Reviews for Tarnished Treasures
The Kunoichi chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is frickin awesome. When I read this, I was like O.O You did an awesome job!
Dark.Dragon.7 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
...AMAZING! holy s...! i read this after watch Ga Rei Zero, so, think about kagura go mad, evil and being a killer motivated by a desire for revenge and all the love she feel for yomi..you're amazing! poor yomi, only watching and can't do nothing for save kagura, why you don't do a sequel? well thanks for this great fic!
Uncle.Dragon chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I got a little pointer that could make this story better dood, that both Yomi and Kagura went evil instead dood. oh btw dood, I am a prinny dood
MaesLawliet chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I was watching Ga-Rei Zero again and thought I should search for any stories on this site. I was disappointed when I saw there was only 10 but I read your one because it seemed interesting.

I have to say that this story is VERY good. At first I thought 'WHAT!' when Kagura said she killed everyone because I didnt expect that Mitogawa would give the sesshouseki to her instead! Damn you Mitogawa! He almost kills Yomi and then gives the stone to Kagura! He has to be the most evil guy I've seen in any anime. I felt really sorry for Yomi because she couldn't do anything to stop Kagura's evil rampage ;_;.

Once again, brilliant story. :)

-MaesLawliet-
Akai-Kurenai chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Kagura went...yandere. Oh lord.

One of the better Ga-Rei fics I've read on this website, I think. Good job.

Honestly, though, I would've liked to see the scene where Kagura acquired the Sesshouseki, but I guess that wouldn't really make it a Yomi-POV story.

Write more!
FlareKnight chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I have to say incredible job. Have managed to make me wonder whether this or the way things actually went was worse for Yomi. Perhaps this one is the worst path for her. After all knowing all the blood that was on her hands was one thing. But knowing that Kagura had done all that for her sake perhaps would be more horrifying for her. Either way it's a terrible way for things to go.

Maybe even more than Yomi I can't help but take the hope that Kensuke presents. Even if Yomi has a terrible road ahead any possibility of a better future is worth it. Even in a tragic tale like this I just can't give up on hope for Yomi. Probably just because of the kind of person I am. But this one definitely questions the whole "long as your alive there is hope."

This really was well done. You managed to really make people feel the horror and anguish that Yomi experienced upon seeing what Kagura had ended up as. Kazuki being the one to deliver the finishing blow. Considering what he went through in this and the anime can't be surprised he'd be willing to do it. In his case it's not as much about will as it is a lack of power.

Definitely a chilling tale. I'll definitely be looking over my shoulder for a while to check for Kagura's approach.
Maxmilian chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Superb story.

The awesomeness of this at least partially makes up for the few Ga-Rei stories there are.

U basicaly turned the ending around making Kagura the bad one.

But what a hell of a story. U made Kagura finally do sth for Yomi. In the anime she doesnt know how to act around her. Too bad they got only that one kiss in the car with the pocky. It was so sad the way the anime ended.

Good job on this. Hope to hear from u in some other cool story.
Zeshin-kun chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I have to agree with your readers, there isn't enough Ga-rei out there, but it could simply be the series itself. It isn't very recognised in Japan, either.

On to the AU itself, I think you portrayed Yomi's personality flawlessly. It was definitely some read. I have a few doubts about Kagura's fall into darkness, though. The Sesshouseki controls via negative emotion, particularly hatred and selfish desire. Kagura seems too innocent and naive in the anime for that and even with Yomi paralysed, she only thought about how it wasn't fair and that she wanted it to be a nightmare. It is possible she wished on the sesshouseki to have it truly be a nightmare scenario so she could be with Yomi forever and restore her proper place in society, but again, she may be too naive in the anime for that.

It's why she does succumb, but in the manga after she's had to kill Yomi twice and therefore has much darkness in her heart, bitterness over what she's had to do.

Apart from that, I definitely enjoyed her fall, Yomi's reaction, Kazuhiro's role, and that you both give further mention to Touru and Natsuki while allowing Kazuki to live where in the OU, he was the first to die. Very amusing twist of events.

Another small note is on the marionette cloth. I find it a weak explanation to cure her of her tetraplegia. I mean, puppet cloth by anyone's guess could just as easily mean she's being controlled remotely by something, much more likely than being a conduit to control herself. Perhaps, as this is AU, her injuries sustained could've been less severe or that she had estimated her untimely demise just enough to prevent permanent damage?

On that, though, I'd say she's still no Darth Vader so you're in the clear. Vader could move on his own, but had to be augmented with artificial limbs, which is almost a default in the Star Wars universe. His only true dependency was on the respirator. Yomi is absolutely dependent on the cloth to move and it isn't a typical situation either. Her personality, though, is rather similar. Still, there are distinct differences that help define them separately, so again, you're safe.

I must say, I'm beginning to wonder if you'll think to continue this in a Ga-rei setting. I'd wonder how Yomi and Kensuke would fare together and what a Category A Kagura would be like.

If you've kept with the manga, Isoyama Izumi would be interesting in your AU.
Person With Many Aliases chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Ah, it's up.

Heh, Darth Yomi. How much one wants to simply hug her...

Well, like I said before, it's really neat stuff. Even watched two or three of the more tame episodes in the Zero anime just to see how Exorcism works there.

Well, nice job on all this. I hope you continue along with this continuity some time. (Don't worry, Yomi, you have an eyepatch, you have guns, and your defining color is still black.) Naturally, I'll probably be over-stepping bounds with what I say, but do derive some vivacious enjoyment at making/inserting OCs into continuities. If you need a few extra bodies made by me, Holler.

So yeh, good stuff.
siverstorm chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This was dark...but incredible.

I love it more because it's an alternate reality.

And not just an alternate reality where everyone lives happily ever after.

Excellent job.
Ominae chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Holy S*! That's the most darkest fic I've ever read. And to top it all, you made Kagura the crazy b*tch!

Guess this means Yomi/Ken are together. Shame Jinguji had to die, she's a cool character.

Interesting that you had a cameo from the Ace Attorney. I nearly LOLed...

And yeah, quite interesting for Yomi to be a gunslinger this time around. I'd like to see what happens in further stories. Keep it up! XP

The section needs more GR stories. :D
ijuintekka chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Good to see you finally put this up! The lack of activity in the Ga-Rei fandom is disheartening and I was beginning to think you had given up on this. Now that it's here I hope you'll write up some more in the near future.