Reviews for Only as the Day is Long
melitta4ever chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I gotta admit, I don't like daddy W. But loved your story nevertheless.

The only problem I have is, Sam being in hell... I mean poor kid!
jenilee chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
I loved John melting to Sam’s plea for another cookie. Ah.

Your imagery in this story was fantastic. I had goose bumps while John was hearing Sam talking to his imaginary friend and upon his entering the room I was holding my breath.

What a jump in emotions from me ahh’ing one minute to being heartbroken for John having to see that or similar horrors daily.

The restaurant scene was pretty creepy. Man, and there is nothing creepier than sweet little angel faced kids turning evil bloodsuckers in two breaths. Thanks to the original Omen movies I’ve never been comfortable watching evil kids, being on iced over lakes, or in elevators.

The whole scene with Alastair was so vivid in my mind. Again, great imagery also great job on Alastair and Azazel. Like they walked off the tv screen into print.

I ached for John when he realised the things he should have said to his boys. I loved that the boys are what kept him strong and his realising what he should have said was very hard to not cry for him/them because it’s too late to change but he at least got to tell Sam he loved him and that was very much needed and also explains his not saying anything to Sam at the cemetery.

Wonderful story.
waterlily chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
That was amazing!
masondixon chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Is there more?

Thank You for a story that shows the humanity and heart of John Winchester. So many fanfiction stories feature him in such unlikeable roles. You did him justice here.

Hope there is a little more to come. Thank You.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Interesting, unique and well-written.
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Nice story. I'm not a big John fan - nor am I a John!basher, it's more that I cautiously like the character - but I liked the explanation you give as to why John would have been able to held in Hell much longer than Dean.