Reviews for Watering Plants
Iron Monkey Fist chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Super depressing and wonderfully written.
JuliusKing chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
Fuck me mate, you have me by the heartstrings here. I get that this is half a decade old, so you probably won't even take a glance at a review to an old oneshot you wrote so long ago, but on the off chance you get the notification, I figured a little praise would be the least I could do.
I'm not proud to say, I ended up figuring things out not long before Sakura herself did, but I am to say, that your probably the first to make me feel so many emotions in a little over a thousand words.
I'm sorry, since I'm nowhere near good enough of an analyst to really pick apart your story and try to give you pointers, but I felt so satisfied by the end, that I figure, if there really are any problems in your story, their overshadowed by everything that is right with it.
You're writing is fantastic, if my opinion wasn't already clear, and I'm reading a few more of your Naruto fics just to see what other small masterpieces you have.
Addiction's Curse chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Beautifully written. I love oneshots like this.
paracuties chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
...Wow, this is amazing. It shows how Naruto has so much more depth to everything he does. This. S really, really cool. I loved it. Especially the ending, and how everything kind of ties in together and how even though this seems to be about watering his plants, these kinds of stories are the ones that hold tons of meaning. Thank you for writing such a beautiful piece of work, keep writing!
1sunfun chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Nice story.
Tigerrelly chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Beautiful. :)
hitori.no.boku chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I'm speechless, your talent is incredible. This story is deep.
777angeloflove chapter 1 . 8/14/2012

Fate chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Lovely...
Shadow Owner chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Hey Scarlet,

This gave me pause! It stung, and yet was heartwarming, and so believable of Naruto to be quiet about being sweet. He may be boisterous and energetic, but he isn't one to outright declare that those he cares for are his precious people, so it's so fitting that he remembers them and part of why he wanted to become Hokage (the earlier, initial goal being to earn their respect).

To have Naruto demonstrate this maturity and conscientiousness for caring for these plants surely illustrates just how seriously he takes his responsibilities and the how much he treasures his loved ones (even wanting to keep their plant 'representatives' thriving), and the people of Konoha. How symbolic too, that plants represent members of the Hidden Village of the Leaf, Konoha, and even more so that they tend to each other and help each other out; bonds of friendship and love, rather than simply comrades.

Surprised to note that Ino wasn't included, particularly if she was the one who selected or shared the language of flowers with Naruto, though I suppose it's already a given since we know. Not surprised that Tenten's name wasn't included though; I'd imagine Naruto to be closer to the Konoha Eleven, and his male counterparts than to other kunoichi. I know it would be draggy if each and every of the flowers were mentioned and associated with a particular person, hence I think I understand why these were singled out.

Another thing I wondered about was the red spider lily. I'd think Naruto wouldn't ever actually give up on Sasuke... unless he were physically dead, that is. And I can't see Naruto being one to not forgive easily, though in this case since Sasuke hurt Sakura so badly, perhaps Naruto thought it necessary to remind himself of his own failure to bring Sasuke home?

Appreciate the depth and thought you've put into this fic; thanks for writing it! :)

Shadow
yuhki minamitani chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
this is such a wonderful story. you write really well and i just love your naruto fics. the significance of the flowers are also so well thought of. that thing with sasuke hit me really hard too. i wanna ask even though it is not related to the story if sasuke ever came back to konoha in this fic or did he die before it happened or did he just disappear (given the red spider lily and all). anyway great work! i look forward to more of your fics.
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
This is a really unique idea, and it's cool that you researched the meanings of all those plants. I think the only thing that was missing is a flower for Jiraiya. I like the idea of Konohamaru becoming Hokage after Naruto, too.
someone179 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009