so is still wearing it when he was taken. That and I can hardly wait for Ziva's reaction that her new prison mate is none other than "Agent Tommy", according to the bad guys.

So, I'm eagerly awaiting to sequel. While I am also waiting for you to update Acquired Tastes, I'm more excited about your sequel to Dreamer. Just a little "FYI".

Have fun and SMILE!
Sonic Serendipity chapter 11 . 2/4/2010
Ahh! It's like Missing!

I love this 'verse and I love your writing. What fun! 3
Angelwings23123 chapter 11 . 1/17/2010
Great story. I eagerly await the sequel... :)
Tsuchi chapter 11 . 11/22/2009
E! This is pure genius! It's brilliant! I can't wait for the sequel fics. You are writing them, right? This is too good to end here!
Miss Barbara chapter 11 . 11/19/2009
Nice story Zak!

It confused me a little at first, but I've worked it out.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »