Reviews for A Bottle Can't Hold You
AriMarvelUniverse chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
YAS. Loved it. Omg more.
Jack Mirembe chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
Excellent interaction between Wolverine and Nightcrawler. I'm glad you didn't go the easy way of just having Wolverine give him a major lecture. The fact that Wolverine can relate is a big deal and you did a good thing by acknowledging that.

J. Mirembe
Jack Mirembe chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
This is really complex. At first I was a little thrown by Kurt just dropping everything and sinking that deep. But it fits and meshes nicely with the rest of his character. Great job!

J. Mirembe
LeeMyrrh chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
I'd attempt to give a much more useful review, but I'm very sleepy right now, though I will say that you did an EXCELLENT job with this. Actually, excellent isn't enough. Beyond excellent. I actually cried at the end of chapter eight... :3

Seriously, I wish I was as awesome. I will definitely be looking out for more stories from you in the near future. :]
Drifting One chapter 9 . 4/21/2010
You pretty much know about my thouhts on this story: very well written, but more MA than M. I don't even want to know how much more graphic it can get. That being said:

Please update. This is a compelling story, and I want to know what happens! Is there a light? You said there isn't . . . but a girl can always hope, yes?
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail chapter 9 . 12/12/2009
I *would* write something actual, but I got to read this beforehand. :) Before everyone else here (I think)

Ha.

'Tails D
webaholic chapter 9 . 12/3/2009
Don't feel you update slowly. If you started in July and are putting up chapter 9 in November, that's great! I think I've only put up 2 chappies in the same time span. (Written a ton more, mind you, but not posted yet.)

LOVE all your disclaimers. Every one is refreshing and fun!

Hm ... didn't realize EvoKurt had swords. Love the idea, of course.

"I happen to be in lots of multi-purpose pain." Fantastic line. His whole avoidance humor was spot on.

Great minds must think alike, because I too have him using puppy-dog eyes at one point (not yet posted).

His description of Logan had me laughing over and over. Priceless!
webaholic chapter 8 . 12/3/2009
Very poignant.

Some of the best lines include:

"Kurt braced himself for the inevitable, be it the shudder of revulsion, the scream of fright, or perhaps just the realization forming in her eyes that she had made a terrible mistake. He had seen all of them growing up in Germany."

"she would take with her what little hope he still maintained, leaving what might have been lying in the imprint she left in his sheets. He pondered, with the deliberate idleness of someone trying to shrug off genuine hurt"

"The words came out too hard, too cold, too much like truth. It was as though they cut his lips and tongue as they left his mouth."

"Have you ever tried to burn yourself so that you could feel just a little bit more normal?"

Each of them a gem.
webaholic chapter 7 . 12/3/2009
Tabby seems to have ignored Logan's explicit instructions for the Elf to clean up the room too ... but then, she's not really good at following rules anyway, is she?

"Vertical teleports were always more taxing on Kurt’s energy reserves, but it was still far better than having to crawl upstairs with the bruises." Might not need to repeat the info on verticals since it was covered in last chapter.

Not sure I understood the part about the showerhead ... like, the kind that is hand-held? (I can be pretty dense.)

Okay, had to look up "digigrade" in the dictionary (Merriam-Webster's online) and all they had was "digitigrade: walking on the digits with the posterior of the foot more or less raised" Same thing?

Loved the foot massage ... my OC did that early on too (not posted yet). The way to a man's heart, perhaps.

My chance to be nitpicky (tho I appreciated all your comments on mine!): I think "reduced his self-control to tatters" would be fine, not needing "mere."

Some folks would prefer Tabitha to voice her opinion in the last sentence because they would feel it shifts point of view since Kurt doesn't know her exact thoughts.

An interesting chapter, not my cuppa but well done. Appreciate the warning as I could have skipped the chapter if desired.
webaholic chapter 6 . 12/3/2009
Very enthralling.

He assumes Jean was using telepathy, but he could be wrong: If Scott is dotty on the girl, he'd notice right away where she had suddenly turned to look. But her later antics prove him right.

“Quick, your hair pins!” Kurt shouted to Kitty. - must have been keeping a close eye on Ms. Munroe

a trio [of] mobile turrets - makes me think of Daleks. Except it says elimination rather than extermination. :-)

Love love love Tabby's humourous thank-you to Kurt.
webaholic chapter 5 . 12/3/2009
Question (I don't know much about hangovers) - even after running cold water over his face, wouldn't the sound of the student stampede reverberate in his aching head? The description seemed a bit detatched from being viewed through Kurt's post-inebriated state.

"Scooter" - love it. So fun to play with Wolvie's habit of giving nicknames

need end quotation marks:Whining means you ain’t out of breath yet.

"Vertical teleports were always much harder on him, and to make one with a hangover was torture." I wonder, too, does weight affect him? It seems to, and Logan's full metal skeleton weighs a lot.

The blue pelt part was so perfectly Wolverine!

One reason most people don't give more in-depth critques might be that, frankly, your story so far is extremely well written. I don't see a lot of room for improvement.
webaholic chapter 4 . 12/2/2009
The scene with Kitty was so poignant, past robbing the present.

"a minefield in a tornado. Memories swirled around, mixing in unthinkable combinations." totally awesome

I wonder what Logan used to keep out snoopy phasers ...? You captured his style perfectly in the through-the-door speech to Kurt. And his last comment built suspense.
webaholic chapter 3 . 12/2/2009
Great insight about his linguistic change in front of Kitty.

And, I *loved* the sarcasm. It was a perfect melding of his intense paint speaking through his normal good natured mannerisms.

You are an awesome writer. This fic is so much better than many X-novels I've read. Don't get the swelled head or anything, but tis true, even if only IMO.
webaholic chapter 2 . 12/2/2009
Never had a hangover, but you've described a migraine to perfection.

Would have loved a specific quote for example of Wolverine's antidote to Scott's high-handed behaviour. Would be easy for you since you have a flair for dialogue.

Description of JEan's attempt at reading mind made it seem very real, very possible. Kudos.

Very intense ending, well done.
webaholic chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
What a masterful description: "His posture was conflicted, as though he was struggling to rid himself of his hopes for a better life while still retaining scraps of his pride."

"the stuff that would have served better as paint thinner than as a beverage. ... This customer obviously wanted to punish his throat as well as his liver. ... he was obligated to ask the question that had already been answered by the man’s purchase." again, fantastic realism and commentary

"ome sort of nostalgic masochism would eventually convince him" great writing {bows, mutters "I am not worthy"}

Good use of olfactory description too, and his reaction to the comforter.

{races to read next chappie}